The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Skill, No Problem! - Freelancing is Easy!

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
Before you murder me, let me just share this story with you:
Three days ago, I had no idea what to do. I had no money to start anything, no job to turn to for income.
Two days ago, It crossed my mind to go Freelance.
Yesterday, my account on Freelancer.com was ready for use.
Now, I've made a long-term deal on a 4hr/day article writing/copywriting job, $20 a day.

$20 a day = $600 a month
That does indeed sound, feel, look and is no more than petty change. But, here's the deal. I'm not American. That means it's not petty change any more. It's relevant.
So relevant, in fact, that it'll fund a website I'm going to make, letting me into the Fastlane.

And no, I'm by no means a crazy good writer with years of experience, a college degree... Actually I haven't got any degree at all. I also have no experience in writing articles, using the site, and basically no education on either writing content or writing copy.

There's no trace of a professionall profile picture(it's a 1959 Cadillac Cyclone).
My bio isn't a perfectly tailored, impeccable piece of copywriting art(it's along the lines of: I'll do the best I can, ps, isn't the Cadillac lovely? I've had no time to take a proper picture).
I've got no reviews AT ALL. Not a single one.

In fact, the only proper thing about my profile is a well-done English level 1 test, at 95% correct.

So, how does a guy like this(in almost every way the wrong guy for the job), actually get the job, the day after he starts freelancing?

It's about perspective. You see, It may make all of the sense in the world to think I'm the most horrible choice for a project. But it doesn't matter. Why? Because it's wrong.

Yes, it's majestic to have a fancy diploma, enough months of study and practice to pump the ego big enough to get the courage to start working, and the shiny freelancer profile with all the credentials.

A little secret - THEY ARE USELESS!
You see, the employer is there because he wants his shit done. They are busy people, with endless work waiting to be done.

You don't just go into a busy person's face and shout:
"Look! Look how nice my cheek dimples look in this profile picture! Look at this expensive-a$$ diploma! I dare you to count all the credentials I got on this profile!"

This is the secret: They don't want a college graduate. They don't want a model. They don't want the biggest freelance badge-collector!

They want their work done for them, and they want it done properly. For all they care, it could be done by a genie, or a monkey. They want the result without the work, and they can afford it.

This is the kind of pitch I send:

"Hello. I'll write the articles you need, no problem. With great English, you don't have to worry about editing. Ready to go, I can drop anything and work whenever you need me to. I've already done some preliminary work, let me know if I should continue. You'll get one article for free, as a sample and introduction."
The pitch isn't custom-made for you, but you can still understand, can't you?
How long has it been since you've read a proposal with that much value in it? THAT IS THE POINT! No employer wants an employee. They're a pain in the a$$. They want a dream, a fantasy, a work machine like no other. Embody that machine, and your opportunities are endless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
You're going to make it in this game we call business...because you already have.

Darko Jocic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jul 14, 2014
Serbia
@AndrewNC Thank you. I'm honored to receive such praise.

Remember guys, It's not only money that is like a cat. Everything with a tendency is, too.
- Just dangle whatever it is someone wants in front of their face, and watch them follow you.

Of course, even the blindest of men will eventually see the line from which it hangs. NEVER FAIL TO DELIVER!
People are not as simple as iron. You can't just bring a magnet and have them stick. At least not for long.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.