The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online Stocks Photo business

Joshy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 26, 2014
This is your second thread asking if an idea of yours is fastlane. I think you should maybe go back and read the book again.

People on this forum wont answer your question about is it needed, thats something YOU need to do. You have an idea? Great, now go out and validate that idea. Make sure the people you intend to sell to actually want your product/service.

AbdulhakimHaliru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria
Thanks for your reply. I don't think there's something wrong with asking two questions though. I've edited my thread now.appreciated.

This is your second thread asking if an idea of yours is fastlane. I think you should maybe go back and read the book again.

People on this forum wont answer your question about is it needed, thats something YOU need to do. You have an idea? Great, now go out and validate that idea. Make sure the people you intend to sell to actually want your product/service.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

AbdulhakimHaliru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria
I dislike your total approach and yet I appreciate your link. Could you have been nicer in your response?
sometimes people raise voices and tones for the little things of life that could have created a better world.

If you just scrolled a bit down before posting this thread, you would've came across this thread:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/is-this-fastlane-uh-no-it-isnt.58554/

Please read it 3 times to ensure your brain has absorbed most of the info. I am positive that you'll find the answer to your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser113

finding-nemo-dory-good-i-can-tell.gif

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I dislike your total approach and yet I appreciate your link. Could you have been nicer in your response?
sometimes people raise voices and tones for the little things of life that could have created a better world.
I don't see what's not nice about my post.

I told you how to find the thread, I even linked you to the thread. I then told you how many times you should read it to fully understand it.

What's not nice about that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
If you have to ask "is this Fastlane" you did not understand the book.

Read it again. (This is not a slight, it's ok to read a good book a few times to let everything soak in)

If you're offended by that response your self-esteem is pitifully low.

Most problems in business indeed do stem from low self-esteem, low self-worth, poor self-image.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
All points well taken in the thread above. However, I would like to point out that every single person here was new to this forum once upon a time.

Maybe having patience with a fellow entrepreneur will help develop patience with our customers?

If one is not willing to give a bit of guidance to someone along the way, well there's no reason to hope that a mega successful entrepreneur will ever take the time to mentor you or be helpful. What goes around comes around.

It's a parade. Help the person further behind you in the business parade. Someday they could be the CEO you're trying to make a deal with.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, I agree with @Mrs. BRKb

I can't even count how many times this happens:

A new member posts a "new member" idea - which is followed by a tirade of comments about reading the book again, don't waste our time, holier-than-thou garbage.

If this is such a waste of time for you..... Don't waste your own time trolling the forum

I think this type of response comes mostly from people that come here to consume.
I can't imagine that someone coming here and participating in creating some value in the forum would have issues with questions like these. It is a conversation.

Joining this forum was one of the single biggest things that has shaped my path as an entrepreneur.

It may amaze you to hear this, but I have asked a lot of stupid beginner questions myself. That is half of how I learn.

@AbdulhakimHaliru , the idea isn't bad - just realize that it is only the shell. It could or could not be fastlane depending on how it is executed.

Focus on answering HOW it can be fastlane, and you will find a way.

Keep posting questions - Giving up is one of the few things that is absolutely not fastlane ;)

AbdulhakimHaliru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria
If you don't see what's wrong with your approach, i'd tell you.

We come from different cultures. It's demeaning to me the use of the clause *ensure your brain absorbs it*.
I don't see what's not nice about my post.

I told you how to find the thread, I even linked you to the thread. I then told you how many times you should read it to fully understand it.

What's not nice about that?

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Wow, I didn't imagine a single post would hurt/offend so many people. I understand he's new to the forum, I haven't said anything wrong. I directed him to the appropriate thread, that's all. I really don't understand who the two above posts are directed to... It certainly should not be me.

And to @AbdulhakimHaliru , when I said "read it 3 times to fully absorb it" - that's what I literally meant. I was not attacking your intellect in any shape or form.

EDIT: I just finished reading your last sentence, you offended me even though I had said nothing wrong to you. I will stop posting on this thread. Good luck.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Would you say an online stocks photo online market where you can obtain african stocks is Fastlane ?
Stop asking if this or that is Fastlane. It's less of what you do and more of how you do it. I think that you should read more and post less. I just read an epic 15 page thread here yesterday about @SinisterLex fastlaning a slowlane project.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Calm down, this is the business world. People can sometimes be rude and offensive - learn to grow thicker skin.

Any ways.... Of course the idea itself can be fast lane; if it meets the 5 commandments; need, time, scale, control, entry. But if it will go fastlane, will be down to your EXECUTION.

The biggest question is and should always be IS THERE A NEED for something like that?

Before you so start on a business, always PROVE there is demand and a need for your product or service.

So how do you do that? Put together a simple website $100 tops (with nice design/copy / call to action) and propose your idea to your potential target market..... and ask for UPFRONT payment ... by offering them a discount in return.

Basically you want to be like kickstarter.... present your idea, and ask people to pre-order 10 items or pre-sign up for 3 months at 50% off and get locked into to that price for life.

IF you can get people to spend their money on it before you build it, you have a business thats is proven and can be taken to the fast lane (provided it meets the other commandants and you do *good execution) !

To learn more about pre-selling visit thefoundation.com
https://thefoundation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/TheFoundation-MarketingMindsetFreeReport.pdf
https://thefoundation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Intro-to-idea-extraction.pdf
https://s3.amazonaws.com/Publicpdf/What_Is_Pre-selling (1).pdf

AbdulhakimHaliru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria
Thank you for now taking the time to explain what you meant. By being defensive when I picked offense at your first response, you brought us here.
I mixed up my response in my last reply and I am sorry about that.
I am sorry I had to offend you to pass the message across. your choice of word were cheeky on your first response even though I now see you meant no harm. best regards.

Wow, I didn't imagine a single post would hurt/offend so many people. I understand he's new to the forum, I haven't said anything wrong. I directed him to the appropriate thread, that's all. I really don't understand who the two above posts are directed to... It certainly should not be me.

And to @AbdulhakimHaliru , when I said "read it 3 times to fully absorb it" - that's what I literally meant. I was not attacking your intellect in any shape or form.

EDIT: I just finished reading your last sentence, you offended me even though I had said nothing wrong to you. I will stop posting on this thread. Good luck.

AbdulhakimHaliru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria
We come from different cultures and I've absolutely no reason to have low self esteem as you juxtapose. Our choice of words speaks volumes. If I picked offense to the response of one of so many contributors, it is my prerogative to do so. Please learn not to judge or conclude or presume to know people and their self-esteem level as your knowledge of the subject is apparently shallow. rebuffing cheekiness has nothing to do with low self-esteem, It has everything to do with demanding courtesy with your generousity in experience or knowledge sharing.

If you have to ask "is this Fastlane" you did not understand the book.

Read it again. (This is not a slight, it's ok to read a good book a few times to let everything soak in)

If you're offended by that response your self-esteem is pitifully low.

Most problems in business indeed do stem from low self-esteem, low self-worth, poor self-image.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
You want to have a picture library of your own? Give usage right to people in a certain way so that you can sell the same pic multiple times to different users for different use?
You are going to set up an agency to sell and buy photos from photographers and take the commission?
A crowdsourced model to review the pics supplied?

MKHB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jun 26, 2015
Yeah, I agree with @Mrs. BRKb

I can't even count how many times this happens:

A new member posts a "new member" idea - which is followed by a tirade of comments about reading the book again, don't waste our time, holier-than-thou garbage.

If this is such a waste of time for you..... Don't waste your own time trolling the forum

I think this type of response comes mostly from people that come here to consume.
I can't imagine that someone coming here and participating in creating some value in the forum would have issues with questions like these. It is a conversation.

Joining this forum was one of the single biggest things that has shaped my path as an entrepreneur.

It may amaze you to hear this, but I have asked a lot of stupid beginner questions myself. That is half of how I learn.

@AbdulhakimHaliru , the idea isn't bad - just realize that it is only the shell. It could or could not be fastlane depending on how it is executed.

Focus on answering HOW it can be fastlane, and you will find a way.

Keep posting questions - Giving up is one of the few things that is absolutely not fastlane ;)

Don't waste your own time trolling the forum

But if it weren't for trolling, some of the little people would have nothing to contribute.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.