- Joined
- Aug 31, 2007
- Messages
- 780
Rep Bank
$865
$865
User Power: 25%
This past week I was approached about a possible joint venture by one of the members of my forum. It was interesting and from what I could see it could be good for my company, but REALLY good for the other company. But, I needed to do some due diligence.
That's when it got a little crazy. Apparently I needed to talk to Fred Jones (name changed) and the connection was made between Mr. Jones's assistant and my assistant. Somehow, Mr. Jones's assistant got hold of my email address (I think it might have been as simple as Carolyn copying me on an email), but nonetheless, the assistant got it. We'll call her Suzie.
Suzie now feels comfortable to explain how busy Mr. Jones (always with "Mr") is and what did I want anyway...the type of not-to-subtle brush-off. And what really got to me was that she immediately assumed first name basis with me, but continued to use the more formal "Mr" with her boss.
Last night it was the final straw, when she condescendingly told me that Mr. Jones was just too busy and I would have to work around his schedule, if it was going to work at all....Diane.
The timing couldn't have been worse for me to get that email. Hey! They contacted ME for this deal. As far as I can see, it helps THEM more than it helps ME. Why am I getting the brush-off?
The innocent answer is that they just have an untrained and rude employee. The not-so-innocent answer is that they want me to quit asking questions they don't want to get. I'm leaning toward the untrained & rude employee because she doesn't seem smart enough to be subtle.
That's when it got a little crazy. Apparently I needed to talk to Fred Jones (name changed) and the connection was made between Mr. Jones's assistant and my assistant. Somehow, Mr. Jones's assistant got hold of my email address (I think it might have been as simple as Carolyn copying me on an email), but nonetheless, the assistant got it. We'll call her Suzie.
Suzie now feels comfortable to explain how busy Mr. Jones (always with "Mr") is and what did I want anyway...the type of not-to-subtle brush-off. And what really got to me was that she immediately assumed first name basis with me, but continued to use the more formal "Mr" with her boss.
Last night it was the final straw, when she condescendingly told me that Mr. Jones was just too busy and I would have to work around his schedule, if it was going to work at all....Diane.
The timing couldn't have been worse for me to get that email. Hey! They contacted ME for this deal. As far as I can see, it helps THEM more than it helps ME. Why am I getting the brush-off?
The innocent answer is that they just have an untrained and rude employee. The not-so-innocent answer is that they want me to quit asking questions they don't want to get. I'm leaning toward the untrained & rude employee because she doesn't seem smart enough to be subtle.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
