- Joined
- Aug 9, 2007
- Messages
- 682
Rep Bank
$865
$865
User Power: 17%
I'm putting together a plan to acquire a 20+ unit apartment building in the next 365 days. Something came up last night that I'd love to hear opinions on.
How much does the borrower's personal financial statement affect the ability to obtain financing?
I ask because I'll be receiving a bonus (between $10-20k) in the next couple of months and need to figure out if its better to use it to pay down some of my $55k in debt, OR should I hang onto it and have it available for deal equity?
:thankyousign:
EDIT: I don't think I was as clear in my question as I intended to be. What I meant was what is more important for a borrower to have from a lenders eyes, a balance sheet with low consumer debt OR availability of funds for a downpayment? Obviously, BOTH are needed. I'm asking which would you pick if you could only have one? Thx.
How much does the borrower's personal financial statement affect the ability to obtain financing?
I ask because I'll be receiving a bonus (between $10-20k) in the next couple of months and need to figure out if its better to use it to pay down some of my $55k in debt, OR should I hang onto it and have it available for deal equity?
:thankyousign:
EDIT: I don't think I was as clear in my question as I intended to be. What I meant was what is more important for a borrower to have from a lenders eyes, a balance sheet with low consumer debt OR availability of funds for a downpayment? Obviously, BOTH are needed. I'm asking which would you pick if you could only have one? Thx.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
