The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On making the next Amazon

alfosua

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 3, 2021
Lol, sorry for the clickbait. I don't have built any Amazon yet, and neither I've started.

A quick intro: My name is Alfonso, and I am a 20-year old software developer and data engineer—I really like to say that even it is not 100% true by the time. Where I am currently geolocalized in Venezuela. Two years ago I was subscribed to the Sidewalker-mindset, but then after reading for the first time a book, one of those about self-help, I just decided to become as rich as possible to pursue tech development on my own. Then later, once upon a time, I discovered James Jani's video about the untold truth of money and then bought MJ's book as any guy who's seeking success and is really confused would do.

To summarize, my dream in fact is to become someone like Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates (yes, including the money trait). Although there are more points on the to-do list. However, at the moment, I just could manage to find a Slowlane, remote contract as a developer in a Spanish tech startup. Though my wage is far less than what a software engineer is actually worth, I earn enough to start thinking that a business is possible. I have learned quite a lot from this current experience.

So enough bullshit. I am looking out what kind of problem could I solve and sell with my computer skills. My prospects are to move to the UK and start a business there. In some effect, I want to make the next kind of company which could be the next Amazon—spiritually, not literally—and liquidate it to just repeat the process again, and again until I have children—if I do though.

Anyway, there's not so much clickbait at all. Last few days I have been building my own IaaS (cloud engineering provider) inspired by Amazon Web Services and Azure. That by entirely be made from scratch with Python, Flask and Docker. The thing is that neither AWS and Azure let me create an account and use their services because I don't have a valid credit card. Frustration got me to the first principles: building my own shit if nobody wants to sell me their own.

This is a little piece of code from what I am very proud of:

1623600367728.png

I call it Alfosua Web Services. Until now, there's only a not-so-functional version of AWS lambda function feature.

So I want to finalize this post by asking something simple: What do you think would be the next Amazon?

Let me know what your predictions are, to see if I can steal some wisdom (?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Just a few comments:

I'm not sure the people you listed set out to become household names. In fact, they probably knew there was a strong probability their projects would fail and nobody would have any clue who they were. It seems that proceeding with the goal of being like those people is already making a mistake.

They achieved what they did by having a strong and clear vision of the future, and then bringing that possible future to reality. This is what they started with: the vision of the future, not with the vision of being a celebrity.

As far as what could be the next Amazon, I think the future is moving towards decentralization. Ultimately, in the coming decades, I'm thinking we'll see small local production centers that use advanced additive manufacturing to create just about everything for the end consumer. Personalized, customized, local.

As the world descends more and more into dystopia, you're going to see the majority of the population take refuge in virtual worlds. Advanced VR will be a replacement for the real world... both in terms of achievements and interpersonal relationships. NFTs will be big in this brave new world, so I think that's a potential thing to look into here and now.

alfosua

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 3, 2021
Just a few comments:

I'm not sure the people you listed set out to become household names. In fact, they probably knew there was a strong probability their projects would fail and nobody would have any clue who they were. It seems that proceeding with the goal of being like those people is already making a mistake.

They achieved what they did by having a strong and clear vision of the future, and then bringing that possible future to reality. This is what they started with: the vision of the future, not with the vision of being a celebrity.

As far as what could be the next Amazon, I think the future is moving towards decentralization. Ultimately, in the coming decades, I'm thinking we'll see small local production centers that use advanced additive manufacturing to create just about everything for the end consumer. Personalized, customized, local.

As the world descends more and more into dystopia, you're going to see the majority of the population take refuge in virtual worlds. Advanced VR will be a replacement for the real world... both in terms of achievements and interpersonal relationships. NFTs will be big in this brave new world, so I think that's a potential thing to look into here and now.
Heyyy, I have watched you:O

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...