- Joined
- Aug 15, 2016
- Messages
- 79
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 167%
As I don't really have anyone with business knowledge or success to run this by, I wanted to run this by you guys.
Last month I met a talkative guy in a local gathering spot, me having an English accent and being white in an African American neighbourhood I must of stood out as he started by asking where I'm from etc, it got round to me mentioning I'm unemployed atm and he said he could help me out.
Anyway he called me and I met him and his brothers and they think I can help them, my role is to help them close deals and meet people that they don't have time to meet. they are African American and don't practice business on Saturday because of the Jewish sabbath.
They said as a white Englishman (I fit the posh white guy stereotype)that is non religious that I would have it a lot easier to be successful in business, I nodded along as I didn't want to argue but I feel as if the times have changed and I don't see their angle how this would change anything. Also before meeting people, they make an effort to tell me if someone is religious or not as if it will affect the scenario.
These people are multitudes of success higher than me so I take their word for it. Has anyone here ever found barriers or advantages in business due to their race or religious beliefs? and how can you leverage your religion or atheism or race in your favor?
Last month I met a talkative guy in a local gathering spot, me having an English accent and being white in an African American neighbourhood I must of stood out as he started by asking where I'm from etc, it got round to me mentioning I'm unemployed atm and he said he could help me out.
Anyway he called me and I met him and his brothers and they think I can help them, my role is to help them close deals and meet people that they don't have time to meet. they are African American and don't practice business on Saturday because of the Jewish sabbath.
They said as a white Englishman (I fit the posh white guy stereotype)that is non religious that I would have it a lot easier to be successful in business, I nodded along as I didn't want to argue but I feel as if the times have changed and I don't see their angle how this would change anything. Also before meeting people, they make an effort to tell me if someone is religious or not as if it will affect the scenario.
These people are multitudes of success higher than me so I take their word for it. Has anyone here ever found barriers or advantages in business due to their race or religious beliefs? and how can you leverage your religion or atheism or race in your favor?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
