The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New website in the works. Tell me what you think!!

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
Hi guys,
I've read millionaire fastlane about 2 years ago now, and have yet to think of an opportunity for me to thrive. I have been a stock broker for 3 years, worked for Morgan Stanley as a Financial Adviser and than moved my book of business to Wells Fargo Advisors where I stand now. However, I am sick of my performance and sales skills getting everyone rich but myself. So I have developed a website (work in progress) dedicated to help salesman in all industry's. I have a forum where members can discuss any obstacles they are facing or difficult they are having in the career. I have become a master at sales from the many books I have read and training I have endured from the companies listed above. I received rookie of the year at my brokerage firm, and at Wells Fargo I have been consistently exceeding my goal by 500%+. Now I want to share my skills with the world. Please check out my website, and let me know what you think. Any input / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you successful selling and emphasizing value

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
S

stranger

Really I didn't find any useful information at the site, only promises. The site looks like a playbill for now. Hope you'll put more things there.

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
What do you suggest I add? My thought was if I put too much information that no one would need to become a member. My goal is to have an open discussion and forum for anyone in the sales industry who is having trouble. The turnover rate in sales professions is 95%! I have mastered sales, mastered the overcoming of objections and perfecting my delivery with much practice. I placed a donate button just as a high hopes button if people supported the cause and appreciated my help. Im new to web developing, so please give suggestion or advice on what to change. Thank you

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
Also, what do you mean it looks like a playbill? please explain. I wanted to have people on this forum see my site, and have the feedback of successful internet company founders input.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Ok...so I didn't spend much time on your site on purpose. I figured 10-15 seconds may be average...maybe less, for the average person. I wanted to see if I could be pulled into what you are offering. I was not.

Here's why...for me..and maybe for others. What I'd like to see is something like

I received rookie of the year at my brokerage firm, and at Wells Fargo I have been consistently exceeding my goal by 500%+
....I'll show you how to do the same in any sales position you're in. or something like that.

Tell me right off the bat what's in it for me. Make it palatable. I want to 'feel' it...'taste' it....make me feel like I definitely need what you are offering. Then...make me a great offer with a guarantee. Sorry if you did that further down on your page. Like I said, If I were looking, I wouldn't have stayed.

You may very well have something great to offer but you have to convince people of that. If this meets all criteria of the fastlane, and you believe it...go for it !

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback it is greatly appreciated! I will make the proper adjustments and emphasize my value proposition

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
It looks like you took a generic html template and through some vague sales words and ads on it.

I suggest you do a lot more reading on offering value online and building a following.

Hint: It has nothing do with mentioning the word "I" a bunch of times as the sales prop.

S

stranger

Also, what do you mean it looks like a playbill? please explain. I wanted to have people on this forum see my site, and have the feedback of successful internet company founders input.
Ok, I get your website as a try to sell me something. I saw the some pictures and your promise that you have something great to teach me. But I didn't seek any evidence you are the cool sale-person on the site. I'm sure you're one, but you don't show it clear on your site.

About the site's design. How about to add some more colors? For example, black + red is a good idea.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Ouch. My eyes still hurt from that hard contrast of red text on that background image. Make it easy on the eyes, otherwise people won't even read what you have to write. Lose the ads for now, you are trying to move too fast.

Does every guy's first site start off with a dark almost ominous color scheme? I know mine did.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
.....Does every guy's first site start off with a dark almost ominous color scheme? I know mine did.

It depends on your branding. I've noticed that most people that get an idea for a website....usually throw it online with zero thought of branding.

Dark and ominous have their place:)

I didn't see the OP's original theme but the current version is lacking visual appeal.

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
STILL NO APPEAL lol damnnn it.. I had it dark, than light, than a mixture, I thought this was a good balance sellvalueoverproducts.com

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Keep working at this. It's getting better.

IMO...I would get all the text right...benefits...etc., then work on the design.

I agree with Milkanic...too many "I"'s.

I watched the video. Needs tweaking but obviously you know what you're talking about. I was in sales several years so I can relate.

I suggest you do a lot more reading on offering value online and building a following.

Right...stay focused on ME, the consumer. What am I going to get out of this. This is tricky for sure because I'm not so much interested in what "you" can offer as I am what "I" am going to get out of this. I definitely want some free stuff...probably quite a bit...before I am convinced I must have what you're selling.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
If you want my honest opinion, I looked at it, read some big bold stuff, saw your design disliked it, I mean that color is like throw up, then clicked one link, didnt even stay on the other page for one second (your welcome for not increasing your bounce rate), then got off your site.

1. Design horrible
2. Content, literally I read your page in 10 seconds
3. What the hell are you? Seriously I had no idea, are you selling your intellect on business finance?
4. Wit a F*cking second... are you a "guru"?

So yea design and content cause I had no idea what was happening and can guarantee I will never ever go back on that site if it doesnt change.

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
Thank you for the feedback"Michael Raphael" Im not selling anything , the purpose of my site is to have an open forum for people who are struggling with sales and cannot overcome certain obstacles. I have mastered sales, it has brought me great success. I am just simply trying to help and influence others by creating a common ground for people to discuss there problems/ complaints. Just like crackberry.com or imore.com

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
You may have mastered sales, but who cares if everyone bounces on your website.

I would have most of the background be white space and remove all of the red. use blue or green instead

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Get someone to check your grammar, spelling and in general the words you use to put a point across.

"I have received rookie of the year at my brokerage firm". Can I buy that somewhere, rookie of the year?

"simple and effective techinques"

"Triple your production rates!!" Huh??? What do we produce, umbrella's?

I am a text guy and would leave this site immediately.

If you want to get something across to people, learn to express yourself more clearly.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
What do you suggest I add? My thought was if I put too much information that no one would need to become a member. My goal is to have an open discussion and forum for anyone in the sales industry who is having trouble. The turnover rate in sales professions is 95%! I have mastered sales, mastered the overcoming of objections and perfecting my delivery with much practice. I placed a donate button just as a high hopes button if people supported the cause and appreciated my help. Im new to web developing, so please give suggestion or advice on what to change. Thank you

Quick opinions from my side:

-Get off the free website builder
If you're serious about this then invest <$300 to make a website, free website builders lack the customization abilities that you need to really make a great site.

-Use proper forum software
Your current homepage looks like a crappy old-school sales page, if you are looking at building a forum then I would check out software like vBulletin, MyBB, etc. which are specifically designed for people looking to start forums. At the least, that will give you a more structured site layout, a more professional appearance, and more customization options. If for some reason, you don't want to use some form of forum software, also check out WordPress.

-Provide more proof and personal connection
Your about us page needs work, tell the forum about your experience in sales and give them at least some information about yourself or remove the page entirely. Your copywriting skills are not anything wonderful, since that is the only avenue you have given your audience to judge your sales skills, they are going to question how good you really are. If copywriting isn't your thing and you don't want to learn it, maybe include some recordings of your sales calls and use that as your proof.

-Are you selling something or making a forum?
"Enter my BEST PRACTICES discussion so I can show you simple and effective techinques that will Triple your production rates!!" <-- This sounds like a class or a course in which you would charge someone for, if your going to be personally teaching someone how to sell then maybe a course would be the best option; if you're looking to simply be a destination for sales discussion then something like "Connect and discuss sales strategies with some of the most successful salesman in the world" would be a much better title, nothing about you teaching them something. So this just comes down to what you want to be, do you want to be a sales "guru" or a forum owner? (Oh and techniques is spelled wrong on your homepage)

That's about all I got, seems like IMO you just need to work on design and clarifying your message a bit.

And lastly, if your as good at selling as you say that you are, why not start your own brokerage (or whatever you do) and train your own sales staff with your techniques? Seems like if you can really help people improve their sales skills, why teach it to them and let them walk out the door; if it was me, I would want to teach them and then put them to work making money for me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
MJ, this is still the way wire houses operate today Ex: Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, Merrill Lynch. Their all boiler room atmospheres with just with ethics and legal operations. I've worked at all 3 mentioned above and I have trained numerous advisers simply because their scared of picking up the phone or they don't have the self esteem to withstand rejection. I really appreciate all your input. Im going to do what it takes to make this succeed. "Mike 39" That is my end result and ultimate goal, I said I was successful and mastered sales and even though I might make a good living, I do not have the capital to start my own hedge fund or brokerage house. Not yet

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
Also I'm not using a free website developer, I am using Webs site developer. Although it was extremely cheap (30$) for a month, I just wanted to test the waters

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Also I'm not using a free website developer, I am using Webs site developer. Although it was extremely cheap (30$) for a month, I just wanted to test the waters

WordPress is FREE :D

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
For someone so great at sales, you are an awful listener/communicator.

1.) Site looks like shit.
2.) You are ignoring everyone's advice
3.) Your name is "emphasize value" but your site offers no value.

emphasize value

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 13, 2013
Not taking anyones advice?? who the F*ck are you? I've done nothing but listen and implement changes according to what everyone says

1- I know it looks like shit thats why Im asking for advice smart a$$
2- Wtf is your net worth? so watch your mouth
3- You obviously are not in the sales industry if my site isn't offering you value

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...