I called my Dermatologist office to cancel an appointment for tomorrow...no $.
Louise, the lady on the phone, started asking questions..."Do you have a 'collectible' ?"
Me: yep, I was a 'no show' and was charged $25.
I'm working for myself so cash is up, down, negative, positive.
L- Oh I see. Did you miss an appointment and not cancel ?
Me: yep.
L- Is this something you do often, or is it a first time ?
Me: Oh no...My first time.
L-Did you just ask me if I could do something about this fee ?
Me: 🙄 .. oh, yes I did.
L- Did I hear you ask me if I could do a one time courtesy cancellation of this $25 fee ?
Me: Yes. I'm so glad you understand.

In other good news:
My neighbor has an absolutely beautiful, smart, respectful, funny, 8 yr old Daughter. She was riding her bike and I said to her, "Your bike looks very small for you. Is it ?" She said "Yea, my Mom was going to get me one for my Birthday, but...."
Later that day I brought over my Daughter's 'old' bike for her to have. My Daughter out grew hers and it's the perfect size for an 8 yr old.
She's been out riding every day since. 😀
Louise, the lady on the phone, started asking questions..."Do you have a 'collectible' ?"
Me: yep, I was a 'no show' and was charged $25.
I'm working for myself so cash is up, down, negative, positive.
L- Oh I see. Did you miss an appointment and not cancel ?
Me: yep.
L- Is this something you do often, or is it a first time ?
Me: Oh no...My first time.
L-Did you just ask me if I could do something about this fee ?
Me: 🙄 .. oh, yes I did.
L- Did I hear you ask me if I could do a one time courtesy cancellation of this $25 fee ?
Me: Yes. I'm so glad you understand.
In other good news:
My neighbor has an absolutely beautiful, smart, respectful, funny, 8 yr old Daughter. She was riding her bike and I said to her, "Your bike looks very small for you. Is it ?" She said "Yea, my Mom was going to get me one for my Birthday, but...."
Later that day I brought over my Daughter's 'old' bike for her to have. My Daughter out grew hers and it's the perfect size for an 8 yr old.
She's been out riding every day since. 😀
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
