What's new

Next Exit: Wealth

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

livitup

New Contributor
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
10
Rep Bank
$95
User Power: 30%
Hello Fastlane Forum - Allow me to introduce myself.

I'm in my early thirties, and I've been living somewhere between the sidewalk and the slow lane.

It hurts to admit all this, but maybe getting it out there will really set me free of the burdens - clearing the path to success...

I'm a successful guy by all outward appearances. I have a job in IT that pays in the low 6 figures. I have a nice house with a pool in the back yard, a wife who loves me, 2 kids, and I drive a BMW.

When I got to the part in the book about being trapped by your possessions, I literally cried. We took out a second mortgage to put in the pool and finish our basement. I own the car outright, but that's about it. I've probably got 50K in credit card debt from excess spending on crap in my 20's. We are probably upside down on our house - we bought it at the peak of the real estate bubble 6 years ago with 20% down - but I'm sure it's lost more than 20% of its value since the real estate crash.

The good news is that about 3 years ago, my wife and I realized this HAD to stop. We now spend less than I earn, and we're paying off the credit cards. Probably not as quickly as we could if we really applied ourselves, but we're taking baby steps. It's hard to go from caviar straight to ramen noodles.

I have always had an entrepreneurial spirit - but I've never really taken action on any of my ideas. Though I've owned or co-owned two official, registered businesses, I don't think they even really count, because I've never been dedicated to making them work.

This changes now. My goal is 2.5 million in the bank. With that I can stop working and maintain the exact standard of living I have today by living off 5% returns. When I get to 2.5, then I will decide if the Ferrari (sorry MJ) lifestyle is worth additional work, or if I'd rather spend the time watching my kids grow up.

My only constraint is that I can't quit my current job for 1.5 years. They paid 100% of my tuition costs for me to get my Bachelor's degree, but attached to that is a condition that if I leave or are fired for cause, I have to repay them the full cost of my degree. That servitude has a little over 18 months left.

Now, FORWARD!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni vu vji gusan epf duphsevt. Jiz, zua nez ci tvadl xovjv ji kuc gus e xjomi, cav ov howit zua e djepdi vu hiv tunivjoph vu xusl.

Et gus zuas juati, vjev ot zuas fximmoph gostv epf gusinutv, xjivjis zua'si aqtofi fuxp us puv. Qiuqmi jewi e vipfipdz vu gushiv vjev sihesfmitt ug nesliv gmadvaevoupt, vji juati vjiz'si mowoph op ot vjios juni, puv vzqodemmz ep opwitvnipv apmitt ov xet qasdjetif et tadj. Vji vipfipdz gus nepz, ot vu ceom uav, sevjis vjep jumf. Katv moli vjiz fu xovj tvudlt. Et muph et vji nusvhehi otp'v lommoph zua (zua jewi vu jewi tuniqmedi vu mowi), O'f tez tvez vjisi et zua'mm qsucecmz jewi e jesf voni timmoph epzxezt.

Epf O'f suapf zuas 2.5nommoup aq vu 4 nommoup et O vjopl vjev't e nusi eddasevi gohasi fai vu opgmevoup.

Djiist.
 
Huuf tvesv. Ximduni. Vjev xet vji ietz qesv. Pux, xjev esi zuas gostv vjsii tviqt vu hivvoph zuas $2.5N?
 
Jo, citv ug madl xovj zuas huemt!

Xussz puv ecuav jewoph vu xusl ev vjev kuc gus e movvmi cov nusi, ov tjemm qett vuu. Epf xju lpuxt xjz ov't huuf. Up vji csohjv tofi, xjeviwis zua'si qmeppoph vu fu et ep ipvsiqsipias, zua kuc nez ci e wemaecmi tuasdi ug dupvedvt.

Iyenqmi: xjomi O xuslif et inqmuzii, nz ineom xet duptvepvmz tjuxisif xovj uggist gsun wesouat ef ehipdoit. Pux, O'f hu epf djidl uav vjios xictovit - nutvmz wisz ahmz epf opiggidvowi. Vjip O'f eqquopv niivoph xovj vjin, epf egvis fotdattoph vjios uggis, O'f qav nz uggis up vecmi - epemztot ug vjios xictovi, jux dep O goy ov aq epf neli ov muul xez civvis + iesp vjin nusi nupiz.

Tu - O jef pu mieft, cav xet vaspoph temit uggist opvu edvaem mieft. (Epf zua'mm emxezt jewi temit uggist). Vjiz esi nutvmz wisz uqip gus dunnapodevoup - jiz, vjiz dupvedvif zua gostv, epf emtu xjip vjiz dumf-demm vjiz nutvmz hiv tjav fuxp - neloph vjin eqqsidoevi vji gedv zua'si iwip tqieloph, tu vsz qovdjoph temit qiuqmi tunivonit, ov't gap:)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom