The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Offline To Online Sales

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
So my very simple ecommerce plan is this....

My mom buys/sells antiques (think American Pickers style). Everything from vintage Coke signs to architecture pieces. She sells exclusively at shows. First Friday shows once a month, a few huge shows in Texas twice a year. Zero internet sales.

So my very simple plan is to take her existing inventory (and it is...a lot) and throw it up on a website. She's also got a decent list of clients we can use. I'll get to learn about ecommerce along the way and hopefully we can both make a few extra bucks.

The need I'm going to fill is this... dealers/shop owners from around the country fly in to these shows and buy like mad men for a week to supply their shops. If I can provide them with an easier way to get their inventory it should be a win-win for everyone.

As far as marketing I'll be making phone calls to her current clients to basically assess their interest level they have in buying online vs. shows. (The site is going up regardless otherwise I would have done this first). And I would really like to experiment with FB marketing JasonR style and also do some PPC.

What I've Done So Far:

• Got a site under maintenance
  • Taken pictures of some inventory and getting it listed with descriptions/copy
  • Cleaned up her client list so we can begin contacting them more frequently

This is definitely a ready, fire, aim approach. I just got sick of the learning loop I was in so I decided to get off my a$$ and do something.

Interested in hearing some feedback from you guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Sounds like a great idea - Not sure if it's fastlane but, it can definitely 'make a few more bucks' as you said.

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
Not sure if it's fastlane

Agreed. I'm just trying to help my mom make some extra cash and develop my skills for my future fastlane. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from the process to use down the road.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.