The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Personal motivation

Anything related to matters of the mind

Alexishost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 8, 2009
What motivates you become multi-millionaire or millionaire?

I have this thought this noon. I am curious about your answer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alexishost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 8, 2009
For me, I want to do what I love. Everyday just doing what I love without money worry.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Personally, I am motivated by a couple of things. First, I intend to be ridiculously philanthropic to where I donate millions of dollars every year to charity. I truly want to make a difference in this life and leave a legacy. Secondly, I am motivated by my friends to live an extraordinary life. I have friends who are self-made mega-millionaires. Being on their mega-yachts and private jets and ocean-front estates really gives me a kick-in-the-a$$ to get going on my goals! Spending time with them is like motivational adrenaline for me.

faq88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 14, 2009
I am motivated by the thought of tons of passive income. Having it setup where every month you make 10000 or more without having to do any work. Just sitting on the beach, checking a few e-mails to make sure everything is still working. That motivates me. There was also an article just posted on the forum about how success can be addicting and you need to have success in order to want it more. Lot of good info in some of the archives.

andy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 28, 2010
UK
Admittedly money and posessions plays a big part in my personal motivation, seeing supercars, large houses and private jets inspires me to another level, not necessarily for showing off but just being able to experience these things.

However, there is alot more to my personal motivation, it has to be the people that are close to me. Being able to look after the people who have looked after me is something I want to be able to do, I want them to be able to have 'whatever they want' and I will strive to be able to provide for these people in the coming years.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Personally, I am motivated by a couple of things. First, I intend to be ridiculously philanthropic to where I donate millions of dollars every year to charity. I truly want to make a difference in this life and leave a legacy. Secondly, I am motivated by my friends to live an extraordinary life. I have friends who are self-made mega-millionaires. Being on their mega-yachts and private jets and ocean-front estates really gives me a kick-in-the-a$$ to get going on my goals! Spending time with them is like motivational adrenaline for me.

And having ya here...................motivates the REST of us.....thanks LL.:hurray:

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Calvin and Hobbes said it best.... Today is the day I go for the Gusto.
There is just some intrinsic motivation in trying to do well.

This is a great quote though:
"Being able to look after the people who have looked after me"

AdamJordan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2010
Motivation is the engine to success. Find out what makes or will make you happy...Wether it be taking care of your family, living a certain lifestyle, retiring early or whatever it may be. VISUALIZE IT!!! then MAKE IT A REALITY!!!

EVERYONE OF YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!:yourock:

mlsalters77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jun 2, 2010
Lawrencville Ga, currently in Afghanistan
obviously the freedom of not having to worry about money is a great motivator for me because I grew up poor and I want more for those that follow me as well as to be able to tell my mother that she never has to worry about anything ever again. but more than any thing, I want my life to amount to more than just average. I want to be more than just another person wasting away in the day to day. It even frustrates me some times because I want and expect so much more out of my life so my mind is constantly zeroed in on achieving this and I'm not sure if that even has any thing to do with just wealth.

.... some times I think its me being driven and some times I fear that this behavior may be unhealthy in some way.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The freedom and lack of worry, which money can provide, seems to be my true motivator.

Ahhh Bingo ... I noticed as I got older, freedom became the primary motivator while material possessions became less important. For me, the ultimate measure of success is living your life doing whatever you want, whenever you want, and wherever ...

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Ahhh Bingo ... I noticed as I got older, freedom became the primary motivator while material possessions became less important. For me, the ultimate measure of success is living your life doing whatever you want, whenever you want, and wherever ...

And the best part is..............this is dependent on the individual....can be a different amount of money i.e. success for each person ....name your price!!! :smx6:

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
I have the typical motivations, of not wanting to live from paycheck to paycheck. I read the articles of renting out my time and I get angry with myself that I didn't start this journey years ago. By and far though my biggest motivation goes off every morning 3:15am. One day I'm gonna torture that alarm clock.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
To be honest, money does not motivate me anymore. Its my passion, the mission I want to accomplish that motivates me. To see my first free library/foundation open its doors is what motivates me, to be able to invest in our youth is what motivates me, and to give them work.

Money is nothing but a piece of paper, money grows on trees, it is paper! I have found out a great little social hack you too can try, maybe one day it will change the world, heres the secret; I help people for free, last week I built a presentation pack for a friend down the road for free of charge, you will be amazed at how people want to help you.

2 months ago I experienced my first case of instant karma, I gave Moris the homeless guy £10 as he was hungry, actually tell a lie, I bought him some fish and chips and gave hum £5, otherwise he will gamble the money.

2 hours later I walked into a shop and they handed me a bag full of Kellogs Crunchies for free of charge!

My point is simple, if you stop using money you wont need it, and the only way to stop using money is to do things for free in exchange for services.

clee4

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jun 13, 2009
NJ
this

"Being able to look after the people who have looked after me"

and

Money is not a very big motivator for myself. The freedom and lack of worry, which money can provide, seems to be my true motivator.

money and big boy toys used to be a big motivator for me. they would be nice to have, but i think i would value the freedom and flexibility from whatever it is i will be doing.

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I have always lusted after a life of opulence through abundance. The freedom of time is a wonderful first step, but it is euphoric to imagine what life I can live when I have millions in passive cashflow available to me. :coolgleamA:

It is my personal definition of living richly that drives me.

rod_lleyton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
Australia/New Zealand
My motivation is pretty simple - to avoid the poverty trap that severely affected our family during my childhood. It affected our family (relationship breakdowns), our potential development as kids both emotionally and career-wise, to list a few. At one point I was going to commit suicide.

I just didn't want the worries that come with being poor and stay in poverty forever. That's my motivation.

Although "mo money mo problems", I'd rather have the kind of problems associated with more wealth, as these, I believe, are probably more easily solved.

A

Anon3587x

My motivation is to prove to everyone on the outside that this person inside me is greater than anyone imagined.

If our inner colors were more visible my life would of been different.
But because I was born poor there are people trying to keep me poor.

People who think they are better just because they could afford things and were handed opportunity's I was denied.

I'm a good looking guy, athletic and smart. I take care of myself and others.

But some girls would not even give me a chance because I couldn't offer them anything besides myself.

These girls would date ugly rich kids just because they had nice trucks and could take them to cabins up in the mountains.

I'm so spiteful over this. But my day will come sooner or later and in a way I'm thankful for the life I've had growing up.

I wasn't dirt poor mind you, but we never really had a surplus of money to eat at nice restaurants. I remember days where I'd be starving because there was no money for food and saving what was left for my little brother.

I'm forever grateful for the the fact that I'm able to appreciate luxury more then those who are born with it. To me it's like living a dream, but for them its just life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.