The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

In the Slowlane but thought I was in the Fastlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

lwg8tr0514

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Sep 2, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow to be Neo and taken the red pill...mind blown. I was a lifelong Sidewalker who got his act together and became a Slowlaner when a divorce and a gigantic Alimony and Child support "agreement" had the law forcing me to be a Slowlaner or risk..well you know what. Did that for 5 years and then 2 years ago I had enough, enough of being paid less than what I was worth and eating feces on a daily basis by other Slowlaners who jockey for scraps at the kings table by gossip, blaming, and scheming. I decided with 60 days expenses in the bank to quit and start my own LLC and be a contractor. That led to my amazement a NET increase in my income by 300%. I was able to save 10k a month, afford to fly business class and not think about whether I needed to save for a new flat screen or a new pair of running shoes. I was also amazed that my moribund credit score of 590 skyrocketed when I took charge of paying all my bills on time and using the system to get things off my credit nobody had the will to keep on there. I am now sitting at 720, amazing that making your pie bigger makes being responsible easy. I have a pocket full of credit cards but all of them have $0 balances. I have 150k in savings now and another 50k in my checking account.

Ok so now the weird part. Why was I a sidewalker my whole life? I really wanted to find out and was determined to find out. This led me to Costa Rica and 8 days and 5 ceremonies with Ayahausca. Not for everyone(was very, very hard) but for me it gave me clarity on who I really was. Why my inner wounded child was driving the ship for the grown-up. Why I felt alone and isolated and why even with 200k in the bank and growing business I felt empty inside. I got the revelations I needed and with a plan to heal and nurture the somatic I got aligned right. I do lots of things in Fastlane right now. I learn new skills all the time, read non-fiction voraciously and have an appetite to become the BEST at what I do(I consult on CRM computer systems).

Ok so now to today and why I am here. I read countless books and was blown away by Fastlane. I mean it spoke to me on so many levels. About how "Do what you love" is crappola and that process over the end result is what you should do on a daily basis. Not really into Dave Ramsey(slowlaner advocate) but some of his ideas work for me. Never buying depreciating assets at retail(I make my 300k a year on a 2016ish laptop I bought used on Craigslist) and I only spend on things I save for. Unlike 90% of people... putting vacays on credit cards intend but never payoff at end of month. I have stayed 2 weeks at a house I rented in the South of France. Fly fished Montana and paid for my Son's college education ALL CASH. Doing things daily you DON'T WANT TO DO is what separates life's winners from unhappy people(I don't like the term loser). Right now I really feel I need to have my money work for me and not just be in the Slowlaner mode. Handing over that 10k a month to my Fidelity SEP IRA. I want to leverage it, make it pant, and work hard for me. I really love my consulting job, it's is exactly what I like doing on a daily basis but at 54 I am ready to leverage and empire build. I also OWN my home free and clear.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...