The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

online credit card processing

MillionBillion

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 1, 2012
California
Whats up everybody. My bro and I have owned a smoke shop for a few years now and we just created a website (greenbacksmokeshop.com) after learning how to build websites. For now we can only sell through paypal and google checkout, but we want to install a credit card processing tool so our costumers can pay with their credit cards without having to sing up for paypal and what not. My question is what are some of the good online credit card processing tool that's out there. Does anybody use a tool like that for their business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We use PayLeap.com
Authorize.Net also is pretty big.

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
Take a look at stripe.com

They don't charge a monthly fee, and you don't needc a payment gateway or merchant account, or as much PCI compliance. Their goal is to make it easy to embed their API's into your site to take payments.

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
I like authorize.net ... One of the biggest processors. Though I'd recommend talking to your local bank rep about merchant account setup.

Before I talked to my bank I was paying up the wazoo for useless fees and what not. And now I pay zero bank fees, only the merchant fees and 99.99% of my online transactions are in my bank account within 12 hours (used to post to my account 2-3 days).

I heard a lot of good things about stripe, can't say much about them since I never used them.

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
piotrkrzyzek: so you were using authorize.net but now all the transactions are though your merchant account?

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
Sorry for the delayed reply:

Authorize.net is the merchant processor/account. I have it setup that I'm connected through a global processor, who then routes to Auth.net which deposits the money within a few hours (actually, to be honest in the past month it's been down to near instant).

In other words: Auth.net IS the merchant account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.