marc100
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 21, 2011
- Messages
- 90
- Location
- Santa Clara, CA/ Silicon Valley
Rep Bank
$265
$265
User Power: 17%
Hi all just started reading the first few chapters. Im in my late 30s and live in South Florida.
I relate to MJ in MANY ways because I lived most of my life in Boston with family and moved to Florida to get out of the cold, I've tried many businesses and had many failures that lost money, and I build websites and sold 1. But I never had a big hit.
My story:
Despite working for myself online for 10 years I'm still in the slow lane. I've always averaged 4 figures a month and have never been able to bust through that.
Im glad I work for myself (no alarm clock or commute here) but its on such a small mediocre level and havent been able to accelerate it.
When I started 10 years ago in 2001 I was as an affiliate mostly building advertising pages to promote other websites. I decided the income from that was too unstable and I wanted something stable so in 2006 I started a fashion website and tried to build it up. It became a mild success despite the fact that i didnt know anything about fashion, but I got burned out on the business and I sold it in 2010 to an internet company for a small amount.
After taxes and paying off my huge credit card debt (from trying different online businesses) I ended up with $0, but at least have no debt now.
I currently own a dating website that caters to a small micro-niche. It has thousands of members and it does ok, but it will never get fastlane. It may in 10 years but not in the next few years, the micro-niche is too small and has too many other competitors. My current business pays my rent and food but not much more.
I love the analogy of the slow lane and fast lane. With the past 10 years I feel like I'm in a Chevette driving from Boston to California at 10 miles an hour.
I WILL get there but it's going to take for-EVER at this speed, and the ride sucks.
So I want to bust out of that and move it faster.
Im still thinking and researching on how Im going to move from slow to fast. I WILL get there.
Interested in talking with others and learning more. I may also be interested in partnering with someone who has the same drive as I do.
What do I want? I want to buckle down for the next 4-5 years and work my butt off building something up, and then sell it for millions.
thanks for listening
Marco
I relate to MJ in MANY ways because I lived most of my life in Boston with family and moved to Florida to get out of the cold, I've tried many businesses and had many failures that lost money, and I build websites and sold 1. But I never had a big hit.
My story:
Despite working for myself online for 10 years I'm still in the slow lane. I've always averaged 4 figures a month and have never been able to bust through that.
Im glad I work for myself (no alarm clock or commute here) but its on such a small mediocre level and havent been able to accelerate it.
When I started 10 years ago in 2001 I was as an affiliate mostly building advertising pages to promote other websites. I decided the income from that was too unstable and I wanted something stable so in 2006 I started a fashion website and tried to build it up. It became a mild success despite the fact that i didnt know anything about fashion, but I got burned out on the business and I sold it in 2010 to an internet company for a small amount.
After taxes and paying off my huge credit card debt (from trying different online businesses) I ended up with $0, but at least have no debt now.
I currently own a dating website that caters to a small micro-niche. It has thousands of members and it does ok, but it will never get fastlane. It may in 10 years but not in the next few years, the micro-niche is too small and has too many other competitors. My current business pays my rent and food but not much more.
I love the analogy of the slow lane and fast lane. With the past 10 years I feel like I'm in a Chevette driving from Boston to California at 10 miles an hour.
I WILL get there but it's going to take for-EVER at this speed, and the ride sucks.
So I want to bust out of that and move it faster.
Im still thinking and researching on how Im going to move from slow to fast. I WILL get there.
Interested in talking with others and learning more. I may also be interested in partnering with someone who has the same drive as I do.
What do I want? I want to buckle down for the next 4-5 years and work my butt off building something up, and then sell it for millions.
thanks for listening
Marco
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
