The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New York

naushad1289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 6, 2011
I am down to meetup. I live in Manhattan. I don't care if it is just us two

WilliamL

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 15, 2013
New York City
Hey, good to see some locals! Naushad, I attend Baruch so I'm in Manhattan most days. The semester is over but I'd definitely have no problem meeting up in the city. Mostwanted, you should definitely come down and join us!

naushad1289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 6, 2011
Awesome. Let me know when you are free to meetup. I live in the city so anytime works for me.

Fastlane Fire

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 18, 2013
San Diego
I'm down to meet in Manhattan, although I'm upstate I can make it during the week/weekends depending on my job schedule.

Jimi L

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 8, 2014
Hey guys, new to the forum and just read the book in January. Has anyone had a New York meet up yet? I'm interested in networking.
Is there any groups or events?
I'm in manhattan most of the time.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
@pcharles funny I just moved out of Astoria, in NJ now but i'm down

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
I am in pittsburgh, but travel to ny often. if you guys end up meeting, post it here and maybe i'll be in town to meet up.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
I'm in Brooklyn and definitely down to meet. I've checked the meetups on meetup.com and nothing stood out to me. If you guys are serious lets organize something. Until I quit my job (probably in May) I'm down to meet on weekends.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pcharles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 1, 2013
New York
Saturdays work best for me. We should pick somewhere in NYC where it's easy to get to (42nd St, Union Sq,... you get the idea)

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
When can everyone do this? I can only do weekends

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
I'm quitting my job on 3/21, I feel like this thread has gone on too long without anything happening. Able to meet anywhere downstate any time with some notice, lets make something happen. I'd also say lets do a brief intro so we can see what kind of members we've got.

-Tiny bit of affiliate marketing experience.
-Mechanical/ design engineer by trade. Can offer insight on design/ prototyping (3D printing, etc)/ manufacturing processes.
-After I leave my job next week I'm going to get into copywriting/ marketing, and start making some actionable moves soon after.

Lets set a tentative date, first or second Saturday of April so people who don't check this thread often have some notice? Lets make it happen guys.

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
Hi Everyone -
Has anyone been able to meet up so far? I can't tell from the thread. I live in Queens but can meet anywhere that's convenient.
If williamL is cool with it I'll help coordinate everyone with a venue and such just to make it happen....
thanks guys!

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
ok guys - if your not included in the emails going back and forth here it is :

I scouted locations around NYC / Union square area - best place I could find is Le Pain Quotidien off Union Square. The venue has nice long family style tables that will fit all of us comfortably. It gets busy around 1pm, so I'll get their early and get seats. The staff are awesome, I spoke with them... said we wouldnt have to wait more then 10 minutes tops to get seats IF we had to wait at all...
Its 801 broadway :

http://www.lepainquotidien.com/store/union-square/#.U1coMfldXy4

So Far we have confirmed :
Nitroheadz28
Yury Byalik
Fastlane Fire
Pcharles
Kwilliams1112

maybe :
Visionmk

Timeframe :
1pm till 3pm - or when it ends.

What we want to cover :
- intro - who are you? why the fastlane? what are you working on? what would you say are your special skills or area of expertise?
-what do we want to get out of this meetup?
-assign accountability partners to hold us to our goals. kick us in the butt if we dont make progress. ( this is really cool. just make sure you have a skype name ( its free if you dont).
- based on our skills sets , how can we best help each other?
-Set the agenda for the next meeting.

This is a rough outline, I'll tweak it a bit before the meeting - PLEASE add anything you think I left out or might be relevant, want to discuss, etc.
think about some books that have helped you - websites you read or anything that would add value to the group.

I'll also bring my laptop and Ipad to see where things go - maybe we can do some live research - or wherever the conversation takes us.

You guys also have my phone number call or text me if your running late.. got a flat... hit the lotto... whatever. Im pretty responsive.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited:

dfontes1188

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2013
Im from the Boston area. Starting in a couple weeks I'll have Saturdays off. I'm deffinately interested in coming out to NYC and meeting you guys.

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
Im from the Boston area. Starting in a couple weeks I'll have Saturdays off. I'm deffinately interested in coming out to NYC and meeting you guys.
Dfontes - would be great to have you! Will keep you in the loop, let you know how the first meeting goes and what the next meetings look like...

pcharles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
May 1, 2013
New York
ok guys - if your not included in the emails going back and forth here it is :

I scouted locations around NYC / Union square area - best place I could find is Le Pain Quotidien off Union Square. The venue has nice long family style tables that will fit all of us comfortably. It gets busy around 1pm, so I'll get their early and get seats. The staff are awesome, I spoke with them... said we wouldnt have to wait more then 10 minutes tops to get seats IF we had to wait at all...
Its 801 broadway :

http://www.lepainquotidien.com/store/union-square/#.U1coMfldXy4

So Far we have confirmed :
Nitroheadz28
Yury Byalik
Fastlane Fire
Pcharles
Kwilliams1112

maybe :
Visionmk

Timeframe :
1pm till 3pm - or when it ends.

What we want to cover :
- intro - who are you? why the fastlane? what are you working on? what would you say are your special skills or area of expertise?
-what do we want to get out of this meetup?
-assign accountability partners to hold us to our goals. kick us in the butt if we dont make progress. ( this is really cool. just make sure you have a skype name ( its free if you dont).
- based on our skills sets , how can we best help each other?
-Set the agenda for the next meeting.

This is a rough outline, I'll tweak it a bit before the meeting - PLEASE add anything you think I left out or might be relevant, want to discuss, etc.
think about some books that have helped you - websites you read or anything that would add value to the group.

I'll also bring my laptop and Ipad to see where things go - maybe we can do some live research - or wherever the conversation takes us.

You guys also have my phone number call or text me if your running late.. got a flat... hit the lotto... whatever. Im pretty responsive.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

See you all then!

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
ok Guys -
First meetup was awesome, time for the second round. Next one is already scheduled for the Saturday the 31st.
For anyone who did not make the first meeting and is still interested please PM me for details ( location, time, etc)
thanks!

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Damn, I would be interested in meeting up with you guys. I will be traveling to the West Coast for a Fastlane Project so will not be around that day. Maybe I can catch you for round number 3.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I'm in Western Mass, is this still going on?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.