The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

online community software

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007
Here there every.
[FONT=&quot]I am looking to get some info from you guys that know a little bit about online community. I what to create an online community for the Hispanic market but with a twist. The community will be base on education. Does any one have good information I can get my hand on. Books or online tutorial how online community works[/FONT]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Re: online community

What kind of system will you use? Php? DirectX? OpenGL? Give more details about what you want to know so members can help you ;)

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007

sorry there jorge. That why i am asking the question. I don't have any clue when it come to online community so i want to start my research.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina

mmm....Well...I don't know if you want to code, design, draw, market, sell or what!

I don't believe there's a book like "MMORPG for Dummies" that really can teach you all the things involved in doing this.

It's just not possible! I develope Realtime 3d visualizations myself (check www.newvr.net)

Exodia

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2007

What i am trying to do is like facebook or myspace type of a community.
But it will be targeted at the Hispanic market.
I am trying to research all the information i can get regarding online community like myspace. I want to put all this technology we have in good use.
Right now i am in the research phase of my Idea.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I renamed the thread to 'online community software' as I think it will give it a more clear meaning.

mryasir

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
One of the best scripts are dolphin or phpizabi. PM me if you need customization.

Beni

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
Last version of Dolphin is great http://www.boonex.com/products/dolphin/. But I couldn't find a Spanish translation package.

I find phpizabi's interface less intuitive, but there are free Spanish translation packages.

I know because I'm going to create a dating website for Spain in the near future.

Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.