• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Personal mantras and cold showers

Discussion in 'Mindset, Motivation, Choices' started by UncommonWay, May 18, 2017 at 3:45 PM.

1. UncommonWay

UncommonWay Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $324
    One of the things I've been doing for the past month or two that I think has helped strengthen my "resolve" mental muscle is the following ritual that I do each morning:

1. Hop in a warm shower, shave and lather up
    2. Turn the water all the way to cold while continuing to stand in the water spray
    3. Rinse off and slowly turn around in the shower, getting nice and cold, while reciting the words to both Rudyard Kipling's "If" and William Ernest Henley's "Invictus"
    If you're not familiar with the words to those two poems, they mesh perfectly with the mindset that is required to become a Fastlaner. I won't post them here because you can Google them, but I have those two poems memorized and they have become my personal mantras in everyday life. I seriously recite them from memory...a lot.

When I'm faced with a situation that requires "no quitting effort", the line about "If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run" comes to mind. And when I feel doubt, I remember the line about "If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting, too."

Bottom line: little tests of willpower, repeated often, strengthen your willpower muscle. And personal mantras are like programming the code of success into your brain. I highly recommend both.

JustJoshing and LuckyPup like this.
  2. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Digital Wantrepreneur Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $363
    Great poems, and I've meant to memorize both. Haven't yet, but will. My poem of choice is "Don't Quit," by John Greenleaf Whittier. I'm sure many on here will scoff at this stuff, but it's gotten me through some low points in life.

Don't Quit
    by
    John Greenleaf Whittier

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
    Life is strange with its twists and turns
    As every one of us sometimes learns
    And many a failure comes about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow—
    You may succeed with another blow.
    Success is failure turned inside out—
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell just how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit—
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

3. mike24601

mike24601 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $281
    I used to have a typewritten copy of Rudyard Kipling's 'If' on my pegboard which I would look at daily. Good stuff. For a time I also did the cold showers thing and went a step further by sleeping on a very hard traditional Japanese futon, on the floor. Try working yourself up to several minutes of meditative cold water therapy. The key is to relax and stop hyperventilating. Eventually you can stay in there a long, long, time and burn off body fat in the process. I found that my mood went through the roof and I had more energy and focus when I shocked my body with cold water.