The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Stress & Fear Coaching Business: Building an Audience?

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
Hey guys,

just joined this awesome community and wanted to give a quick introduction.

Personal background:
I'm Christophe, turned 25 years old and graduated Bio-Engineering at University in Belgium.
Went traveling in South-East Asia for 3 months prior to looking for a job.
Have found an exciting job in the most sustainable fish farm in the world. (great hours 9-5)

Goals for the future:

-Next to that job, I want to build up my brand (BEmindfool), as I'm at the moment on Instagram/Youtube and Facebook. Linkedin will probably follow. The plan is to make awesome and creative content that offers advice on how to deal with Stress and Fear.

-Building an audience and increasing my reach will ultimately have the reason to offer coaching (Skype) sessions and in the future ebooks and other products can be sold.
Maybe the inclusion of Wim Hof Method and other microchallenges could make the content more attractive, but still struggling as to which format

-The problem is though that this audience expansion is pretty difficult. I've had a written blog since 2015 and started making videos on Youtube from beginning of 2017 and it feels like this subject is not getting a lot of traction.

Any tips and ideas are welcome from fellow coaches to everyone else!
Thanks,
Christophe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DigitalMastery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 27, 2019
Congrats for graduating!

Do you mind to share the blog with us, so it is easier to give helpful and more specific tips?

A couple of questions that pop into my mind is; Do you promote your content through different social media channels before posting, is your content better than your competitions, and do you know what keywords your audience is using (when finding help), and do you know where they spend their time on social media?

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
Congrats for graduating!

Do you mind to share the blog with us, so it is easier to give helpful and more specific tips?

A couple of questions that pop into my mind is; Do you promote your content through different social media channels before posting, is your content better than your competitions, and do you know what keywords your audience is using (when finding help), and do you know where they spend their time on social media?

Hello DigitalMastery! Thanks for the quick reply. My Youtube and Instagram is both bemindfool. The blog/site itself (including coaching landing page) is bemindfool.com .

Whenever there is a new video or post I cross-promote it through Instagram and Facebook, for keywords I haven't REALLY put a lot of work in yet. I believe most people are on Instagram for quick scrolling and Youtube the most for longer content. (Facebook is dead I have the feeling)

Cheers

DigitalMastery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 27, 2019
Hello DigitalMastery! Thanks for the quick reply. My Youtube and Instagram is both bemindfool. The blog/site itself (including coaching landing page) is bemindfool.com .

Whenever there is a new video or post I cross-promote it through Instagram and Facebook, for keywords I haven't REALLY put a lot of work in yet. I believe most people are on Instagram for quick scrolling and Youtube the most for longer content. (Facebook is dead I have the feeling)

Cheers
Alright, the website looks good and videos seem pretty good too!

Consistency is key when it comes to content, as I see you've posted a video on YouTube 3 weeks ago, it's good to choose specific days and time of the day when you post out new content and be consistent, then your audience knows to expect something coming out on those days.

I really recommend taking a free content marketing course on Hubspot and learn something about keywords and how they work because stress and fears are a pretty broad topic, and you want to get your message to an audience who is looking exactly that solution you are giving.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
(Facebook is dead I have the feeling)
This isn't dead. There are tons of groups with the masculine & feminine asking all kinds of this type of advice and if you want to do this, you really have to engage a lot with you a social group on a page. Similar to the forum. You can charge money for it or not. Face book is improving these options for business.

Who is your audience?

I'm not sure why you think it is dead when I speak with people every day.

Dave Ramsey for example: Wouldn't use face book if he didn't have a big group following him and selling a product.

-The problem is though that this audience expansion is pretty difficult. I've had a written blog since 2015 and started making videos on Youtube from beginning of 2017 and it feels like this subject is not getting a lot of traction.

Key words play a huge role. And you have to see what is the hottest key word or umbrella term for your select audience.

This is why life coaching is kind of tragic. There's a lot of competition out there. You have different age groups, different levels of maturation, obstacles, and what state of growth, evolution, and development.

Usually there are branches and branches off Spiritual ~ Social ` Psychology `Entrepreneur `Sports `Children` Parenting` Teens ` College ` Elderly `Business `Creative`Music
The list goes on and on with different niches and how you present it to the public. And it is finding out where you fit in and even under the words I listed there is other Key Words they use to pull in the crowd for a specific niche.

Hash tags #BeMindFool with all your posts in social media. So they can find you fast wherever you're at online. #believe #motivation etc.

Video is a huge thing...but ha ha..these people in your generation are all creative and do all kinds of weird stuff to get attention. This may be dressing in costumes, make up, wigs, adding humor, story-telling, and I've watched enough of them where they just take what ever and try to use it and experiment.

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
Alright, the website looks good and videos seem pretty good too!

Consistency is key when it comes to content, as I see you've posted a video on YouTube 3 weeks ago, it's good to choose specific days and time of the day when you post out new content and be consistent, then your audience knows to expect something coming out on those days.

I really recommend taking a free content marketing course on Hubspot and learn something about keywords and how they work because stress and fears are a pretty broad topic, and you want to get your message to an audience who is looking exactly that solution you are giving.

Thanks for the feedback! The biggest thing in online business is getting (enough) customers to your actual landing page and make them buy your product. I will do the content marketing course right now. Thanks a bunch. Will update if anything crazy happens ;)

I have indeed some more specific video ideas, going really niche.

Have a great day.

DigitalMastery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the feedback! The biggest thing in online business is getting (enough) customers to your actual landing page and make them buy your product. I will do the content marketing course right now. Thanks a bunch. Will update if anything crazy happens ;)

I have indeed some more specific video ideas, going really niche.

Have a great day.
That's why it's crucial to know marketing and especially sales!

Learn to attract (blog, keywords, social posts) -> Convert (forms, CTA, landing pages) -> Leads (CRM, email, workflows) -> Customers (surveys, smart content, social monitoring) -> and then your satisfied customers become your promoters ;)

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
This isn't dead. There are tons of groups with the masculine & feminine asking all kinds of this type of advice and if you want to do this, you really have to engage a lot with you a social group on a page. Similar to the forum. You can charge money for it or not. Face book is improving these options for business.

Who is your audience?

I'm not sure why you think it is dead when I speak with people every day.

Dave Ramsey for example: Wouldn't use face book if he didn't have a big group following him and selling a product.

Key words play a huge role. And you have to see what is the hottest key word or umbrella term for your select audience.

This is why life coaching is kind of tragic. There's a lot of competition out there. You have different age groups, different levels of maturation, obstacles, and what state of growth, evolution, and development.

Usually there are branches and branches off Spiritual ~ Social ` Psychology `Entrepreneur `Sports `Children` Parenting` Teens ` College ` Elderly `Business `Creative`Music
The list goes on and on with different niches and how you present it to the public. And it is finding out where you fit in and even under the words I listed there is other Key Words they use to pull in the crowd for a specific niche.

Hash tags #BeMindFool with all your posts in social media. So they can find you fast wherever you're at online. #believe #motivation etc.

Video is a huge thing...but ha ha..these people in your generation are all creative and do all kinds of weird stuff to get attention. This may be dressing in costumes, make up, wigs, adding humor, story-telling, and I've watched enough of them where they just take what ever and try to use it and experiment.

Yes, you are right. I have a page on Facebook and I post on there, but because it's still a taboo subject people will MOSTLY like a new post but boy is it difficult to start a conversation. I think a facebook group (closed & private) is a better idea and gives more of a community/trusted feeling. Will check into this.

I agree totally on the fact that life coaching says close to nothing anymore. It's too broad and there is too many people offering the same empty words. But the problem I maybe have is that I'm scared to niche it down A LOT (although I know it's probably beneficial). I think I'll loose a too big part of audience (and possible customers) like that. But it has to be done eventually.

Video is huge and still looking for a way to differentiatie myself, instead of just talking dry into the camera. It's necessary to do something different otherwise you're just a dime in a dozen.

Thanks for the valuable feedback! Highly appreciate it

DigitalMastery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Apr 27, 2019
Don't try to be a jack of all trades. Master some specific area of your interest, and then people will take you seriously which leads to trust and then you'll start to gain your "inner circle."

I want to give one more advice on what comes to writing. Use white space, if you write huge blocks of words it takes more time to figure out what you're trying to say than to actually read the whole post! :D

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I have a page on Facebook and I post on there, but because it's still a taboo subject people will MOSTLY like a new post but boy is it difficult to start a conversation. I think a facebook group (closed & private) is a better idea and gives more of a community/trusted feeling. Will check into this.

I don't think posting stuff always works. Like you stated, people scroll through the feed. Unless it really captures there attention they pass right by it. You can use Canva to brighten it up. I believe they like little clips of you talking as well, or animation. May just being creative with a Camera in Photographs, Graphic Arts, making it stand out from the rest. Possibilities are endless.
The weirder it looks they seem to be drawn to it. Otherwise environmentally friendly. Depends on how you want to do it.

Usually I have to answer people's questions a zillion times and I go looking for them most of the time in social groups. The more I have, the more they ask who are you? Than they go searching for my content. This seems more of what's happening to me lately. Engaging more in the social groups and then they start asking questions the more they see how much wisdom you hold.

Although, I'm in the middle of re-inventing everything because I needed to change the whole thing from where I started in 2014 in here.

Part of that was process of figuring out where I fit in. I believe pretty much I'm just cultural diversity. I'm more about international and can cross cultures, social issues, social problems, social psychology, social reformer, and probably didn't see this in the past as much as in 2019. In the past I was kind of focused and limited vision and didn't see the bigger picture.

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
I don't think posting stuff always works. Like you stated, people scroll through the feed. Unless it really captures there attention they pass right by it. You can use Canva to brighten it up. I believe they like little clips of you talking as well, or animation. May just being creative with a Camera in Photographs, Graphic Arts, making it stand out from the rest. Possibilities are endless.
The weirder it looks they seem to be drawn to it. Otherwise environmentally friendly. Depends on how you want to do it.

Usually I have to answer people's questions a zillion times and I go looking for them most of the time in social groups. The more I have, the more they ask who are you? Than they go searching for my content. This seems more of what's happening to me lately. Engaging more in the social groups and then they start asking questions the more they see how much wisdom you hold.

Although, I'm in the middle of re-inventing everything because I needed to change the whole thing from where I started in 2014 in here.

Part of that was process of figuring out where I fit in. I believe pretty much I'm just cultural diversity. I'm more about international and can cross cultures, social issues, social problems, social psychology, social reformer, and probably didn't see this in the past as much as in 2019. In the past I was kind of focused and limited vision and didn't see the bigger picture.
Will try Canva as well to make it more catchier, and try and test a lot as well. Finishing a content marketing course as we speak right now, already some great great insights!

Correct, I've seen the opening and replying on conversations work as well (Instagram and Youtube) with myself. The 1 dollar 80 strategy like GaryVee says: Leave your 2 cents 90 times a day, sounds logical to me.

Thanks again for your valuable answers, I don't take these lightly :).

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
Nice looking website. How do you plan to monetize?
Hey, thanks! Well, on the landing page there's a couple of buttons (call-to-action) for an appointment for coaching. The first session is free, and from there on we can discuss coaching packages (4 or 8 week plans for example, with their respective prices)

Ritalin

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 28, 2019
Welcome, Chrissn!
Wishing you all the best of luck with bemindfool. You've got the heart and brains for it. Go and get it, son!!

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
Welcome, Chrissn!
Wishing you all the best of luck with bemindfool. You've got the heart and brains for it. Go and get it, son!!
Thanks GG! Good to see you on here as well :)

Last edited:

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
At the beginning of this year I was researching some ventures in the confidence market, self-development and similar stuff. I dabbled with stress, fear and anxiousness too. The main objection I got from the people was that I'm not licensed or something and I cannot solve their problems because of that. Have you encountered something similar? How do you pan on dealing with it?

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
At the beginning of this year I was researching some ventures in the confidence market, self-development and similar stuff. I dabbled with stress, fear and anxiousness too. The main objection I got from the people was that I'm not licensed or something and I cannot solve their problems because of that. Have you encountered something similar? How do you pan on dealing with it?
Great question, I haven't had any experience yet with objections because I haven't started the coaching itself.

I'm only starting to do coaching sessions when I've finished my course in a branch of psychology (dealing with event - thought - emotion link). Now 30% finished.

This + I have over a decade of wrestling with the problems of stress/anxiety & fear myself. IMO this personal experience is my biggest trait and I know what people are going through.

I also know that self-belief and knowing what value you bring to the table is super key to let the audience 'buy in' on your service.

I do, however, understand that prospective clients nowadays are a lot more inclined to buy a product/service if they can see that the coach is 'certified'.

mdivljina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2019
Croatia
Great question, I haven't had any experience yet with objections because I haven't started the coaching itself.

I'm only starting to do coaching sessions when I've finished my course in a branch of psychology (dealing with event - thought - emotion link). Now 30% finished.

This + I have over a decade of wrestling with the problems of stress/anxiety & fear myself. IMO this personal experience is my biggest trait and I know what people are going through.

I also know that self-belief and knowing what value you bring to the table is super key to let the audience 'buy in' on your service.

I do, however, understand that prospective clients nowadays are a lot more inclined to buy a product/service if they can see that the coach is 'certified'.

Take a look at this link. It showed me a lot of insight into the community:

Join the r/SocialAnxiety Discord Server! .

VPchris

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 4, 2019
Take a look at this link. It showed me a lot of insight into the community:

Join the r/SocialAnxiety Discord Server! .
Thanks for sharing this, I checked it out and really see why it can give a lot of feeling with my target audience or niche :) A safe space to ask questions and hear them out.

Can I ask you how you journey has been so far, regarding the coaching service you are thinking of offering? Would find that really interesting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...