The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nootropics & I (Progress Thread)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I feel there is a lot of gaps in between my updates because its not really worth it for me to post daily results.

So at this time I'd like to open up some time for questions from the followers of this thread:

What questions do you have specifically about my results or reactions or opinions?

Ask anything you'd like and I will do my best to answer it!

Cheers!
- Sam -

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
What would you reccommend as a really solid combination for great results and little research?

My personal favorite so far is Pramiracetam, CDP Choline, and Bacopa twice a day...I sometimes augment with Modafinil (to counter shitty sleep schedule) or sulbutiamine (for physical energy).

I also do Acetyl-L Carnatine, and Alpha Lipoic Acid + a couple fish oil caps each day. I also enjoyed noopept a while back, and will probably order a bit more of that.

Different people have different results though, so you gotta see what works for you. Just don't take too much stuff at once, or it'll be hard to tell what's working (or what's causing unpleasant side effects).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Are there natural only nootropics? Natural ingredients only. I'm not really comfortable taking drugs.

Of course! There are TONS of them out there, from what I take, most of them are natural. A few examples are Lion's Mane Mushroom, Bacopa Monnieri, L-Tyrosine, etc.

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Just wanted to post a quick update:

I have been very impressed with my stack in the past few days. I am truly feeling the benefits from them at all times, even 8-10 hours after taking them. The social improvements in particular.

I feel the Nootropics are unlocking the potential I have always had, I am understanding and remembering things regularly and I understand whole concepts rather than just steps to solve a problem.

For the first time in months I have felt like my old self, it had been at least 5 months since I have truly felt my old outgoing personality pre-concussion. I am completely amazed by how these have worked, and I am not addicted, I take them once a day during the week and never on weekends (with a few exceptions).

I will once again put them to the test this weekend when I take the ACT.

I wasn't sure what to expect when they said it takes a few weeks for the effects to fully kick in, but I understand now, and its uncanny. I feel wonderful, with my only side effects being stomach aches within the first hour of taking them because I drink some hand squeezed juice with them but don't eat anything, and I am tired once in a while, but a nap does the trick for that. And who knows the fatigue could be my grueling workout/run/school/study/sleep schedule all adding up, but who knows!

I am finally feeling like I will fully recover from my concussion, and it is such a relief.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Cheers,
Sam

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Artichoke extract + forskolin almost as good as Modafinil. I was told...

And "new mood" is basically 5HTP (the natural plant extract, not synthetic). You can get it much, much, much cheaper than that as "5HTP". 5HTP does work, especially if you are prone to depression.

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Alpha Brain testing: First report after 10 Days.

Some time ago I posted that I just have ordered AphaBrain. Just want to let you know my results:
Circumstances: I am still recovering from a serious mononucleosis so results may not be accurate!
Right at the moment I can’t do any sports, because the slightest physical stress I`ve get an nettle rash. The illness is basically away but my immune system is overreacting in a result. It will take several more weeks to settle down and acting normal again.

What did i take the last 10 days?
Alpha Brain: 1 in the morning 1 after noon
Shroomtech Sports: 1 in the morning
New Mood: 2 before bed.

- Overall Performance:
I don’t feel a great increase compared to the time before my illness, but compared to the actual time it’s a pretty good increase of brainpower. I have to take anti allergic pills here and there, before Alpha Brain those knocked me out totally. With Alpha Brain I can at least think and work. It feels like I am a little more focused, “the fog is cleared†and this at almost any time over the day.

- Motivation:
I think it`s up a good portion, but maybe that’s an effect from “Think and grow rich†which I am reading right now.
- Falling as sleep:
Works great! Quitting caffeine brought an increase, quitting smoking brought an increase and New Mood brought another one! It’s really easy for me right now to chill and fall as sleep very fast!

- Dreaming:
Increased rapidly! Till Alpha Brain I rarely could remember a dream at all! The first 2 days there was nothing, since then I can remember my dreams nearly every day and in much detail! And there is some really weird shit going on! I’ve dreamed at least the first chapter of a steam punk novel! Some examples: - I was fighting against Hitler as a spy in a steam punk world, postmodern with technology from the next century. – I was professional skiing in a really strange world. – My mechanic drove me to work and to shopping because my car was broken. To name just 3 dreams. I can really remember them in good detail.

- Getting up in the morning
gets a lot easier. I have my problems to get started before 9:30 what is not very good because my 9-5 starts at 9 ;). It feels like no problem right at the moment, and I don’t go to bed any earlier.

At least I can say there is a effect. If it’s worth the money? That’s hard to say. I will order another bottle of pills to continue testing. Maybe I take a break for a few days and see if there is any difference. If you plan to make a fantasy game or something creative the dreams may help! I am really looking forward to test this after i am fully recovered!

With kind regards
joschi

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Do you have a prescription for it?

Nope...mymodafinil.net got it to me in a couple weeks. Pretty reputable seller. Modup.net is supposed to be good for the UK.

I could get a script for it pretty easily, since I do shift work, and my sleep schedule is all manner of jacked up. Not for long though. The noots have at least gotten me to the point where I can make progress on my fastlane, and I should be out of the employment game in short order.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Maybe your brain is just that way, not sure about your age or other factors in your life.

They do seem to have an effect on me, but the less and less I take them I still seem to feel the affects. Probably because my brain is healing from a serious injury, but I think a big part of it is self confidence, I started experiencing anxiety and social difficulties after my concussion, and part of the push needed to get back on my feet was from Noots. I think now that I have regained what I had before (and then some) I will start to lean down on my stack to take it less frequently and only take what is essential (i.e no more caffeine).

I might try and get some modafinil for all nighters and for big tests/papers etc, but eventually I would like to only be taking a few things a day, one being Lion's Mane Mushroom, but having them if I need them is a safety net to reassure myself that if anything happens I have something to turn to (Whether it's placebo or not)

As for diet and exercise, I have that completely under control. I am 16, 6'1" and way about 155lbs, so I am in great shape, I run 4 miles multiple times a week (6.5min miles) and I workout 5 days a week, and for my diet, I eat 2 big meals a day and eat peanuts/trail mix/yogurt on the side. Haven't drank pop in over a year, I only drink tea (hot and cold) and water with some cranberry juice here and there.

The main factor in my decision is I wasn't successful after my concussion, I began to feel depressed, anxious, and overwhelmed with all of my make up work and the pressure to get caught up and continue with my already rigorous schedule. Noots have helped me with this, and by no means do I use them to make me smarter or do I rely on them, they are merely an aid that I hope to get away from.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
- Update -

Hey what's up guys, it's been a while since I posted an update, so I thought I would drop by to let you know how I am doing.

I have decided to start cutting back on what I have been taking. I started by alternating Sulbutiamine with Aniracetam so that I was taken one on Mon/Wed/Fri and the other on Tue/Thurs. I also cut caffeine out completely. Since then I started only taking my stacks every other day, and in the past week I have stopped taking it completely.

While I loved the fun of trying new things, researching, and testing, I feel that I don't want my life to depend on these supplements. Sure they are great and help a lot, but I want my success in life to be from hard work and overcoming the problems from my injury. I still have all of my supplements stashed just in case I need them on some crazy test day, or a long paper night. I will most likely use them from time to time but it will be on more of an as-needed basis, rather than a daily routine.

For anyone who is interested in trying them, I would definitely say give it a try. The experience is great, and it really does feel amazing, but I would not recommend using them regularly, it makes me feel like I am a druggy popping 20 pills a day, and I don't like how I started to rely on them for energy and motivation.

I strongly believe that this can aid individuals with Alzheimer's, and other conditions that effect memory, it truly helped mine.

I will continue to post here with any further positives or negatives that I experience, and if I learn anything new about Noots!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Thanks for starting this thread InLikeFlint I found it very interesting. My interest in the subject was rekindled today by a NY Mag article about modafinil. Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I've just ordered my first supply of piracetam as an experiment, not planning to go crazy with nootropics (just like you, I dislike the prospect of relying on them), but mainly because the past few weeks I have noticed an alarming deterioration in my cognitive/verbal capacity, possibly tied to taking a break from heavy caffeine use... I hope the pircetam helps me recover. I appreciate you sharing your story and I'm glad to read how it's helped you personally.

No problem! I am glad you are finding these posts and updates helpful! It's been a while since I've heard from the followers like Theag who was going to give them a go, hope all is well there!

I would say possibly see a doctor of some sort before trying them? I knew my symptoms were from my concussion and I wouldn't have tried them if it was just random, I'd say do it to rule out any extremities!

For verbal skills Aniracetam did wonders for me, I believe Piracetam has been known to help some, but Ani is the primary social skills pill. ALSO REMEMBER IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU TAKE A SOURCE OF CHOLINE WITH ANY FROM THE RACETAM FAMILY. Like it's completely essential, don't take the risk and not take it.

I look forward to seeing how it works for you!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Just today I've made ​​my order of Neurostim. Do you know something about this product?

The name sounds familiar, but nothing particular (good nor bad) comes to mind, if you send me the link though I'd be happy to take a look and give you my honest feedback!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
You can get more information here: https://store.mindnutrition.com/us/product/neurostim/

Let it be clear that I have no affiliation with that site.

Honestly, I've been researching and reading long hours for the past three days. So I think it is the best choice is Neurostim on everything I've read. In addition, it will complement with CDP Choline.

The good thing is that they also have a forum where they offer immediate support. For example here I raised my doubts: Any negative interaction with Neurostim or Neurochill + Atenolol?

Just took a look at the link..I do in fact remember reading about this, and I have read good things about the site overall.

Neurotism is not a stand alone Noot, it is formed from Aniracetam, Vinoceptine, ACh, and DMAE.

Aniracteam works wonders for social skills. I can personally account for the increased fluidity in words, quick tongue, and just a good overall confidence booster. I had no problem holding on a really good conversation with people I had never met, I felt more inclined to introduce myself, and was less shy towards everyone.

I have not used Vinoceptine, but it has been said to be amazing for performance of your brain. It increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to your brain which basically allows it to work longer and harder without having negative effects or tiring out. This will help the other compounds in the overall stack.

ACh I have also never used, but is said to be a source of Choline that is used up rapidly from Racetams.

DMAE produces more Choline which is really needed with Racetams.

Overall I think the stack looks good, it puts me at ease to know it contains Noots I have heard of instead of some random "THE REAL NZT PILL" on Amazon with sketchy photos and many grammatical errors in the description. I think this is a great starter and I would still recommend to supplement Choline with this because you can never have enough Choline, and too much shouldn't hurt you.

I look forward to hearing how this works out for you!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
A neuroscientist friend of mine is involved with a nootropics startup. He created a coupon code for me so I could share with you guys:

truBrain
code: truNumus

That gives you a 15% discount. I receive no kickback or commission for this. I just figured I'd share since it's an easy way to get into nootropics without having to do a lot of (expensive) trial and error to figure out a decent stack.

The blend they have there is pretty similar to what I take now, and it's actually cheaper and more convenient than ordering them all separately. And it's a hell of lot more convenient than ordering a bunch of strange powders from a stranger on ebay and trying to choke those down 2-3 times a day.

Great share awkwardgenius, I am sure a multitude of subscribers to this thread will find this very helpful, thanks for this!

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
Well here is my two-week update from a new Piracetam user. My dosage has been 1600mg of Piracetam 2x per day, with 310mg of choline bitartrate in the AM (and occasionally another in the PM).

I like it! It has not been a mind-blowing experience but I think there are significant benefits that I can notice. It's hard to describe exactly, or with certainty that it's caused by the Piracetam, because there are other factors like changes in my coffee routine etc. but my subjective experience is enough that I am going to keep using and experimenting with these types of products.

I'm also going to try modafinil, but definitely not planning to make that a regular thing because it seems there's more potential downside w/ that, compared to the racetams? It seems to me that Piracetam is improving my subjective experience (I can't measure cognitive enhancements like they'd do in clinical trials, so I could be benefiting in that area but uncertain of it) and possibly my productivity, but modafinil is maybe more likely to result in measurable results in terms of sheer productive output?

Awkwardgenius, when I need to replenish my Piracetam supply I might make use of that coupon code to your friend's site, thanks for that!

PS. wanted to suggest that, even though it's not a nootropic per se, it might be worth looking into trying chocolate made from a high percentage of cacao (usually spelled cacao, not the common cocoa, but it might even be the same thing). Not a Snickers bar but a high quality source. That stuff makes my brain happy and almost euphoric, can literally feel my brain being uplifted and elevated, but people's mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
I get the philosophy behind advising more "natural" methods of improvement thru continuous effort and learning, but there's an error in assuming that using things like nootropics implies that a person is not eating well, sleeping well, or making use of time management skills.

Update: in the past couple weeks I've tripled my dosage of Piracetam to 4.8g twice per day and the difference is even more noticable, I suspect I may have taken too low a dosage by starting off at 1.6g x 2/day. Still keeping choline the same. There are some unexpected subjective benefits I've noticed:

a) it seems to mitigate the downsides of caffeine use, I get the focus with coffee but with the addition of Piracetam, coffee doesn't seem to cause an unnecessary amount of tension and jittery-ness as it sometimes would, and lack of coffee does not seem to cause headaches or "withdrawal" as much.

b) since taking Piracetam I've been much more consistently going to sleep at a "normal" time. Whereas before I would almost always stay up till 3AM or 4AM, I'm now going to sleep at midnight or so. Staying up late did not cause problems in my daily functioning, but it's strange because now I am suspecting that there was some underlying anxiety that was causing me to avoid going to sleep previously, which for some reason Piracetam seems to have alleviated.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hey what's up guys!

It's been a while since I have responded to this thread...just wanted to let you know that I will be writing an 8+ page on Nootropics for my Psych class - obviously I won't be using my personal experience since no one knows I use them, but I will be doing some extensive research for the paper. The position I am taking is that Noots are positive and are worth using, I will be discussing general terms and usage, but also specific case studies and examples of the Noots and what they do.

If I find anything intriguing or shocking I will be sure to post it here, and if anyone is interested, you can contact me for a copy when I am finished.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
@InLikeFlint where was the best source for racetams? I kind of want to try aniracetam and one of the focus ones together. I would rather it be a pill than some powder crap.

And correct me if I'm wrong but I should take them with Choline to make it work?

I used Smart Powders for a while and they always had high quality stuff..but something like Pure Nootropics or Cognitive Nutrition should be fine as well. Amazon used to sell the Racetams but not anymore, and certain health stores (GNC as an example) will periodically carry them.

Yes Choline is essential with all Racetams otherwise you will experience headaches.

Cheers!
Sam

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
I tried ciltep + phenylpiracitam last week. I've tried some of the other racetams before and never really noticed any results. This was HIGHLY noticeable. It felt more like an execution tool than something you'd use regularly though. You definitely have to make sure that the thing you're doing is the thing you need to be doing. I'm not sure if it would be the right thing for everyone, but I'm going to keep a stash around for when shit needs to get done.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
@InLikeFlint thanks!!!! Would you go with Aniracetam and Noopept at the same time? Would this give me a well balanced focus and memory?

It has potential to do what you are asking, but everyone reacts differently to Noots and it is all about finding what works for you. For instance, some of my buddies love Adderall, but it makes me cranky and fatigued so I stick with Vyvanse, which they don't like.

I tried ciltep + phenylpiracitam last week. I've tried some of the other racetams before and never really noticed any results. This was HIGHLY noticeable. It felt more like an execution tool than something you'd use regularly though. You definitely have to make sure that the thing you're doing is the thing you need to be doing. I'm not sure if it would be the right thing for everyone, but I'm going to keep a stash around for when shit needs to get done.

The key is knowing the difference between an everyday stack and a "get shit done" stack. If you choose incorrectly you will be tiring yourself out when it isn't necessary. In my opinion, you can put together a nice little health stack to help in the long term and stick to that everyday and then have a kick a$$ stack that hits hard to use a few times a month when you really need to knock out a bunch of work.

After doing some research, I don't know if I want to take something that could potentially have permanent negative effects.

Something that would have a potential negative effect (beyond obscure side effects that can't be readily predicted) would not fall under the category of a Nootropic. By definition a Noot helps improve brain function, heals damaged parts of the brain, and protects from further harm. Something that could potentially hurt your brain might still be a "brain drug" but it can't be considered Nootropic. Some people dabble in both and mix and match for a stack, while some stick solely to the natural stuff. Seems like you would fall under the latter category. I can personally account for the healing effects the drugs have had on my brain, memory, and overall personality. However, Noots aren't for everyone and make sure you do your due diligence before stepping into an area that makes you uncomfortable!

Cheers!
Sam

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
(Spoiler Alert: That website is fake)

From what I just read showing your apparent trust for any website selling suppliments/drugs that looks official, I have to ask, where are you buying your Nootropics from, online? You should only get pills from reputable sources, those Canadian "pharmacies" are not legit. PLEASE I beg of you to use good judgement; at the least, just make sure your not putting laundry detergent into your body

I bought the samples from the official websites of the respective websites, and I am getting the powders off of Amazon. All of the things I have bought thus far have been tested and reviewed. They have testimonials, licenses, and lots of reviews. Thank you for your concern. I wasn't trusting the site above, I merely wanted to see the price they were asking, I have seen a lot of sketchy websites like the one linked, and if they can't make a halfway decent website I only look at it with a humorous standpoint, I wasn't seriously going to buy it.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
All of the things I have bought thus far have been tested and reviewed. They have testimonials, licenses, and lots of reviews.

You can easily purchase 'reviews' online

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Jeez - that's rough! Sorry to hear about the concussion.

I can't speak with any authority to the effectiveness of these supplements, so I'll keep any reservations to myself. I will say that the human brain has an amazing capacity to adapt. You've got youth and drive on your side, not to mention you live in a country with access to all sorts of great health care. I predict your brain will build new neural pathways to reduce your speach limitations and open a door to those memories again.

Brain injuries are scary things - here's to ya!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Received my Alpha Brain and Shroom Tech Sport samples on Friday but held off taking them until Saturday afternoon when I was going to do some studying.

- Update -

Day 1 - 1/12/13 took 1 Alpha Brain capsule at 3:50pm

I seemed to notice effects within the first 15 minutes, but I have reason to believe that was a placebo rather than actual results. I then got down to studying, I had to do some research for a project on a court case, I got going through the boring subject and text. Next thing I know I look up and its 5:30 and I have a full sheet of research done, I have read long articles on at least 3 websites on the case, and was listening to the recording of the case. Something I would normally hate I was doing with indifference. I can't say that I felt focused (How do you even describe that) but I did get some boring research done. I lost track of time, and the work I did was really well thought out. My work for the day was done at around 6 so I started doing some research on a few business projects, I zoomed through those and I felt like I was reading faster than usual and I seemed to be able to recall what I read better at the end of each article, but there is no way to know for sure. Then around 7:15 I had done all my work and business things I had lined up, I was surprised because normally I would allot 5-6 hours for this work that I got done in about 3 hours - chance? perhaps. I definitely noticed effects, but part of it could be placebo, or whatever. I think a stronger dose would have great effects for me.

Overall effects that I noticed: (Good and bad)
- Was so into my work that I lost track of time
- Faster typing
- Faster and more refined reading
- Overall calmness of my mood, normally during my intense study sessions I get frustrated at some point, none of that
- No distractions, usually I get up and do some pullups or open facebook or TFF or get something to eat or drink while I am studying, or text someone, but I was literally glued to my work. There was a point where I even got a text from a girl I am into and I didn't even pay any attention to it and didn't respond for like 4 hours ( Hard to get :p )
- My work was more thought out, when i was typing notes on an article I never used slang, every word was very descriptive and fit the situation perfectly. I was never reaching for words
- I was more organized
- My memory seemed stronger - both with what I had read/studied and with what work I needed to do, mid work I remembered that I needed to send some study guides I made to 3 underclassmen, and I got that out of the way. The thing is I told them I was going to do that prior to my concussion (September) and never remembered it until now.
- Only physical change I noticed was my pupils became dilated which is something that has happened to me multiple times an hour. Could be the noot or could be the concussion.
- I felt energized but not jittery, like I could run a marathon if I wanted but I didn't need to because I had work to do
- I honestly just felt amazing, I was never sad or angry or frustrated, I seemed happy and content with everything, I felt relaxed but I still felt like doing something

Day 2 - 1/13/13 took 2 pills at 1:50 pm

I decided to up the dose to 2 pills (Max is 4 per day) to see what changed. I felt the effects at about 20 minutes after taking it, I think the reason it took longer is I took it with my daily vitamins today so there was less placebo because taking vitamins is normal for me so it was less of an out-of-the-norm action in my day. I took it then made my bed and got my stuff ready to go study in a common room. When i got to the common room I stood there for like 5 minutes just looking around the room. I go there at least once a week so its nothing new but for some reason I was intrigued. I walked around looking out each window, going to the back side room, and then began organizing my working "station" I was going to sit on the couch with a table in front of me but then changed my mind because I needed a hard surface to write on so I sat at a big desk. For some reason I decided to wipe off the desk before because it was a little dusty, after like 15 minutes got my area perfectly set up (unusual for me to spend so much time on something like this). I got down to studying, looked up my assignments and saw that I had math homework, it was at least double the amount of problems that I normally have and wasn't due until tuesday. But without thinking I got down to working, it was hard shit, I probably forgot everything we had learned in class friday which didn't help. I never once got frustrated, I thought logically and figured everything out on my own, and didn't procrastinate at all. No distractions either. I then got to the hardest problems in the assignment, we are currently expanding and condensing logs and there were very very long ones I had to do. No problems whatsoever, I worked through them all on my own. It was amazing, it didn't make me smarter, but by taking away my procrastinations, distractions, and frustration I was able to logically solve every problem on my own with the knowledge I have already had.

Overall effects that I noticed: (Good or bad)
- Was so into my work that I lost track of time
- Faster typing
- Faster and more refined reading
- Overall calmness of my mood, normally during my intense study sessions I get frustrated at some point, none of that
- No distractions, usually I get up and do some pullups or open facebook or TFF or get something to eat or drink while I am studying, or text someone, but I was literally glued to my work. There was a point where I even got a text from a girl I am into and I didn't even pay any attention to it and didn't respond for like 4 hours ( Hard to get :p )
- My work was more thought out, when i was typing notes on an article I never used slang, every word was very descriptive and fit the situation perfectly. I was never reaching for words
- I was more organized
- My memory seemed stronger - both with what I had read/studied and with what work I needed to do, mid work I remembered that I needed to send some study guides I made to 3 underclassmen, and I got that out of the way. The thing is I told them I was going to do that prior to my concussion (September) and never remembered it until now.
- Only physical change I noticed was my pupils became dilated which is something that has happened to me multiple times an hour. Could be the noot or could be the concussion.
- I felt energized but not jittery, like I could run a marathon if I wanted but I didn't need to because I had work to do
- I honestly just felt amazing, I was never sad or angry or frustrated, I seemed happy and content with everything, I felt relaxed but I still felt like doing something
- My vision was different, I experienced crazy tunnel vision right after my concussion, and it felt like that, but not in a bad way. I was focused on what I was doing but I was inadvertently aware of all my surroundings, at one point I went to sign in and had to wait for the teacher to get there and I sat down and a bunch of freshman were eating pizza, being there RA I struck up a conversation with them. But I was reading a book on my phone at the same time, and still maintaining a perfect conversation with them, I wasn't looking around the room, but I could probably recall ever student that walked in and out of the room while I was there. The tunnel vision was more of focus vision where my primary goal was what I was doing, but if someone were to sprint past me I would have the reactions to be able to move out of the way, it was like nothing I had experienced before.
- One of my close friends was studying with me today (Different subjects but same room) and I literally didn't say a single word to him because I was so into my work.
- My focus and motivation were much stronger today with 2 pills instead of one.

I don't normally workout on weekends, so I won't be trying the Shroom Tech Sport until tomorrow afternoon, but I will report back with results.

Because of my wonderful first experience(s) with nootropics I have just placed an order for more. But this time I went with a little more advanced stuff rather than premade stacks because of price and Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping. I just ordered:
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 300mg (Capsules)
- Caffeine 200mg (Capsules)
- CDP Choline 250mg (Capsules)
- Sulbutiamine 200mg (Capsules)
- Aniracetam 750mg (Capsules)
- Noopept (Tablets)

They should get here Tuesday and Wednesday

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm also interested in brain doping. :propeller:

Do you have a recommendation for a great resource/site where to start my research? I first came across nootropics via bulletproofexec and will probably start from there. Just taking some "regular" supps daily right now.. d3, k2, magnesium, potassium, krill oil, betaine hcl, liposomal glutathione, bcaa, glutamin..

I tried some ritalin (Methylphenidat, a prescription drug) about 2 years ago for studying but it made me asleep instead of awake and focussed. Might have been the wrong dose. Maybe I'll buy some leftovers after the exams at my ex-uni are over haha.

Edit: argh, I knew I read your research source somewhere in your post, but I looked too far down all the time. got it now ;) Will probably order the onnit trinity pack (alpha brain, shroomtech sport, new mood) tomorrow.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Honestly, they should come out with an all natural nootropic supplement that is branded as NZT. People would be all over that.

I have been doing some thinking about turning Nootropics into something fastlane. I was thinking along the lines of:

Get a group of scientists and doctors together to do months of testing on each product using human and animal testing to see the side effects and benefits of each drug.

Offer a guarantee on it that it is safe (With the testing and research backing it) then have a lab create, package, and sell the nootropics.

The biggest pain in the a$$ has been finding a site with exactly what I want, at a good price, I am always bouncing around sites and it's annoying.

Offer a variety of products: (For example)

Oxiracetam -

Offer it in powder in different amounts (2g, 5g, 20g, 50g, etc etc)

Offer it in capsule form in different amounts (100mg, 200mg, 250mg, etc)

Offer it available in a premade stack where you pick the amounts and different noots in the capsule and they create it for you (Saves using powders or having to take 90 different pills)

Offer a custom bulk powder stack where you say I want X amount of this, Y amount of this, and Z amount of this and they create the powder mixture for you.

The site would also offer the best scale and caps available, and capping machines.

The site could be connected with a forum to discuss stacks, and pros and cons of each noot.

And there would be an option to customize your own and saved it and then it could be shipped monthly or every two months or at some interval

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Just ordered a pack of alpha brain, shroomtech sport, and new mood from the UK distributor. hope to have them by the end of the week and will share them with my girlfriend who currently has her exam preparation. Will report my results as soon as I can.

I'm especially interested in New Mood because they didn't have a trial pack, so let me know how it affects you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.