- Joined
- May 20, 2013
- Messages
- 24
Rep Bank
$145
$145
User Power: 63%
I appreciate in "the book" there was a whole chapter dedicated to escaping headwinds (particularly of people who are holding you back). And how anyone that is holding you/your business back needs to be removed from the picture...
My business partner and I agree on most things and have complementing skill sets and also generally quite clear areas of responsibilities. However in some important areas where its slightly grey we have a tendency to disagree - to give some context my partner is the "Face" and "Voice" of the company, however I actually generally construct the message and marketing used with our clients (for which my partner communicates).
Recently due to some excellent advice from thecalmpickle I have been re-looking at our autoresponders to improve repeat customers. The advice given and tone of the messaging was more "direct" than partner was used to and objected that communicating in "that way" is not their personality and makes them feel uncomfortable. I know that once the autoresponders were implemented and we started to see an improvement there would be that "ah-ha" moment and then would forget why they objected in the first place... but in the meantime I'm trying to balance pushing the company forward and keep them happy..
Now I appreciate that in many cases if you argue the business cases then this should be the obvious decision, however when feeling uncomfortable they do not always act objectively..
Has anyone been in this situation and if so suggestions on how to overcome such hurdles?
My business partner and I agree on most things and have complementing skill sets and also generally quite clear areas of responsibilities. However in some important areas where its slightly grey we have a tendency to disagree - to give some context my partner is the "Face" and "Voice" of the company, however I actually generally construct the message and marketing used with our clients (for which my partner communicates).
Recently due to some excellent advice from thecalmpickle I have been re-looking at our autoresponders to improve repeat customers. The advice given and tone of the messaging was more "direct" than partner was used to and objected that communicating in "that way" is not their personality and makes them feel uncomfortable. I know that once the autoresponders were implemented and we started to see an improvement there would be that "ah-ha" moment and then would forget why they objected in the first place... but in the meantime I'm trying to balance pushing the company forward and keep them happy..
Now I appreciate that in many cases if you argue the business cases then this should be the obvious decision, however when feeling uncomfortable they do not always act objectively..
Has anyone been in this situation and if so suggestions on how to overcome such hurdles?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
