The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

philly girl thoughts

jganz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 11, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
sorry.. this is specific..

what are your thoughts on esplanade (town center)

there are a lot of reo under 100k...

what are your thoughts in general in the condo investment opportunities..

(as you know there are alot in Jvillle)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
I like the town center area. A friend of mine lived over there for a few years.

As far as the condo market, I really couldn't say. Our business focus is specifically on single family homes in the West, North and South sides of JAX.

Overall, I dont mind condos. I owned a few in Philly (don't own any today) and they were great investments. Easy to manage.

What are you looking to do with it? Long term? Short term?

For me, it's all about the numbers and what I am looking to achieve from the investment. Would it cash flow? What can you resell it for today?

I would want to know that the occupancy was solid. If you are looking at new construction, low vacancy (particularly if the builder or investors go under) can cause huge budget issues. Be cautious of something that has a high % of non-owner occupied.

As far as JAX, I think it's a solid market. There simply aren't many (I don't know of any) major cities where you can purchase a home/condo for less than 100k and be within (single digit) miles of the ocean.

If you have specific questions, let us know. We can all try to help.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
The Greater Ft. Lauderdale area - SAME !

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I just took a cruise out of FTL earlier this month, and it was pretty wild to look back at the mainland from the boat once we got 10 miles out or so, from which I could see about 3 or 4 seperate cities with tall buildings and everything -- All much bigger than where I live!

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Dhappy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 24, 2008
Tampa bay area is a term they use here that covers about 10 cities. I'm about 1/2 mile from the gulf.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.