The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New sugar product

YelmisPravida

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 23, 2012
Hey all,

I've got an idea for a new sugar product which I haven't yet seen in the market but for which I believe there is a need. I am trying to figure out how to manufacture it.

To produce this will require some experimenting with various amounts of ingredients, testing, brainstorming etc.

As a first step I am contacting a bunch of traditional sugar sugar manufacturers and see if they would be willing to produce a new product like this, and sell it to me "unbranded", for me to brand and resell.

But I am wondering if any of you have produced a new food product from scratch, and if you may have some other ways of going about it?

Thanks for input
Yelmis

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Not sure why they would want to introduce on an OEM basis something that may compete with their cash cow. However, I have no direct experience in this industry so I am speaking without great knowledge on how a proposal like this may be received.

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Not sure why they would want to introduce on an OEM basis something that may compete with their cash cow. However, I have no direct experience in this industry so I am speaking without great knowledge on how a proposal like this may be received.

I also have no experience in this field however if I was in your position and had a new sugar product I would look at licensing it and taking a cut. As Vigilante said I would be surprised if already successful manufacturers would take on a product which would take sales from their in production core product. I feel you this may increase your chances dramatically going down this route.

This book has been recomended often on the forum which may help

One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work: Amazon.co.uk: Stephen Key: Books

Good Luck :)

YelmisPravida

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 23, 2012
I am not sure either. I am not sure how I might do it any other way though, case I can't well go and build my own sugar factory either.. I'll let you know what (if any) responses I get anyway. Have individually emailed 10 in my country now, and mass-emailed 50 in other countries.

I also have no experience in this field however if I was in your position and had a new sugar product I would look at licensing it and taking a cut. As Vigilante said I would be surprised if already successful manufacturers would take on a product which would take sales from their in production core product. I feel you this may increase your chances dramatically going down this route.

This book has been recomended often on the forum which may help

One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work: Amazon.co.uk: Stephen Key: Books
Thanks, that might be an alternative route to go. I'll read those books first because I don't know anything about licensing :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.