The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

On How To Think

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
1. The pull to live the next second on autopilot is just too strong; and autopilot is extremely good at its job anyway. (If you know how to play, say, piano, try paying attention to your fingers, watching them move. Whoops, have you missed a tune? There are studies regarding conscious vs subconscious performance in similar areas, and subconscious clearly wins). Seconds amount to minutes, to days, and then the life's gone.

It takes establishing new process to get to a new result, so how do we break from the usual routine and stop bs-ing ourselves? One way I found useful is to think in writing. Just write down your thoughts as they come and re-read, trying to spot mistakes or false conclusions.

2. Another technique I found useful is this. I've been trying to calculate the best solution to any mgmt task I've got. But if there was a way to know the ideal answer, there would be no need in a manager. Therefore, I try to find the balance between the confidence in my solution, the cost of "calculation" it takes to create one (i. e. the time needed to talk to people, to gather and analyze data) and the two parts of EV. I evaluate the negative (risk) and the positive (reward) parts separately as well as in its aggregated form (which is EV).

I'd love to know what's your approach to that is, how do you spot mistakes while thinking and making decisions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
Another thing regarding asking questions and searching for the information.

The metric I use to determine whether I need a particular answer is following. I imagine what the answer could be? Usually there is a number of options. Then I consider how my actions would change given one answer or another. If they won't change anyway, I don't need that information right now.

Helps to tell action taking from action faking :)

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
1. The pull to live the next second on autopilot is just too strong; and autopilot is extremely good at its job anyway. (If you know how to play, say, piano, try paying attention to your fingers, watching them move. Whoops, have you missed a tune? There are studies regarding conscious vs subconscious performance in similar areas, and subconscious clearly wins). Seconds amount to minutes, to days, and then the life's gone.

It takes establishing new process to get to a new result, so how do we break from the usual routine and stop bs-ing ourselves? One way I found useful is to think in writing. Just write down your thoughts as they come and re-read, trying to spot mistakes or false conclusions.

2. Another technique I found useful is this. I've been trying to calculate the best solution to any mgmt task I've got. But if there was a way to know the ideal answer, there would be no need in a manager. Therefore, I try to find the balance between the confidence in my solution, the cost of "calculation" it takes to create one (i. e. the time needed to talk to people, to gather and analyze data) and the two parts of EV. I evaluate the negative (risk) and the positive (reward) parts separately as well as in its aggregated form (which is EV).

I'd love to know what's your approach to that is, how do you spot mistakes while thinking and making decisions?

you have to think in systems and follow mental models.

Freedom/ success means awareness and wisdom can achieve their mission in life without being stopped by stupidity and ignorance.
( btw, it has nothing to do with money. money is just a variable, not the end )

for example :

Eben pagan'style

Charlie Munger 's style : mentals models, cognitives biases

Stuart Goldmisth style: the initiate above the stupid masses/slaves

Strategic military style :

you can even create you own style, your own innovative game in a matrix - like manner

the Architect above the masses . this is the teaching of occult wisdom and secret societies

humans are masters of animals and initiates are masters of humans

"As above, so below " ( hermetic teaching )

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
you have to think in systems and follow mental models.

Freedom/ success means awareness and wisdom can achieve their mission in life without being stopped by stupidity and ignorance.
( btw, it has nothing to do with money. money is just a variable, not the end )

for example :

Eben pagan'style

View attachment 25094

Charlie Munger 's style : mentals models, cognitives biases

View attachment 25095

View attachment 25096

Stuart Goldmisth style: the initiate above the stupid masses/slaves

View attachment 25097

Strategic military style :

View attachment 25099

you can even create you own style, your own innovative game in a matrix - like manner

the Architect above the masses . this is the teaching of occult wisdom and secret societies

humans are masters of animals and initiates are masters of humans

"As above, so below " ( hermetic teaching )

View attachment 25098

Very good post

In Short, So By Product means Result & Money - is that correct way to interpret it?

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Very good post

In Short, So By Product means Result & Money - is that correct way to interpret it?

thanks

first of all ,we can only act according to our current understanding of life. everywhere and everytime

children understand the world a certain way
most adults , another way
the elite, initiates, another way
spiritual masters, another way...

and so on because there are infinite levels of awareness.

the current levels of reality understanding in society :

people here want freedom and material things : level 2 of the pyramid . people asking question

" wait a minute, i don't want to be a slave for 40 years . how to escape ?"

you can obtain these things with system thinking

for example :

Jeff Walker 's product launch formula

Jeff walker belongs to the level 2 of the pyramid : people using their brains ( introvert thinkers )

level 3 are the masterminds of society following higher principles of management of the masses

they belong to think tanks ( fabian society etc. )

for example : hegelian dialectics

thesis: capitalism ( to be destroyed soon )
antithesis : communism ( already destroyed )
synthesis : new world order ( coming soon )

masterminds use human psychology and so on to manage the masses

level 4 are spiritual masters above the circus called society that is managed by level 3

for example :

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
yes this is expected. thank you

95 % people can't understand what i say because they are machines as taught here:

so a quick pyramid again :

level 1 : 95 % of people

socialy programmed from childhood. they don't think at all. they just react. they are robots

life is eating, working, waching TV, etc . they don't question anything.

animal level

level 2 and 3 : people waking up, initiates, masterminds etc.

the ego is thinking. independant thought. masters of the level 1 which they use for their goals

for example : INTJ people

level 4 : spiritual masters

the superior self is thinking, not the small ego. the power of the universe is thinking

for example : the idea od " insight " in krisnamurti teaching

another example of the superior self :

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.