- Joined
- Sep 20, 2010
- Messages
- 74
Rep Bank
$205
$205
User Power: 5%
Hello everyone,
I currently have some debt with one credit company and have been paying off on a monthly basis. However, I'd like to try to speed up the process or reduce the interest rate.
When I looked into the possibility of transferring the balance from one credit company to another, this is what I was told:
"Your interest rate will be determined upon approval, which is based on the information provided on your application as well as your credit history."
They got me thinking "How would I know in advance that the rate that will be agreed upon will be lower than the one I have with the current credit company?".
I also looked into the possibility of borrowing from a lending company. However, my application was not accepted cause the debt / income ratio wasn't lower than a certain %. Although when I did the math, I did not think I was that far off the mark. And did ask them if there was a way I could get info on how much debt would I have to pay in order to make the debt / income ratio go lower than a certain %? They said it was based on an automated system.
Anyone, have any advice on what I could do with the current dilemma?
My current credit company charges 15.24 % interest rate.
I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
I currently have some debt with one credit company and have been paying off on a monthly basis. However, I'd like to try to speed up the process or reduce the interest rate.
When I looked into the possibility of transferring the balance from one credit company to another, this is what I was told:
"Your interest rate will be determined upon approval, which is based on the information provided on your application as well as your credit history."
They got me thinking "How would I know in advance that the rate that will be agreed upon will be lower than the one I have with the current credit company?".
I also looked into the possibility of borrowing from a lending company. However, my application was not accepted cause the debt / income ratio wasn't lower than a certain %. Although when I did the math, I did not think I was that far off the mark. And did ask them if there was a way I could get info on how much debt would I have to pay in order to make the debt / income ratio go lower than a certain %? They said it was based on an automated system.
Anyone, have any advice on what I could do with the current dilemma?
My current credit company charges 15.24 % interest rate.
I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
