The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the key to making money about TAKING VALUE from customers?

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Is the key to making money about TAKING VALUE from customers?
  1. We live in a world of conflicting truths.
  2. Develop the ability to filter through the shit to extract the gold.
  3. Pay attention to the subtle nuances and the deeper lessons beneath the surface.
One business owner I often look up to for advice is Own Cook, one of the founders of Real Social Dynamics.

On one of his channels the other day, he released a long video where one of the topics he talked about was the subtle nuances of learning and conflicting advice. I feel like the two of us have read a lot of the same books, and developed a very similar outlook on life based on our experiences.

During the video, he used an example how he sees the clear distinction between two types of people.
  1. The Stressed Out Logical Business Owners
  2. The Manifestation Crowd
He's immersed himself in both worlds, filtered through various practices through trial and error, and has learned to take away the best of both words.

On the RIGHT side of the spectrum.
The business owner friends. Like many people on this forum, if he talked recommended a book on positive thinking, manifestation, and how archangels come down from heaven to guide you on your path to manifesting wealth and abundance; many of his business owner friends immediately dismiss the book. They would never read it.

On the LEFT side of the spectrum
The manifestation crowd believes anything they read in books. The follow YouTube channels that pump them with feel-good emotions and ask the archangels to do the work for them. If he recommended them to to read books on business, marketing, and hustle; they would immediately dismiss the information.

In these instances, the people on each side of the spectrum places themselves in narrow boxes, unwilling to open their mind and extract any useful bits of information from the other end of the spectrum.

In his video, Owen talks about his ability to rapidly filter through unrelated and unnecessary information, while absorbing the gold nuggets that help him with his business. What if that book written by the angels author lady has one gold nugget in it that could completely turn your business and life around?

You won't read it because you are caught up on the 98% fluff.

On the flip side of the coin, what if the readers of the angels author lady are actually having angels line up the path and hand deliver them millions of dollars in manifestation, but they never actually receive it because the angels are up there above them screaming "Read the millionaire fastlane and read that on blurb about taking action".?

Then somehow by their power-of-the-universe beliefs, some sci fi movie script they wrote out while following their passion gets sent to hollywood and turns into millions of dollars in royalty deals when they take action and send it to hollywood?

Step 1 - Print out their passion.
Step 2 - Go to post office and mail script.
Step 3 - Sign contract for $50 million royalty deal for the next star wars.

It could happen...

So back to the headline...is the key to making money about taking value from customers?

When I first got into entrepreneurship, which was within the same month or two of reading TMF , I approached business with the mindset with "What's in it for me?"

I just wanna make $10,000 per month. I just wanna drive the Lamborghini and live in a mansion. I want to travel the world.

"How are you going to do it?" people might ask me.

"Who cares, I WANT TO GET RICH."

Selfish.

Then MJ installs the valuable lesson for that stage of the journey.

Another mentor from this forum once taught me about The Law of Reciprocity "The more you give, the more you receive." So by adding value to other people, you eventually get money in return.

Eventually I began one-on-one consulting sessions. For the first year of doing this, I took the advice to heart. I would help people out and add immense value to people's lives through my sessions. My skills were rough around the edges at first, but eventually it built up and I began adding a lot of value through what I was doing.

Then, another mentor from this forum gave me the advice "Andrew...it's time to be selfish. This is about what you want and creating the life you want to live."

What?

On the surface, he was telling me to go back to square one:
  1. My goal was to take value and I wasn't making money.
  2. My goal was to add/give value and I wasn't making money with my services.
Now he wants me to go back to taking value again?

On the surface, the advice we get often times conflicts with other advice we got in the past.

But it's the subtle nuances which make up the entire difference. By the time the second mentor gave me advice, I embodied the characteristics which allowed me to be selfish again and receive the value in the form of aggressively marketing my services and earning a nice income from it....because I decided to be selfish and take care of me.

Tipping the Scales:
  • First, the scales were tipped all the way to the left.
  • And then all the way to the right to over-compensate for the selfishness.
  • And then eventually, things tipped back and balanced in the middle.
What has helped me greatly is to balance things out and find that middle ground between the two. To read books about archangels, to read books about marketing and hard business lessons, to read books about pickup, to study strategies of business, war, and social justice movements; to learn from people like Gary Vee to Grant Cardone and Tai Lopez alike; and to be able to filter out the unnecessary information (without restricting myself because at the surface it might appear to be 99% garbage), and develop the skill to look beneath the surface and pay attention to the subtle nuances of information that is lying in the rough.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with manifestation, following your passion on a sci-fi script, archangels, adding value, or anything on the surface.

Dig a little deeper...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hmm... Something to think about.

A guy I know had been pushed by his parents to show his feminine feelings. Although he rebelled against that, he let himself pushed further into his feminine side.

He wasn't against femininity. But he began to hate it, because he lost his connection with his masculine side.

Then something changed. He had a moment of awakening. He had enough of it. So he went completely masculine, in everything he did, read and talked.

Well you might guess that it wasn't the solution to his life problems. That is because he lost touch with his feminine side. So he went back to his feminine side, but with failure again.

And then he found something that is called balance. His entire life he was looking for the definite answer. But what he found instead was multiple answers. It made him think about his life problems. He concluded that his problems are what makes his life worth living.

When you're to much to the right, it's an indicator to balance a little more to the left. And when you're too much on the left, well you have to balance back to the right. Like this guy with his masculine/feminine problem.

He let go of his need to be fully masculine, as well as continually please others to make him feel good about himself. He found his center in his body, he became whole again.

This isn't about being feminine, masculine, finding balance or life problems.

Dig a little deeper...

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Ahhhh, there you said it "find that middle ground between the two" - in both cases you received excellent information from your mentors and you moved to suit. I also believe dependent on the type of business, you can see where both aspects of advice fits effectively. However, what even adds more to both aspects of advice is that it came from two mentors who prove in either way, it worked for them in conducting business.

With regards to the books related to the forum, I definitely overstand your statement where people choose not to read because they are caught up in the fluff. They think why should they read "another" business book. I think it's more because everyone wants a quick-money solution in business. Everyone wants a book that states "do a, b, c, d, e and after 5 minutes absolute success." The fact is, it's easier for most of us to easily pine away hard at jobs we hate and when the time comes for us to invest time/money/skills learnt in building success for ourselves, because there is no quick-fix, we give up in no time.

How many of us have recommended the books of the forum to friends, family, strangers etc; and it literally just became a waste? Then a year after or so, they see us excelling at our business and then they immediately think, "hey, how'd you get there? What? When did you become a millionaire? etc., then they want to know the exact, step-by-step formula, as you've highlighted in OP; taking process-(ive) and progressive action is what makes the entire difference.

However, back to the conundrum of deciding which way to go - you've received sound advice from both individuals with proven records, I believe it's a matter of applying it accordingly to the situation you are faced with from customer to customer and recognising the solutions you create either way as you grow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
One of the biggest takeaways for me from this post is the value of not dismissing information because it doesn't perfectly fit into what you're used to researching.

Instead of thinking in absolutes (this is wrong / this is right) you form your own opinions and can try different things out to see what works from your own experience instead of dismissing it off the bat.

Thanks for sharing man.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.