The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the fastlane forum

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Good day ladies and gents, my name is Josh I'm 32 years old living in Michigan. I'm married and have a 13 year old daughter (God help me) and a 10 year old son. As a slowlaner I started looking into slow lane guru's recommendations on saving money and came across some "millionaire" books like those from T. Harv Ecker. Eventually I found "The millionaire fastlane " and purchased the audiobook. It has flipped my whole life upside down. No one I've ever known has found any reasonable level of monetary success aside from a decent 401k and social security at age 62.
As it were I have zero personal resources as far as mentors etc by way of entrepreneurship, so I've been reading book after book on the topic and learning as much as I can. I've never owned a company and I'm scared to death but I believe that I have the tenacity to create the life I want.
I spoke to my wife and we agreed to move from the misery of west michigan winters and move to the Dallas area where the weather is nicer and the opportunity of connecting with the right people in business is more likely to take place. It's a difficult pill to swallow but I know that staying where I am in my cushy comfortable job is going to keep me trapped if I don't make an extreme change and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to succeed.
Thanks to all of the contributors here for your time and for sharing your wisdom. I look forward to expanding my mind and learning more from all of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Josh, glad to hear you enjoyed TFM! Welcome to our little neck of the woods.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hi J, I'd like to second MJs welcome. I've dropped a little welcome gift into your inbox. Enjoy.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Hello Josh, glad to hear you enjoyed TFM! Welcome to our little neck of the woods.
Thank you and I'm very impatiently waiting for "Unscripted " to be released as well. So glad you decided to write another. As long as you're writing books I'm buying them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...