The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Organising a meetup for young entrepreneurs

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
The backstory: I wanted to meet new people in a position i want to be in several years or decades so I decided to contact probably the most prestigious business club in the city and offered them my services for free. I just wanted to be in their presence, get some experience and contacts. I could potentially be useful, somehow. So i sent an email to the president of the club and we met, I felt like in a movie, like in one of those british golf clubs, i was completely astonished. Guy like Alfred from Batman laying up a huge wooden table, leather chairs everywhere. Long story short he wants me to organize a meeting and create something like junior version of their business club.

Current plan: find and contact as many young entrepreneurs as i can, ask them if they are interested and what would they expect from such a meeting then process the data and create a programme, a topic and invite a special guest.

I've always been good at organising events but I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing anyway, you know that feeling of stepping outside your comfort zone don't you?

Do you have any ideas or tips?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
No ones going to do the work for you.

You should "find and contact as many young entrepreneurs as i can, ask them if they are interested and what would they expect from such a meeting"

then... "process the data and create a programme, a topic and invite a special guest"

No one knows what they're doing till they do it.

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
No ones going to do the work for you.

You should "find and contact as many young entrepreneurs as i can, ask them if they are interested and what would they expect from such a meeting"

then... "process the data and create a programme, a topic and invite a special guest"

No one knows what they're doing till they do it.

I was just looking for tips that could be useful in the process, asking if anyone has any experience with such meetings.

D

Deleted5250X

My brother organized on in his town. Basically he got a group of people in their twenties who had a business idea, then he got a local guy he knew come and talk with us for a couple hours and we could ask him questions.

He provided lunch and dinner.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nickhuman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 27, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The backstory: I wanted to meet new people in a position i want to be in several years or decades so I decided to contact probably the most prestigious business club in the city and offered them my services for free. I just wanted to be in their presence, get some experience and contacts. I could potentially be useful, somehow. So i sent an email to the president of the club and we met, I felt like in a movie, like in one of those british golf clubs, i was completely astonished. Guy like Alfred from Batman laying up a huge wooden table, leather chairs everywhere. Long story short he wants me to organize a meeting and create something like junior version of their business club.

Current plan: find and contact as many young entrepreneurs as i can, ask them if they are interested and what would they expect from such a meeting then process the data and create a programme, a topic and invite a special guest.

I've always been good at organising events but I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing anyway, you know that feeling of stepping outside your comfort zone don't you?

Do you have any ideas or tips?

How did this go? If you need any attendees, I'm down.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.