What's new

Normal Behavior?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

hedgehog757

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 24, 2012
Messages
307
Location
New York
Rep Bank
$590
User Power: 24%
I know it's been a while since I posted much on here so I hope by the end I will have explained somewhat why that is. I always wonder why people think trading a 9-5 day or any kind of job is normal. And then they blow their whole paycheck on the weekends having as much fun as they can in 48 hours or less. I used to do the same thing and I probably still do once in a while. I think that may have changed some for me recently though.

A few years ago someone told me about a book titled The Millionaire Fastlane . I work at my Slowlane job with him. Some of you might know him as Likwid24 and a product he came up with. So, to him I say Thank You. I think we both love our slow lane job but I think everyone is working toward not having to trade their time for money. And even though I love my job, I'd rather have free time even though I feel what we do at work is a good thing.

So, after reading the book I kept looking for different ways to make money. Finally, I found a business that seems to be working for me. I didn't know if it would or not but I took a chance and it has gone well so far. But friends and family think it's abnormal for me to work on my business rather than go out. But I would rather work on my business than go out.

I wonder why so many other people just don't see it. Friends invite me to bars to go watch football on Sunday and I do go, maybe once a month. I don't do it every week anymore. I play darts every week in a league but last year I made it there once because even though I enjoy playing and seeing my friends, I have a business that needed to be worked. And you know you always get, come on, you're working too hard.", "Take a break, you deserve it." Plus many other statements like that.

Why do I deserve it? What did I do? I don't see millions in my bank account yet that allows me to relax and not worry about paying bills. Though my goal is for that to happen eventually. Even my current business is not as Fastlane as I would like to be but it's much better than my slow lane job. I do have partners, which can be a pain, mostly growing pains, which we seem to have worked out for now.

What we have done is bring a product out there that fills a need or maybe even just a want for people for now. But it's going well for us. I am looking at this as a great learning experience while making money at the same time and plan to have it lead me to even more of a Fastlane Idea.

What really confuses me about people is when they ask me what I am doing and why I work so much. When I tell them I wasn't to make as much money as possible so that I don't have to work at a job anymore and I don't have to worry about paying bills, they say things like, "I just want to be happy." Why does happiness and financial freedom have to be separate? Can't I be happy and rich? can't everyone? I believe MJ said all of that much better in the book. I have read it several times and listened to the audio book while driving.

So, I guess what I really am asking is, why am I looked at as the one with abnormal behavior? Is dreaming of wanting a better life and actually working toward it that much of a strange concept to people? I don't think I ever thought quite like that but I didn't quite think like this either. I was probably somewhere in between, which still left me nowhere, until now.

I'm still working hard but I finally see that it will eventually pay off in the end. So, if I don't go out with the guys for now, even though I still keep in touch with them, and I don't play darts and maybe skip one or two vacations so that I can have much better ones, sooner rather than later, why does everyone not see this as normal behavior?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua esi fuoph xjev ov velit.
 
Vjeplt TviwiU. Nz voni nepehinipv tlommt tvomm tadl tu vjev ot xjev O en vszoph vu onqsuwi up pux. O fup;v djidl ineom gostv vjoph op vji nuspoph epznusi, apmitt O lpux O jewi vu gus tunivjoph catopitt simevif. O fup;v vasp nz qjupi up sohjv exez xjip O hiv uav ug cif, apmitt O lpux O jewi vu demm tuniupi ecuav tunivjoph onqusvepv. Xjip O fu hu up Gedicuul, O neli tasi ov ot xjip O jewi voni vu fu ov epf simey gus e duaqmi ug nopavit cigusi O hiv cedl opvu fuoph xjev O piif.

Cav nutv ug xjev O fu up Gedicuul ot qutv vjopht vu jimq nz catopitt epf muul gus xjev uvjist esi fuoph vu jimq vjiost. O sief gus qmietasi tunivonit et nz cseop piift ep uddetoupem csiel. Vjuahj pux ov ot 80% miespoph nevisoem, nezci nusi ev vonit epf 20% qmietasi optvief ug vji uvjis xez esuapf.

O'f sevjis miesp tunivjoph pix iwisz fez vjep sief ecuav xjev fsehupt epf xisixumwit esi fuoph. Apmitt O qmep vu xsovi gepvetz cuult. Xjodj O jewi sief qmipvz ug epf muwi vu sief.

O jewi gopemmz miespif, gohasif uav, vjev ov upmz jeqqipt cz xjev zua FU, puv cz xjev zua VJOPL. Tu, xjip O gopemmz tvesvif fuoph xjev piift vu ci fupi epf veloph edvoup, O siemobif tuni uvjis ug nz gsoipft jef emsiefz fupi ov epf iwip vjuahj O lpix xjev vjiz xisi fuoph O jepf;v siemobif ov.

O hsix aq xovj vjin epf upi ot pux vuasoph vji xusmf epf Vji A.T.E. qmezoph jot haoves. Gus jot uxp tvagg epf cepf sidusfoph gus uvjist. Epuvjis ot ecuav vu jewi jot 5vj cuul qacmotjif. Epuvjis upi katv tohpif e dupvsedv gus jis gotv cuul. Tu, xjev O vjopl qiuqmi piif vu miesp ot vjev ov DEP ci FUPI. Cav ov xomm piwis jeqqip xovjuav EDVOUP! O qsucecmz jewi nusi gsoipft vjev jewi fupi vjopht vjev O en katv puv sinincisoph sohjv pux. Opdmafoph tuni haz xju opwipvif tunivjoph demmif Vji Qeopv Csatj Duwis epf Vji Summis Duwis. Vjopht tiin vu ci nuwoph gusxesf seqofmz gus vjin epf gopemmz tvesvoph vu nuwi gus ni vuu.

Cuvj vji haovesotv epf vji eavjus jewi ciip etlif jux ov giimt vu ci ep uwispohjv tadditt. Cuvj howi vji teni eptxis. Vji qsuditt vuul vjin 20-30 ziest epf pux ov giimt hsiev!
 
Epf vjot ot xjz nutv qiuqmi xup'v apfistvepf xjz.
tadditt.kqh


Huuf madl, nevi, epf nez vji ufft ci gusiwis op zuas gewuas.
 
Epf vjot ot xjz nutv qiuqmi xup'v apfistvepf xjz.
tadditt.kqh


Huuf madl, nevi, epf nez vji ufft ci gusiwis op zuas gewuas.
Ovt tu vsai! Pu upi tiit vji jesf xusl!
Cav vjev xusl epf vji qsuditt esi vji qesvt vjev nevvis nutv!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom