What's new

Overachieving or seeking healthy growth

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

missinfinity98

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 25, 2021
Messages
112
Rep Bank
$580
User Power: 112%
As I am currently in a moment of deep personal growth I wonder - am I an "overachiever" or is it a natural human need to seek growth. I decided to share my thoughts here.
I challenge status-quo by default, so of course, I question some paths I intended to take. "Overachieving", as well as "underachieving", sounds negative and, is used in this context in our culture. So, where is the balance? And would we have all the great human achievements and beautiful things that push humanity forward, if not "overachievers"? Let's take Tesla for example. Here is a cut of an interview with him:

"Tesla: Yes, these are some of my most important discoveries. I’m a defeated man. I have not accomplished the greatest thing I could.

Journalist: What is it, Mr. Tesla?

Tesla: I wanted to illuminate the whole earth. There is enough electricity to become a second sun. Light would appear around the equator, as a ring around Saturn.

Mankind is not ready for the great and good. In Colorado Springs I soaked the earth by electricity. Also we can water the other energies, such as positive mental energy. They are in the music of Bach or Mozart, or in the verses of great poets. In the Earth’s interior, there are energy of Joy, Peace and Love. Their expressions are a flower that grows from the Earth, the food we get out of her and everything that makes man’s homeland. I’ve spent years looking for the way that this energy could influence people. The beauty and the scent of roses can be used as a medicine and the sun rays as a food.

Life has an infinite number of forms, and the duty of scientists is to find them in every form of matter. Three things are essential in this. All that I do is a search for them. I know I will not find them, but I will not give up on them."

Current pop-entrepreneur - Elon Musk - shared publicly his upbringing was far from perfect, which cause his desire to achieve. (from psychology and logical standpoint if a human didn't get enough attention as a child seeks it later as a celebrity for example).


What is interesting human race strives and resonates with "positivity". Even if the cause might have a dark, negative source, the effect doesn't have to be. Here comes in play intention. What Tesla said quoted above is still in progress. It fills me with hope in moments of doubt. Also, remembering that without negativity there is no positivity. So how did the Tesla guy ^^ imagine earth being illuminated? The negative energy would be outsourced outside into space?

Coming back to earth 😀 why does overachieving have a bad rap? Or perhaps it is not the achieving itself, but unhealthy human behaviors, like taking health for granted or exploiting others?

My last thought here is that I always thought labeling myself was too limiting, so I will here too choose the freedom of not labeling myself in any way - "overachiever" or "underachiever". I simply am.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom