The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paypal payment holds

Marketing, social media, advertising

BlahBlahBlah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
Hi,

Paypal is applying a "hold" to every transaction over 100€ coming through my e-commerce store (I use WooCommerce via Wordpress), usually payments are released after 24 hours on average. This is very annoying as I cannot ship those orders on the same day as I receive them. So far I probably got 20 transactions over 100€ in the past month and none had a problem, I am starting to think going forward to just ship the order out even if the payment is pending on Paypal. I asked Paypal several time to do something about it, but they never reply. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi,

Paypal is applying a "hold" to every transaction over 100€ coming through my e-commerce store (I use WooCommerce via Wordpress), usually payments are released after 24 hours on average. This is very annoying as I cannot ship those orders on the same day as I receive them. So far I probably got 20 transactions over 100€ in the past month and none had a problem, I am starting to think going forward to just ship the order out even if the payment is pending on Paypal. I asked Paypal several time to do something about it, but they never reply. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you!

I would not ship until funds clear.

BlahBlahBlah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
I would not ship until funds clear.

Thanks, I have done that so far but the problem is that I don't want this to impact my service, especially if because of their delays I risk of having to ship two days later. Looking at the worst case scenario (i loose let's say 100€ for the sale, which effectively cost me 20-25€ as luckily I have a good margin on the products) the impact wouldn't be too bad and the risk of it happening seem very little (based on the sample size I have.
Is it standard for Paypal to apply a hold on all transactions over 100€? Does anybody have the same problem?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.