The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Opportunity) Free Professional UX/UI Work for your project

Seth G.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 30, 2018
Tri-State Area
Hey, fastlaners --

tl;dr: Professional UX/UI designers to work on your project for up to 6-months, no cost, but some caveats (see thread)

One of my contacts is the founder of a high-end UX/UI Bootcamp (www.kickassux.com).
They turn out professional UX/UI designers over the course of an expensive 6-month Bootcamp.

For this cohort, Colton (one of the founders) is looking to pair their UX/UI students with real companies/projects/startups and asked me to reach out to some of my entrepreneurship networks.
Naturally, Fastlane came to mind.

It's no cost to you but does have some caveats. It's also a small class size, so space is limited (probably fewer than 20 companies).

tl;dr: No b.s.

Who this is for:

• Have an existing web app (or mobile app) product/design that is in the market or that you're prepared to take to market and keep going for 6+ months
    • This should be a digital product with a user experience (web app, mobile app, etc... keyword APP)
      (a simple marketing funnel or widget selling site isn't really the target... if this is you and you think you count, add your name to the list, and their team can decide)
  • Have the resources to implement changes the designers submit (if you like the updates, of course)
  • Be open to working with 1-3 UX/UI designers over the course of 6-months
    • Expect between 2-20 hours of design work/week (they are students and often have full-time jobs or businesses of their own)
    • Expect real meetings, real feedback (let's be honest, some of your designs probably suck), and real interactions
  • Allow the UX/UI professionals to show "before and after" work as part of their portfolio (no NDAs or weird secretive projects)
Who this IS NOT for:
  • Lurkers with no business, no app, no real product, no resources to rectify the former issues this month
  • Paranoid NDA-ridden types who aren't comfortable with a student showcasing work publicly.
What you get:
  • Free professional UX/UI work over the course of 6-months starting this month.
  • Feedback & designs from the whole cohort and professional UX/UI instructors who have taken companies through IPOs
  • Opportunity to greatly enhance your offering, build a new product from scratch or overhaul what you currently have.
What you give:
  • Timeliness: Timely feedback and regular meetings with your UX/UI resource(s) to move the project forward
  • Professionalism: They will be treating you as though you were a paying client; you should treat them professionally as well
  • Capability: You take their work seriously, you make updates to your product(s), you offer feedback, this is for professionals
  • Openness: Students can use your before and after as part of their professional portfolio

Anyway, I'm doing it for one of my startups (a web and mobile app).
I'm reaching out to several networks of mine, including this one.

If it interests you or might interest someone you know, use this form so I can keep track of you all.

Their space is limited (I think he's taking 20 startup partners for this cohort).

I'll try to offer replies in this thread, but I have my own company to run, so I don't spend a ton of time on here these days and maybe a couple of days to respond.

I hope you're all doing well otherwise!

Cheers,

_seth

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.