My wife and I are in the midst of getting our living room painted and we received some in-house bids, but I wanted to get some more.
I went on BBB (Business bureau) and found you can request quotes from there. I realized you can get into contact with the owners much faster there.
After getting some quotes, I realized this would be a good opportunity to practice some idea extraction, after all, the painting industry hasn't been innovated in decades.
I talked with one owner in particular and asking him about the industry his problems and such. After talking for a while he finally said, " You know, my last client I charged $325 an hour to consult for, I think this is enough consulting without getting paid, you think.."
I was a bit taken about and apologized and assured him I was trying to find ways to help him in a crowded industry such as the painting industry, but he said he needed to do some other things now.
Have you guys ran into this during idea extraction? I asked him straight up what frustrations he had and his ideas about the market in general. Then he told me a big one and I tried to dig more on it and that's when he pulled up.
I went on BBB (Business bureau) and found you can request quotes from there. I realized you can get into contact with the owners much faster there.
After getting some quotes, I realized this would be a good opportunity to practice some idea extraction, after all, the painting industry hasn't been innovated in decades.
I talked with one owner in particular and asking him about the industry his problems and such. After talking for a while he finally said, " You know, my last client I charged $325 an hour to consult for, I think this is enough consulting without getting paid, you think.."
I was a bit taken about and apologized and assured him I was trying to find ways to help him in a crowded industry such as the painting industry, but he said he needed to do some other things now.
Have you guys ran into this during idea extraction? I asked him straight up what frustrations he had and his ideas about the market in general. Then he told me a big one and I tried to dig more on it and that's when he pulled up.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
