The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ongoing value from this forum and the Summits.

Anything related to matters of the mind

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
Just thought I would share some ongoing value from I believe the 2016 Summit. My main business is farming and we use a lot of credit for input supplies. Anyways I am using a chemical retailer we used to use but hadn’t for a few years so they are happy to have us back.

Anyways I was paying my bill yesterday and there was $2800 in interest that had accumulated so I asked my rep if they could waive the interest and he said they couldn’t. But then I heard Red’s voice in my ear saying “Never take a no from someone who doesn’t have the power to give you a yes.” (I believe from her session in 2016) So I held off paying the bill until I talked to someone higher up the food chain and they waived all the interest. Just more ongoing value from the place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
But then I heard Red’s voice in my ear saying “Never take a no from someone who doesn’t have the power to give you a yes.”

I. Freaking. Love. This.

Thank you for sharing after all this time. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just thought I would share some ongoing value from I believe the 2016 Summit. My main business is farming and we use a lot of credit for input supplies. Anyways I am using a chemical retailer we used to use but hadn’t for a few years so they are happy to have us back.

Anyways I was paying my bill yesterday and there was $2800 in interest that had accumulated so I asked my rep if they could waive the interest and he said they couldn’t. But then I heard Red’s voice in my ear saying “Never take a no from someone who doesn’t have the power to give you a yes.” (I believe from her session in 2016) So I held off paying the bill until I talked to someone higher up the food chain and they waived all the interest. Just more ongoing value from the place.

That's a huge return on your time invested. If it took you 20m to solve, that's $8,400 an hour.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
That's a huge return on your time invested. If it took you 20m to solve, that's $8,400 an hour.
So true. Very easy in businesses that have some slow lane constraints like farming to get completely consumed by the $20-$40 an hour jobs and not look after the opportunities like this.

It’s interesting after I read your post and thought about your per hour pay back point I had a quick conversation with my 12 year old son about this. We had cleaned out a large oat bin last week that is kind of a hot itchy job and not alot of fun. Took us about an hour and I paid him $20 which is more then he usually makes but it’s a hard job and he was happy. So I explained he would have to clean 420 of those bins in what would take him 10.5 weeks of his time at 40 hours a week. Or an hour doing extremely valuable work that he only keeps if he is the owner. I could see his mind blown as he realizes how wildly different your time can be valued depending on what you do with it and who is benefitting from it. You want to be in a business that provides those opportunities.

Thanks again.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So true. Very easy in businesses that have some slow lane constraints like farming to get completely consumed by the $20-$40 an hour jobs and not look after the opportunities like this.

It’s interesting after I read your post and thought about your per hour pay back point I had a quick conversation with my 12 year old son about this. We had cleaned out a large oat bin last week that is kind of a hot itchy job and not alot of fun. Took us about an hour and I paid him $20 which is more then he usually makes but it’s a hard job and he was happy. So I explained he would have to clean 420 of those bins in what would take him 10.5 weeks of his time at 40 hours a week. Or an hour doing extremely valuable work that he only keeps if he is the owner. I could see his mind blown as he realizes how wildly different your time can be valued depending on what you do with it and who is benefitting from it. You want to be in a business that provides those opportunities.

Thanks again.

Wow, I'm honored my demonstration was a teachable moment with your son.

@Red had some great advice at that Summit, including some dating/marriage advice that has improved my relationship. My memory is foggy, but it basically was to take an active role in doing things for your spouse that makes your partner's life more easier, happier, and fulfilling, things that align with their personality and disposition... in short, filling their cup.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Wow, I'm honored my demonstration was a teachable moment with your son.

@Red had some great advice at that Summit, including some dating/marriage advice that has improved my relationship. My memory is foggy, but it basically was to take an active role in doing things for your spouse that makes your partner's life more easier, happier, and fulfilling, things that align with their personality and disposition... in short, filling their cup.
To be fair, I think @farmer79 's reference & yours were two different Summits, haha.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
“Never take a no from someone who doesn’t have the power to give you a yes.”
I love this!

@Red ... how the heck will I properly attribute this when I share it with people?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I love this!

@Red ... how the heck will I properly attribute this when I share it with people?
Honestly, I picked it up somewhere along the line in life & it always stuck with me.... my version in my head was "Never accept a No from someone who doesn't have the authority to give you a Yes" ... I can't take credit for the concept, but it has served me well in life.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I have a truism I'm working on. I'm not sure where I got it but it goes like this:

If you can afford to pay for the solution, you don't have a problem.

I just got a load of lumber this morning using that bit of wisdom. I sprang for the more expensive type because the deck would go together faster with less labor.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I have a truism I'm working on. I'm not sure where I got it but it goes like this:

If you can afford to pay for the solution, you don't have a problem.

I just got a load of lumber this morning using that bit of wisdom. I sprang for the more expensive type because the deck would go together faster with less labor.
A little more hillbilly but my mother used to subscribe to a magazine about farm life called Country. On the back cover of every issue there would have a beautiful rural photo and a rural proverb sent in by a reader. When I read yours I was reminded of one

“If money can fix it, It ain’t broke.”

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.