The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Oldie But Newbie

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Hi, guys! I'm happy to join you. I recently finished Unscripted , which I heard about from a YouTuber. Then I went on to read Fastlane and Wealth Exposed. DeMarco's style is the cold water I need to double down on my entrepreneurial dreams. Between him and Dan Miller's podcast, I now at least have a plan.

I am definitely guilty of bouncing around to many different things. I get excited for a while and then realize that the path I've chosen is either not right for me or not viable. All of my ventures, though, have entrepreneurial independence in common. Here's a partial list of what I've tried:
Chinese medicine, cosmetology, personal training, Avon, Mary Kay, Amway, writing, art, e-commerce, mortgage loans, etc. It's embarrassing, but it is what it is.

My current situation is that I am in the jobbiest of jobs I've ever had. I've been there 2 or 3 weeks. Every second of our time is monitored and we get emailed our break and lunch schedules every morning. We have to clock in on our phones, and on our computers, as well as badge in and out of the doors. If you forget any of these steps more than once or twice in a couple weeks' period, you get a private talking to by two managers. I was going to receive one of these talks (I haven't clocked in in years because I've been an independent contractor in various forms for the past 7 years.) But either they forgot or changed their mind. I'm also making less money than I need to live on because they told me I'd be able to quickly transition to a sales position. Then later said it would take 6 months. I can't imagine a rock bottom rockier or more bottomer than where I am now. I'm in my late 40s now, supporting a grown son. This just can't be my future. My "why" is to get my youngest kid on his own, and to leave a legacy for both my boys.

So, yeah. I'm stripped of all pride and ego at this point and will do whatever I need to do. I've started a Printify shop, I've started part time with a mortgage broker (100% commission) and I'm applying to better jobs in order to fund my business as well as working overtime at the current job. Not having a social life makes this less overwhelming than it sounds.

I look forward to learning from and encouraging all of you.

Raven

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Welcome Raven @NT2,

How do you spend your time finding the problems you want to solve, the added value you want to create? Have you researched any field you would like to dive in? Working many jobs to support your family is great, but finding the drive and the time to pivot to entrepreneurial world will be very challenging!
What are your plans? Any ideas you have in your mind?

Good luck!
Pete

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Welcome Raven @NT2,

How do you spend your time finding the problems you want to solve, the added value you want to create? Have you researched any field you would like to dive in? Working many jobs to support your family is great, but finding the drive and the time to pivot to entrepreneurial world will be very challenging!
What are your plans? Any ideas you have in your mind?

Good luck!
Pete

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Hi, Pete!

Thanks for the nice welcome. I started a website where I'm developing a niche tribe, and I've attached a Printify store to it. I divide my week to allow for 15 hours to be devoted to my business. I divide it between Marketing, Content Creation, Developing Knowledge, and Interacting with my niche. Once I have a sufficient number of products in my store I plan to add ebooks and artwork. This is a way to use all the training I've had thus far in writing, art, and ecommerce.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Raven, appreciate the intro!

Here's a partial list of what I've tried:
Chinese medicine, cosmetology, personal training, Avon, Mary Kay, Amway, writing, art, e-commerce, mortgage loans, etc. It's embarrassing, but it is what it is.

All these "failures" will serve you in the future. Wisdom accumulates so don't beat yourself up too much about it.

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Welcome Raven, appreciate the intro!

All these "failures" will serve you in the future. Wisdom accumulates so don't beat yourself up too much about it.
Thank you, M.J.!

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Hi, Pete!

Thanks for the nice welcome. I started a website where I'm developing a niche tribe, and I've attached a Printify store to it. I divide my week to allow for 15 hours to be devoted to my business. I divide it between Marketing, Content Creation, Developing Knowledge, and Interacting with my niche. Once I have a sufficient number of products in my store I plan to add ebooks and artwork. This is a way to use all the training I've had thus far in writing, art, and ecommerce.
What is the value you are providing to your niche tribe at the moment? You should focus on creating value first, then everything else will come to place!

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
What is the value you are providing to your niche tribe at the moment? You should focus on creating value first, then everything else will come to place!
Yes, I know, thanks!

Chasta_tea

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
507%
Jun 30, 2020
United States
Hi, guys! I'm happy to join you. I recently finished Unscripted , which I heard about from a YouTuber. Then I went on to read Fastlane and Wealth Exposed. DeMarco's style is the cold water I need to double down on my entrepreneurial dreams. Between him and Dan Miller's podcast, I now at least have a plan.

I am definitely guilty of bouncing around to many different things. I get excited for a while and then realize that the path I've chosen is either not right for me or not viable. All of my ventures, though, have entrepreneurial independence in common. Here's a partial list of what I've tried:

My current situation is that I am in the jobbiest of jobs I've ever had. I've been there 2 or 3 weeks. Every second of our time is monitored and we get emailed our break and lunch schedules every morning. We have to clock in on our phones, and on our computers, as well as badge in and out of the doors. If you forget any of these steps more than once or twice in a couple weeks' period, you get a private talking to by two managers. I was going to receive one of these talks (I haven't clocked in in years because I've been an independent contractor in various forms for the past 7 years.) But either they forgot or changed their mind. I'm also making less money than I need to live on because they told me I'd be able to quickly transition to a sales position. Then later said it would take 6 months. I can't imagine a rock bottom rockier or more bottomer than where I am now. I'm in my late 40s now, supporting a grown son. This just can't be my future. My "why" is to get my youngest kid on his own, and to leave a legacy for both my boys.

So, yeah. I'm stripped of all pride and ego at this point and will do whatever I need to do. I've started a Printify shop, I've started part time with a mortgage broker (100% commission) and I'm applying to better jobs in order to fund my business as well as working overtime at the current job. Not having a social life makes this less overwhelming than it sounds.

I look forward to learning from and encouraging all of you.

Raven
Hi @NT2,

So delighted you’ve joined the Fastlane forum - Welcome and thank you for sharing your journey! You bring such a wide range of experience with regards to website development, ecommerce, Printify, etc. that I’m sure you’ll make someone’s day when you share your expertise.

Warm Regards,
Chas

NT2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 21, 2020
Texas
Hi @NT2,

So delighted you’ve joined the Fastlane forum - Welcome and thank you for sharing your journey! You bring such a wide range of experience with regards to website development, ecommerce, Printify, etc. that I’m sure you’ll make someone’s day when you share your expertise.

Warm Regards,
Chas
That's very kind of you, Chas. Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...