The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie Importers Success?

mikeobi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 4, 2015
California
Hey guys,

So I've always been interested in international business and e-commerce so I've gotten into importing. Right now I'm just waiting for and acquiring samples, but I wanted to know if any of you importers who have started not long have had any success? It would be great motivation!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There are dozens of related stories here on the forum. Spend some time here and you can discover a ton of information that will probably be useful on your journey. You're going to have to look for it, and spend the time to do the research… But it will be worthwhile.

mikeobi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 4, 2015
California
There are dozens of related stories here on the forum. Spend some time here and you can discover a ton of information that will probably be useful on your journey. You're going to have to look for it, and spend the time to do the research… But it will be worthwhile.

Thank you

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
There are many progress threads here of people who have started within the last 3, 6, 12, 18 months who are successful in my opinion. There is nothing special about these people, they are no smarter or better connected than you they just go out and get it done. They make progress everyday and have a drive to succeed. Theres no reason you cannot be just as successful or more successful.

There will be ups and downs you just have to keep moving forward and try not to let the highs and lows affect you too much. Let the success go to your head, and you might stop working or spend money on stupid stuff. Let the lows consume you and you might give up or let it destroy your self esteem. It's a roller coaster, a journey, and theres no reason you cannot do it... so go, do

mikeobi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 4, 2015
California
There are many progress threads here of people who have started within the last 3, 6, 12, 18 months who are successful in my opinion. There is nothing special about these people, they are no smarter or better connected than you they just go out and get it done. They make progress everyday and have a drive to succeed. Theres no reason you cannot be just as successful or more successful.

There will be ups and downs you just have to keep moving forward and try not to let the highs and lows affect you too much. Let the success go to your head, and you might stop working or spend money on stupid stuff. Let the lows consume you and you might give up or let it destroy your self esteem. It's a roller coaster, a journey, and theres no reason you cannot do it... so go, do

Thanks. I know I can do it, just that when i hear success stories from people who are quite fresh they are interesting to see, plus it ups my motivation.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I'm new to the import scene. Stared only in the past few months. If by successful you mean profitable then I just did it.

I did start a thread on my process. You can find it by searching for threads of mine.

It has been very rewarding, full of ups and downs in a very short period of time.

But I like to learn by just doing it. Bit me in the butt a few times... but I know now how to do it even better on my second round :)

It's not hard, it's not easy. It just takes doing it.

mikeobi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Mar 4, 2015
California
I'm new to the import scene. Stared only in the past few months. If by successful you mean profitable then I just did it.

I did start a thread on my process. You can find it by searching for threads of mine.

It has been very rewarding, full of ups and downs in a very short period of time.

But I like to learn by just doing it. Bit me in the butt a few times... but I know now how to do it even better on my second round :)

It's not hard, it's not easy. It just takes doing it.

I'll look. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.