The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ouchie!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Lesson to self.

when your dog is as big as you are dont try to stop him...

I was attempting put our huge dog outside today. got him on the leash, tried to close the door behind me. dog pulls. pulls arm. proceeds to pull me side first into our dresser.

I now have 2 huge brusies on my rib cage on my left side. owwwwieee... it hurts. I am assuming I didnt do any real damage to myself. it doesnt hurt to breathe or anything its just real sore.

soo does anyone want a slightly used large dog. lol. he is really very sweet. just apparently way to big for me to handle lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
If he's big and horny enough to dry-hump the living crap out of my deadbeat tenant, I'll take him!

Court petition gets served tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

I don't know about Carrie's dog, Bob, but I might be up for the task. Is your tenant attractive?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
Hes definatley big enough lol. he isnt fixed but Ive never seen him hump anything so Idk...

Hes huge seriously. Ive had several people tell me hes the biggest dog they've ever seen. I guess they havent ever seen a great dane cause those are bigger then hershey lol.

Hes a blood hound/sheppard mix. hes about 110lbs and his head is up to my husbands hip. my dh is 6ft 1. He just yanks me all over the place whenever I try to get him in or out. and he jumps on anyone taller then he is. so I have pleanty of scratches lol, he has never tried to jump on the kids. Hes actually a very good dog. he listens to my dh but not really to me all the time.

I really cant keep him. I refuse to send him to the pound. We've had him since he was a baby. hes just so big now and my back is bad. I cant have him hurting me. Today is the first incident where Ive gotten hurt. I wish I could find him a good home with a big yard!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
LMAO!!! Great thread after finishing 1.5hrs of homework.

Carrie, I would love to take him off your hands, but one dog is enough for my household right now. Plus my Golden is getting old and grumpy, she doesn't take too well to other dogs around her stuff. Do you have any pics of him? Hounds usually do make great dogs for kids, they are just too big for their own good. They don't know any better most the time.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
heres his butt and a spider lol.

spiderewwwwwwww.jpg

and here he is its a little far away tho.

thanksgiving320.jpg

sorry but these are the only ones I have on the pc.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Get the book "Cesar's Way"

You need to be the pack leader!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
thanks jscott for the tips. he is actually a really good dog and very smart. he definatley doesnt see me as an alpha, I will get that book you suggested also bio.

If he would listen to me and not pull me around there would be no issue at all. I am going to give it a try!

and yes always that spider was HUGE! I opened the door to feed and water the dog and that thing scared the shit out of me. I screamed(total non screamer too lol) and dropped the dog water all over the floor lol. lenny(dh) came running out to the kitchen cause he thought I hurt myself lmao...

he was almost in the house too! just another few inches and he would have been on the inside of the screen. creepy!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
If he's big and horny enough to dry-hump the living crap out of my deadbeat tenant, I'll take him!

Court petition gets served tomorrow, if all goes as planned.

That would be an interesting petition to see. Plaintiff is suing the defendant to allow plaintiff's friend's dog to dry-hump the defendant:smilielol:. I wonder what the judge will find.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If he would listen to me and not pull me around there would be no issue at all.

Exactly. He is trying to lead you. He probably thinks he knows where he's going.

I have found that my dog acts very differently if I let him out the door first on a walk. I try to lead first but sometimes I'm on the cell phone and not paying attention and I just open the door. This leads to a very messed up walk compared to the calm submissive ones.

Next time he pulls you, just turn around and walk the other way. As soon as he pulls in that direction, turn around again. Repeat until he stops pulling. Yes, you can go in circles for an hour but it works.

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
If he would listen to me and not pull me around there would be no issue at all. I am going to give it a try!

Carrie, a couple of tips that will hopefully help you out.

1. Get a no-pull harness for your dog. http://www.petexpertise.com/item--Easy-Walk-No-Pull-Harness--easy_walk_harness.html

2. When your dog pulls, STOP. Do not let your dog pull you anywhere. This might be tough since he's so large (I've got a couple of Newfoundlands, so I can relate to walking large dogs), but the no-pull harness will help. Once your dog stops pulling, you can resume your walk. As soon as he pulls again, STOP. He'll get the hang of things, but you must be consistent. Dog training is all about consistency.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.