- Joined
- Aug 15, 2016
- Messages
- 79
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 167%
Hey people,
My first post here so bear with me. Brief intro I worked in a MLM company for two years, although all the negatives I saw and learnt the system where my 'manager' has his office space, fights the revolving door of salespeople, and makes a cut(50%) of the total commision paid by the company we are selling for. Now I LOVE SALES however the manager had to interview 50+ people a day and has a team of admins filtering resumes online to bring them in, then after selling the whole "you could be in your own office after 12 months" thing only 1 or 2 if that start.
They claimed they were in the sales business, but really It is a recruitment business more.
The reasons people quit:
1- no base just commision (I actually liked this as I like sales), however the commison was only like 20$ a sale and if you made 100$ in one day you would be a god.
2- no real contract or paperwork or benefits, it wasnt a job, they sold it as a job but you are actually an 'independent sales advisor' for X company and have no connection to your 'manager' they are just the middle men that train you to sell the product and in return take half your commission.
3- the work hours are 12 hour a day and 6 day sometimes 7 day weeks and guilt you so much that I never had a day off in two years, I worked selling out in the rain with food poisoning, injuries, sickness you name it and I was only late twice. (yeah im proud of it they taught me how to hustle thats about it).
Okay (deep breath) rant over. Now heres the reason Im writing to you lovely people, yeah MLMs are good for basics but nothing else blablabla. However there was this one manager, he was like the god everyone (including myself) looked up to, he made 2 million in revenue and growing year, HOW?
Well; heres his formula. 100 poor hungry commision only workers promised of there own office
20$ a sale 50% rep 50% manager
100,000 sales =319.5 sales a working day (313 days)
- rep cut = 1 mill
- recruitment exp
- Admin salary
- rent and resume website subscription
= a tidy 700k+ profit from this MLM
now what If someone was to file their own llc paperwork, broker a commision payout with a company for a higher ticket item, pay a base and enough benefits to create more of an actual sales career for their sales reps, and take a smaller cut of the profits, this would cut out the revolving door aspect. you could grow a sales FORCE! AN ARMY OF STRATTONITES!!! but a legal one, surely there would be no limit to how many workers you could hire and manage and every new sales rep you have would increase your sales revenue.
so tell me im a noob FLF robot, or tell me what you think about this, and if any of you has done this you are my hero. I hope this added value and I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread addressing my question.
Peace.
-
My first post here so bear with me. Brief intro I worked in a MLM company for two years, although all the negatives I saw and learnt the system where my 'manager' has his office space, fights the revolving door of salespeople, and makes a cut(50%) of the total commision paid by the company we are selling for. Now I LOVE SALES however the manager had to interview 50+ people a day and has a team of admins filtering resumes online to bring them in, then after selling the whole "you could be in your own office after 12 months" thing only 1 or 2 if that start.
They claimed they were in the sales business, but really It is a recruitment business more.
The reasons people quit:
1- no base just commision (I actually liked this as I like sales), however the commison was only like 20$ a sale and if you made 100$ in one day you would be a god.
2- no real contract or paperwork or benefits, it wasnt a job, they sold it as a job but you are actually an 'independent sales advisor' for X company and have no connection to your 'manager' they are just the middle men that train you to sell the product and in return take half your commission.
3- the work hours are 12 hour a day and 6 day sometimes 7 day weeks and guilt you so much that I never had a day off in two years, I worked selling out in the rain with food poisoning, injuries, sickness you name it and I was only late twice. (yeah im proud of it they taught me how to hustle thats about it).
Okay (deep breath) rant over. Now heres the reason Im writing to you lovely people, yeah MLMs are good for basics but nothing else blablabla. However there was this one manager, he was like the god everyone (including myself) looked up to, he made 2 million in revenue and growing year, HOW?
Well; heres his formula. 100 poor hungry commision only workers promised of there own office
20$ a sale 50% rep 50% manager
100,000 sales =319.5 sales a working day (313 days)
- rep cut = 1 mill
- recruitment exp
- Admin salary
- rent and resume website subscription
= a tidy 700k+ profit from this MLM
now what If someone was to file their own llc paperwork, broker a commision payout with a company for a higher ticket item, pay a base and enough benefits to create more of an actual sales career for their sales reps, and take a smaller cut of the profits, this would cut out the revolving door aspect. you could grow a sales FORCE! AN ARMY OF STRATTONITES!!! but a legal one, surely there would be no limit to how many workers you could hire and manage and every new sales rep you have would increase your sales revenue.
so tell me im a noob FLF robot, or tell me what you think about this, and if any of you has done this you are my hero. I hope this added value and I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread addressing my question.
Peace.
-
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
