The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Online business started, need help

horne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 22, 2010
Hi, before a month ago i`ve using ebay.com to sell relpica products, BUT they send me the monthly tax paper and i was SHOKED of the numbers. So i`ve decidet to make website and sale for my self.
The problem is that i have no idea how to get clients and visitors to my site.
All ideas are good to come.
The site is hornstore.eu .
Post comment and ideas.
Thank you :thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3587x

You may want to reconsider the design and describe what the site actually does a little better.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Try Google AdWords for quick results (don't forget to check the ROI). Except for that you could write comments on blogs that deal with the topic.

However, before you do anything make sure the website structure ecnourages your visitors more to buy something. Delete what is not necessary, for example the calendar. Instead give the category listing a more prominent position on your website. The visitor should be able to see the products that you offer within the first few seconds. You could also place some 'hot deals' right on your website's first page.

So all in all - invest into optimizing the site's structure and then start marketing it like crazy.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Please don't make the same mistake I did/am doing - make sure that your site is optimized for conversions before spending money on advertising. There is no point in driving traffic to a site that doesn't convert visitors into sales. You need research everything you can about conversion optimization before advertising.

Right away, my first thought was "I have never bought a 'replica' anything, especially online - I don't trust that I can get something that says 'IPad' on it for this price...this must be a scam - click off site". Then again, maybe I'm not your target demographic/ideal customer. Good luck!

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Bad logic. You need to advertise to gather conversion data.

Please don't make the same mistake I did/am doing - make sure that your site is optimized for conversions before spending money on advertising. There is no point in driving traffic to a site that doesn't convert visitors into sales. You need research everything you can about conversion optimization before advertising.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Your website looks unprofessional. I will not hand my credit card just because of the bad looking website. You should get some ecommerce software to sell your products and put real phone number on your site.

Hi, before a month ago i`ve using ebay.com to sell relpica products, BUT they send me the monthly tax paper and i was SHOKED of the numbers. So i`ve decidet to make website and sale for my self.
The problem is that i have no idea how to get clients and visitors to my site.
All ideas are good to come.
The site is hornstore.eu .
Post comment and ideas.
Thank you :thumbsup:

horne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 22, 2010
Thank you all for the advices. I am working on improving the site.
valuegiver - thats a real phone number :)

nmarketing

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 9, 2010
Just remember to build for long-term. Web business tends to more business then web, so always have a good business plan to start from.

You can do conversion testing without spending money, but most times just start with small spends. I do 200 click blocks, then re-optimize and test again. Once you have a solid Conversion Rate, you can spend $ on ads as you profit.

Synergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 9, 2010
USA
The others have mentioned good advice and you should listen to them.

In my personal opinon if you want a really good professional e-commerce site I would Reconmend buying some books on HTML, CSS, Java Script, MySQL, PHP, and maybe even some jQuerey. Wordpress is a great service but when you break it down, you dont have total control over everything. When building a site from scratch, it is normally seen as more professional and people are more likley to say "Here's my credit card."

To attract customers to your site make sure your site is almost perfect, then advertise. Don't be afraid to also message old buyer's on ebay and shoot them an e-mail telling them about your new site.

horne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 22, 2010
thank you for advices ALL, I am consedering building a site from scratch, wish me luck :) .

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
If you are going to build a site from scratch if you do not know how to do that already, then their are a lot of things that you are going to have to read up on.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
thank you for advices ALL, I am consedering building a site from scratch, wish me luck :) .

I suggest you check out Magento. It's an open source eCommerce system that may facilitate things for you. If you have any specific questions while your are building up the shop from scratch feel free to post or PM me.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 9, 2010
out of curiosity what was so shocking about your tax statement?

I am thinking of starting something, but im not sure what im getting into tax-wise

mottdog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 7, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
Depending on how many products you plan to list, I would check out BigCommerce. It's a fully hosted shopping cart solution. Also it has a Ebay listing function, that way you can continue to make sales on Ebay and get your name out there. After a while people will go directly to your site and you'll give them a bit more a discount due to the lower transaction costs.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
I mean REAL phone number listed on the top header, not inside About Us. That defeats the purpose.

Also, use Shopify for shopping cart. You also may want to use Live Chat software like Zopim to interact with your customers real time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.