The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Overemployment in IT - good idea or not ?

Anything related to matters of the mind

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
I was working as IT dev for two customers for one year. I’ve earnt a lot of money, I spent 7-9 hours per day in work, but it was tiring for me and I did not have time and power to think about my businesses (for example SaaSes) to create passive income.

Now I work for one customer and have time for my things but I know that I can come back to overemployment with other better paid customers and collect some big amount of money. But .. is it still fastlane?

What do you recommend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mattoniy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Apr 9, 2023
I was working as IT dev for two customers for one year. I’ve earnt a lot of money, I spent 7-9 hours per day in work, but it was tiring for me and I do not have time and power to think about my businesses (for example SaaSes) to create passive income.

Now I work for one customer and have time for my things but I know that I can come back to overemployment with other better paid customers and collect some big amount of money. But .. is it still fastlane?

What do you recommend?
I can only reference my own experience. I worked a busy corporate job until a month ago, I earned very good money but i was still trading my time for money. It was stressful too.

I built my business whilst working that full-time job, it is possible. It means little sleep and no weekends but it can be done if you love what you're doing it. A month ago I left corporate and my passive income generates money whilst I sleep, eat and well now. I wont ever go back to corporate life and it was the best decision i've ever made, I am now in charge of my own revenue I put in more work to build revenue streams and I go do more with that money.

So yes I say go for it, life is short but don't leave your day job until you have a substantial business that has proven it's capability to earn revenue and has the scale and potential to grow.

Matt

Mattoniy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Apr 9, 2023
Great advice @Mattoniy what is your business?
I create e-commerce brands and then market them using SEO and various commerce platforms. I use 3tp providers to fulfil orders so I personally never touch the merch (other than to inspect). We are in an unprecedented shift from high street to online shopping which has been expedited by the pandemic.

I own two pet brands and one that sells kitchen equipment. I’m now starting a new income stream selling courses which teach others how to do the same but I won’t get into that here because it’s against the rules.

Matt

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.