The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Outbound Sales Team Remuneration Structure

Marketing, social media, advertising

sniper420

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 26, 2013
I run a business selling products and for past two years we did not do any outbound sales most of theleads we get in through inbound leads via website. I realized I needed to scale things up so I need somebody full time to do outbounds sales. My problem is how do I structure remuneration.

-I want to pay the sales team - basic salary + commision.
-I want to pay commision to the sales team ONLY on the NEW leads.
-I use one email where all the leads come and I want them to enter the incoming leads in CRM and contact them but not to cheat and tell me they generated those leads.
- How do I keep them motivated and maintain honesty in generating new leads and at the sametime maintain and followup with the inbound leads I get on emails?

Any practical tips from people managing sales teams would be highly appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
It sounds like you need to clarify Lead Generation vs Closing Sales values more clearly in your own mind. And then adjust. Don't dump two different parts of the sales funnel into one compensation piece.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Have the technology help you. Leverage tools that monitor and have transparency into the system along with regular updates to you on each person's performance.

Track your website leads - Have it configured with the CRM and marketing automation tool. In this way, duplicate leads are checked by the automation tool based on the unique email address entered by prospects while filling up the form, a backup is created in the database and then logged into the CRM as a contact and account.

If more unqiue emails are generated for the same company, CRM automatically does create new contacts for the same account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.