The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nomad Capitalist Offer

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
For those of you interested in offshoring &/or second citizenships &/or living abroad, Nomad Capitalist Andrew Henderson has just launched his first book on that stuff, & is doing an offer to help launch sales figures. I have absolutely zero affiliation with this, I'm just putting it here cause I know some of you might be interested. Part of the offer (besides I think a lower opening book price) is attending a free online masterclass, & as someone who's been subscribed to his stuff for a while, I can tell you he genuinely doesn't normally do them. He does offer a service to help you plan & set this stuff up though, so it might be a bit sales funnel-y, but I am expecting there to be some interesting info too. He's done enough free, interesting blog posts for me to think so. Anyway, here's the link for the offer details, so it's up to you:

http://nomads.lpages.co/book/

& his normal site, for those who would like to poke it with a stick first:

Nomad Capitalist | Keep more of your money. Build your freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
What qualifies him to give legal advice? His page as a lot of "unlike lawyers" stuff. So how can he say his methods are 100% legal if he's not a lawyer?

Fair enough, he's not a lawyer. I think he can give advice from an experience point of view having done lots of bank account opening/second passport getting/etc. personally, & I think he does a fairly good job of explaining his value add here:

(edited by me for brevity!)

If you want to get second residency in Panama, you can call a lawyer in Panama.
That lawyer can sell you a service, but you might be missing out on a far better opportunity for that second passport by only calling lawyers in one country. What if your best option is actually in Belgium… or Colombia… or Singapore? The guy in Panama won’t know much if anything about Singapore, and he certainly won’t tell you to go to another country. After all, he sells Panama. That’s his business.

When I started doing this stuff years ago, it seemed that no one person knew how to put all of the pieces of the puzzle together. The only option was to call a bunch of those fancy lawyers in different countries and try to make it work yourself. You can create an offshore company, or open some bank accounts, or get a passport, but I’ve found that the key is making all of those things work together. That’s what I’ve spent years of my life doing: figuring out how to put all the pieces of the puzzle fit together to get the end result of more money, more time, and more freedom.

All in all though, I treat it as interesting information, & ideas. I imagine if one consulted with him, there would be lawyers involved too, but I'm not necessarily recommending anyone consult with him - I've never done it myself! I've just read some of his articles, etc. & as someone interested in this topic, I've had some good reads. I expect I'll enjoy his book. Posted this here in case others might!

KPL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 9, 2018
New Zealand
Thanks for this!

I just grabbed a copy of the book which was rediculously cheap at $3.43. I've been following him for a while and like the way he approaches and tackles offshoring.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
For those of you interested in offshoring &/or second citizenships &/or living abroad, Nomad Capitalist Andrew Henderson has just launched his first book on that stuff, & is doing an offer to help launch sales figures. I have absolutely zero affiliation with this, I'm just putting it here cause I know some of you might be interested. Part of the offer (besides I think a lower opening book price) is attending a free online masterclass, & as someone who's been subscribed to his stuff for a while, I can tell you he genuinely doesn't normally do them. He does offer a service to help you plan & set this stuff up though, so it might be a bit sales funnel-y, but I am expecting there to be some interesting info too. He's done enough free, interesting blog posts for me to think so. Anyway, here's the link for the offer details, so it's up to you:

http://nomads.lpages.co/book/

& his normal site, for those who would like to poke it with a stick first:

Nomad Capitalist | Keep more of your money. Build your freedom.

Just bought the book. Thanks!

G

Guest06196

@Mutant Thanks for the info. Just bought the book.

@AgainstAllOdds Thanks for the reply post. I only clicked this thread because I saw AgainstAllOdds. Too many posts every day & I'm still catching up with quite a few Gold threads. Looks like the odds of finding good ones are a lot better this way.

NanoDrake

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Feb 25, 2018
Malta
how many 2nd passports he has? i remember only the Comoros one (which are notoriously full of white english accent boys)

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
how many 2nd passports he has? i remember only the Comoros one (which are notoriously full of white english accent boys)

He renounced his US citizenship in 2017, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and see say he has a more powerful passport than Comoros.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Just bought the Kindle version. Good price at $2.99... and an interesting topic. Thanks for the heads up and introduction! See y'all in the master class? :smile:

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Only read the first chapter so far, but I can already tell this is going to be a book I will really enjoy.

Might not be as applicable to everyone, but the idea of breaking free from the bounds of the system to improve your own personal freedom and happiness is something a lot of us could benefit from doing.

I encourage you to pick up this book if you have any inkling of interest! I'm glad I did. Thanks again, @Mutant!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Here's my review after reading a few chapters that I was interested in:

Book is worth the $2.99. Writing is great. Easy to read. The book provides a good overview of things to think about. Even if you're not planning to set up anything overseas, it's fascinating to read about and develop a better understanding of what's possible and how rich people think.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Here's my review after reading a few chapters that I was interested in:

Book is worth the $2.99. Writing is great. Easy to read. The book provides a good overview of things to think about. Even if you're not planning to set up anything overseas, it's fascinating to read about and develop a better understanding of what's possible and how rich people think.
Same. The book resonates a lot with me and my line of thinking. Worth every penny.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Got a few more chapters in... absolute GOLD thus far. Great writing style and is happy to provide alternatives to the herd mentality and systems that many people are born into blindly accepting.

GO WHERE YOU'RE TREATED BEST! :cool:

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
He's a smart person who I really like. He does a lot of work and offers a lot of relevant free advice. I strongly recommend him. I'm sure I'll get this book.

I mean so much of this is complicated. I like his business style too. Offer a good deal of info but of course, hold back the most pertinent advice in order to make money (obviously). He gives you the feeling of wanting more.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like a good read, sounds like it gives some UNSCRIPTED options for those wanting to take it further.

When you guys are finished, let me know if I should add to the Booklist for Fastlaners.

G

Guest06196

When you guys are finished, let me know if I should add to the Booklist for Fastlaners.

@MJ DeMarco I've finished the book. Here is my take.

The book is definitely worth the price and contains a good amount of useful information. A lot of forum users are his target audience, entrepreneurs who travel a lot and do business online.

However, readers need to bear in mind that the book is in essence a 279-page sales copy for his services. Expect the following:
1. More problems than solutions. Crucial details are left out.
2. A lot of fears are used, accompanied by interesting anecdotes (events), again without the process (details, know-how).
3. One-sided arguments for the benefits of his philosophy.

The later chapters can be skimmed through because they are basically the same design: more fears while, in my opinion, somewhat overreaching for the topic of investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
@MJ DeMarco I've finished the book. Here is my take.

The book is definitely worth the price and contains a good amount of useful information. A lot of forum users are his target audience, entrepreneurs who travel a lot and do business online.

However, readers need to bear in mind that the book is in essence a 279-page sales copy for his services. Expect the following:
1. More problems than solutions. Crucial details are left out.
2. A lot of fears are used, accompanied by interesting anecdotes (events), again without the process (details, know-how).
3. One-sided arguments for the benefits of his philosophy.

The later chapters can be skimmed through because they are basically the same design: more fears while, in my opinion, somewhat overreaching for the topic of investment.
I'm in a similar boat. Solid book with plenty of food for thought in regard to the potential tax savings of moving abroad. It is something I have been wanting to do for some time and this book has given me enough insight to get the ball rolling. Still a lot of research to do for my particular situation, but I'm working through the process.

I'd definitely recommend it even if it does get a little pitch happy near the end. Just like any book, take the valuable information and leave the rest.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Looks like a good read, sounds like it gives some UNSCRIPTED options for those wanting to take it further.

I'd recommend him the same way I'd recommend Dale H. for training guppies.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Thought it gave good value. He tends to use 1100 words where 250 would probably do the trick. Then repeats that 4 times.

It did introduce some lines of thought that I had never even considered nor would ever come across otherwise. So, a worthy read for the time invested.

Wim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 13, 2018
Belgium
Who?

But in short, not really worth the read, then? While money's cheap, time's not.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Seems to be dependant on where you're at.
Got some interesting ideas in an easy read if you're new to this kinda stuff (which I still basically am).
Beyond that, if you're looking to implement, this is probably not the thing to read.

Wim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 13, 2018
Belgium
Beyond that, if you're looking to implement, this is probably not the thing to read.
Thanks for a clear and honest evaluation, @Mutant.

I'm pretty new to this stuff too. Actually checked out his site (bc his book's part of his funnel, naturally) and was shot down for not living in the right country. Actually couldn't even book a "consulting call" with one of his people.

I'm looking to get started, get the business-legal side strong and have a nice income. Then I'll have time for this. Not really worried as I'll prob be traveling for a nice bit :p

One of the pieces to the puzzle I was considering was a UK LLC. But with the political circus atm, I'm not too sure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.