D
Deleted2BB3x9
Guest
New to E-Commerce? Me too. I've decided to start this thread to give back to this amazing community, provide some value and hold me accountable so I don't get lazy lol. First of all, I'd like to thank Biophase and JasonR for your E-Commerce Threads, they are a great source of motivation and a goldmine of value. Thanks.
Now a bit about myself: I'm Ben. I'm new to the forums, I posted a thread about starting a content website a while ago but I've decided to switch gears (It just wasn't my thing). So I've decided to go with E-Commerce. I also have experience in copywriting so that helps, E-Commerce is like a giant mail order catalog. But the bottom line is I'm a newb. I've never started a business before and pretty much haven't accomplished anything yet. So, I'm starting this thread for those who really haven't started to take action yet. Hopefully this thread will be able to show how I go from Zero to Hero.
Basically the only thing I've done so far is pick a niche, but I must say IT'S A KILLER NICHE. I don't want to reveal too much but I'll say that is has no competition whatsoever (except big box stores but I'm confident I can outrank them) and 100,000+ searches a month. I've also written down a list of the distributors, there's 50!
I also have some questions, should I contact the distributors before customizing my site? (Just so I can find out the margins) and what kind of licenses and permits do I need? Should I register my business before contacting the distributors? I'm in Canada.
I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback! I'll keep you updated!
P.S. I will be using Bigcommerce.
P.P.S. Here's a summary of what I've done so far :
-Learning copywriting (handwriting an hour per day)
-Learning SEO
-Researched and picked a niche
-Signed up for Bigcommerce trial
-Registered domain name
-Bought a NUANS report for corporation name
Now a bit about myself: I'm Ben. I'm new to the forums, I posted a thread about starting a content website a while ago but I've decided to switch gears (It just wasn't my thing). So I've decided to go with E-Commerce. I also have experience in copywriting so that helps, E-Commerce is like a giant mail order catalog. But the bottom line is I'm a newb. I've never started a business before and pretty much haven't accomplished anything yet. So, I'm starting this thread for those who really haven't started to take action yet. Hopefully this thread will be able to show how I go from Zero to Hero.
Basically the only thing I've done so far is pick a niche, but I must say IT'S A KILLER NICHE. I don't want to reveal too much but I'll say that is has no competition whatsoever (except big box stores but I'm confident I can outrank them) and 100,000+ searches a month. I've also written down a list of the distributors, there's 50!
I also have some questions, should I contact the distributors before customizing my site? (Just so I can find out the margins) and what kind of licenses and permits do I need? Should I register my business before contacting the distributors? I'm in Canada.
I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback! I'll keep you updated!
P.S. I will be using Bigcommerce.
P.P.S. Here's a summary of what I've done so far :
-Learning copywriting (handwriting an hour per day)
-Learning SEO
-Researched and picked a niche
-Signed up for Bigcommerce trial
-Registered domain name
-Bought a NUANS report for corporation name
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
