The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New leading e-startup seeks partners

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
We want your help!

Our mission is to be the premier source for unconventional start-up advice and information. We wish to provide our readers with advanced knowledge which will help even the most extreme start-up succeed.

Here are some of the features we wish to provide:

-Blog posts with informative tid-bits on topics that include finding your team members, how to partner with them, stock, financing, etc.

-An adviser program in which experts on different aspects can contribute regularly by writing articles, hosting Q&A's, and even video interviews.

-Information packets which serve as quick-start guides, or how-to's for various start-up topics.

We are looking for your input. We have a strong appreciation of the Fastlane and want to get your feedback to make this a success.

We are looking for:

-Revenue ideas and possibilities

-Requests for content

-Advisers to contribute

We are also looking for a promoter person who can help be the media contact and build our brand online or offline (preferably both). The promoter has to do the Wealth Dynamics test before applying. You need to score a Star profile on the test. It's important, because Star profiles have a very unique way of seeing the world. Promoting is one of their interest. They like to be seen and create brands. It is not for everyone.

As of now, we have a Creator Profile (fanocks2003), we also have a Mechanic Profile (Ocean). We now need a Star Profile who can be the face outwards. Someone who can promote us in the media (be the spokesperson). We will also need a Supporter Profile who can lead the team of advisers so that everything is organised in that department.

That is it for now.

This project is all about the Startuppro blog. A blog I have talked a lot about on this forum already. One member told me to register a domain etc. Now we have come to the stage where the team is being assembled, and then the domain will be registered and a webhost for the blog to expand on. Bit by bit this will happen. But we need the right guys on board (business is team work). So we would be very happy to hear from you. Both Ocean and I, fanocks2003, are available via PM on this forum. So be active, but be relevant.

Remember: all of you who wants to be on this project need to do the Wealth Dynamics test and show us the PDF with your profile status. Both Ocean and I believe in the supreme value of that test. Please respect this request. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Now I understand your requests but I wont pay 100 bucks to complete the test... I love what you guys are gonna do here and wouldn't mind helping out but looks like it wont happen... anyway, if you think I can be of use even without test then lemme know!

ocean

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 2, 2007
California
Now I understand your requests but I wont pay 100 bucks to complete the test... I love what you guys are gonna do here and wouldn't mind helping out but looks like it wont happen... anyway, if you think I can be of use even without test than lemme know!

The WD test is for those who want to work with us and join our team, but feel free to leave comments, ask questions or give your input!

We want your honest feedback.

lo key

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 11, 2008
Sounds like a great thing you guys are doing here. I would like to suggest that you guys get your own domain name, and get rid of the .wordpress. It will help a lot with branding and monetization opportunities. Best of luck!

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
The WD test is for those who want to work with us and join our team, but feel free to leave comments, ask questions or give your input!

We want your honest feedback.

Not much people have done that test... so you limit your opportunities..

BTW, design needs change ASAP IMHO! Sent you a link with some free WP themes..

• Banned

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden

Of course, but you do the same thing with customers. You weed people out until you have the most motivated. Everyone out there are not potential partners or customers.

The price for the WD test is hugh, I don't deny that. But I see it as a good investment for the future. But I respect your decision and I thank you for your input on this thread and on this forum in general:).

Design and domain will come. But without a team it will be a waste of money and energy. Team first, the rest later:).

One of the biggest mistakes entrepreneurs do is that they invest first and investigate later. Invest a lot of cash first and then find out if there are customers or partners who are willing to go along with them. We do the unconventional and less costly approach: Investigate first, build later.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Of course, but you do the same thing with customers. You weed people out until you have the most motivated. Everyone out there are not potential partners or customers.

The price for the WD test is hugh, I don't deny that. But I see it as a good investment for the future. But I respect your decision and I thank you for your input on this thread and on this forum in general:).

Design and domain will come. But without a team it will be a waste of money and energy. Team first, the rest later:).

One of the biggest mistakes entrepreneurs do is that they invest first and investigate later. Invest a lot of cash first and then find out if there are customers or partners who are willing to go along with them. We do the unconventional and less costly approach: Investigate first, build later.

You alone have truckload of knowledge... no need for big team. But you are right you need some Star power in each project!

And no need to invest in designs, some free designs look good. And for some time they will be good..

I'll be visiting the blog. I'll give some tips if I'll find something!

Best of luck

ocean

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 2, 2007
California

You're right about the test. Are you considering becoming a partner? If so, the test helps you tell us about your mindset, what you do and how you contribute to any team. It has already become extremely useful to Fanocks and I. But if you just want to give input, and help us with your feedback, then no need to take it, feel free to jump in as we go along! :)

As far as the theme, don't be so humble Fanocks, we just haven't found one worthy of our brilliance yet... jk :smug2:. He's right, it will come in time.

Thanks for the PM btw, we'll look into them!

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
You alone have truckload of knowledge... no need for big team. But you are right you need some Star power in each project!

And no need to invest in designs, some free designs look good. And for some time they will be good..

I'll be visiting the blog. I'll give some tips if I'll find something!

Best of luck

Thank you:).

You always need a team. You can't do everything yourself. I have learnt that the more focused you are on your on core expertise the better the whole company/venture will go. But you need the right team, otherwise things will be really messed up.

My WD profile says I am an extrovert Creator. Meaning I have a lot of Star in me as well. But my core is Creator so I need to keep to that and not spread myself thin. There is a little difference between Creators and Stars. We are both weird types, but in different ways entirely. Creators create innovative products, services and new ways of doing business. Stars are the showmen of the 8 profiles. They further the Creators cause in the limelight. They need guys like me and other company owners to shin and being able to earn their wealth.

Look at Oprah, she is a Star profile and she is very rich because she helps Creators and other company owners reach out with their brands. As long as they follow her brand promise they are more or less in and will be interviewed by her on her show (in the limelight). That is what separates Creators from Stars. Creators create, Stars sell it.

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
A waste of money? Hosting for wordpress is <$7, yet you're asking people to fill out a $100 profile.

Is that not exactly what you're asking of everyone here who's interested in joining your team when asking them to take a test?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not going to allow this here in the open forum. If you want to seek partners, you aren't going to solicit them here for $100 bucks a clip.

Are you really looking for partners or looking to make a quick buck?

Frankly, I'm shocked and dismayed.

In the states this resembles a loan modification scheme. Pay us upfront, and we will evaluate your situation.

What kind of BS is this?

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Honestly, this is BS. I still can't decide whether you're a highly respectable business man or a con sometimes Fanocks. I still haven't came to my final verdict, but I'm not a fan of this post whatsoever.

ocean

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 2, 2007
California
Everyone Pause! Time-out....

MJ, PM sent to clarify.

Everyone:

Our apologies for the confusion:

We are not soliciting money from anyone! Neither of us mentioned this, and we are sorry that was inferred.

Fanocks is looking to make a blog that can be helpful and informative, nothing more.

We were hoping to gain two things from this post:

1) Relevant feedback from all fastlane members which will help us make this a success and provide valuable information to you. (regardless if you've taken the WD test or not).

And

2) A couple of people interested in partnering with us (signed contracts) who have already taken the WD test, and can provide us with their results.

Something may have been lost in translation, as Fanocks is Swedish. It is my fault, please forgive me for not proofreading the post, I apologize.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will respond promptly.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'm sorry to bust, but you are really going to be climbing an uphill battle with this.

You can't just put up a crappy site and expect people to take you serious. I am going to 100% disagree with "One of the biggest mistakes entrepreneurs do is that they invest first and investigate later. Invest a lot of cash first and then find out if there are customers or partners who are willing to go along with them.".

Yes. It's right in a sense you must test the market out first; but.. you can't invest nothing and make yourself look like a fly by night company. Do you think anyone gets a good, serious impression from your site? When people say invest little, test out the market, and then build later. They mean don't spend all your chips into development on an unproven business or market. Not spend nothing. That's why it's called an investment; because there's risks.

Especially when it comes to tech and web start ups; you invest some money and build a reputable solid foundation; but you BUILD upon the direction and future development as your footprint grabs ahold of getting going. Often by what the clients/customers suggestions, new market opportunities, etc. If you spend too much on development, you will mud hole yourself and won't be as flexible.

I think that's what you mean by "invest little, research now". You are greatly mis reading and executing this time old advice.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
After reading @ocean's clarification; some of my previous post doesn't apply.

However, come on guys.. you can spend $200-300 on a web design student and get something like Mashable or TechCrunch quality easily.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

However, come on guys.. you can spend $200-300 on a web design student and get something like Mashable or TechCrunch quality easily.

I know a good site that would probably be even cheaper. Just give budget and people will create the thing you need and enter competition for the prize. Here it is:

www.99designs.com

ocean

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 2, 2007
California

Thank you for being honest and objective, that is valuable.

I wish Fanocks was awake, so he could chime in, but it is 1am his time.

I would like to hear some of your feedback on the content and concept. In your experience, will the information be useful to people?

The wordpress theme we are using can change in a heartbeat, and getting a domain is almost as fast. But the content and features are something that takes much more invested time to plan and create. And that is what we were hoping to get some input about, more so than the design at this point. Do you have any insight on those areas?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Thank you:).

You always need a team. You can't do everything yourself. I have learnt that the more focused you are on your on core expertise the better the whole company/venture will go. But you need the right team, otherwise things will be really messed up.

I totally agree, but I think that team of 3 people is best for start ups. Check out 37signals.com they recommend it. They have a good ebook too about starting up.

Small team is easier to manage and it's easier to keep team focused on vision. Yes, yo have to work more and on more things but if you want something done right, do it yourself! ;)

I'd love to that test since it's interesting how it would pan out. I do tend to see patterns in life..that I know about myself..

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
@ocean - sorry I came down kind of harsh in that reply..
@gym - totally agree, the smaller the team, the better chance of success.. imo

A few suggestions and advice from experience speaking:
The blog industry is saturated.. however with hard work you can still make it. In today's blog market; you must be able to do more than have great content. Marketing, getting your content out there, linking, SEO, gathering a following, and again linking are IMO more important factors of making a successful blog. Because everyone is writing good content.

That being said, in order for any of those to start falling into place. You have to have something that's "all around" solid. Solid in appearance, content, SEO, etc. etc. I know domain and design can change fairly quickly, but I suggest in getting that at the top 3 priorities. Because, sorry to say, appearance is everything. People will make an impression on you in less than 3 seconds and decide to stay or go.

Also check out Elance for some designer work..
Anyways, Gotta get back to working on this app!! :smx19:

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I'm not going to allow this here in the open forum. If you want to seek partners, you aren't going to solicit them here for $100 bucks a clip.

Are you really looking for partners or looking to make a quick buck?

Frankly, I'm shocked and dismayed.

In the states this resembles a loan modification scheme. Pay us upfront, and we will evaluate your situation.

What kind of BS is this?

A quick buck? That payment doesn't go to me or ocean (it goes to Roger Hamilton and his company, someone I am in no business relationship with. Never have been). I am a little bit dismayed myself. We don't force anybody to pay anything. The test is just a way for us to know who will be the best fit for our team. We need 4 different profiles for this: A Star, a Supporter, an Accumulator and a Lord.

By the way: As always, fun to be called a rip-off artist. Would be great if people actually read what I actually wrote instead of calling me a criminal hand over fist. I know my english isn't stellar (because I am not an american or an englishman after all), but I am pretty sure I didn't give shine of being the one getting the $100 for the test:).

Very dismayed and shocked by this (another one) assault on me as a person. The value of this forum dropped a significant notch in my eyes. I see myself as a serious entrepreneur and this behaviour is under all critic.

ocean

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Sep 2, 2007
California
Take a deep breath, bro. We've got some good feedback here already. We just have to work on how to present it to the rest of the forum in the right way so they see it for what it is.

Check your email, and don't let this ruin the rest of your day. As for me, I'm going to bed, lol.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
A quick buck? That payment doesn't go to me or ocean (it goes to Roger Hamilton and his company, someone I am in no business relationship with. Never have been). I am a little bit dismayed myself. We don't force anybody to pay anything. The test is just a way for us to know who will be the best fit for our team. We need 4 different profiles for this: A Star, a Supporter, an Accumulator and a Lord.

By the way: As always, fun to be called a rip-off artist. Would be great if people actually read what I actually wrote instead of calling me a criminal hand over fist. I know my english isn't stellar (because I am not an american or an englishman after all), but I am pretty sure I didn't give shine of being the one getting the $100 for the test:).

Very dismayed and shocked by this (another one) assault on me as a person. The value of this forum dropped a significant notch in my eyes. I see myself as a serious entrepreneur and this behaviour is under all critic.

You should have warned that the test is not free, I expected it to be free and thought it was created by you guys to select people. This is what caused the beating you got. Accept it mate! I think you made a honest mistake, but taking a stance as being insulted...I don't think you should...

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
@ocean - sorry I came down kind of harsh in that reply..
@gym - totally agree, the smaller the team, the better chance of success.. imo

A few suggestions and advice from experience speaking:
The blog industry is saturated.. however with hard work you can still make it. In today's blog market; you must be able to do more than have great content. Marketing, getting your content out there, linking, SEO, gathering a following, and again linking are IMO more important factors of making a successful blog. Because everyone is writing good content.

That being said, in order for any of those to start falling into place. You have to have something that's "all around" solid. Solid in appearance, content, SEO, etc. etc. I know domain and design can change fairly quickly, but I suggest in getting that at the top 3 priorities. Because, sorry to say, appearance is everything. People will make an impression on you in less than 3 seconds and decide to stay or go.

Also check out Elance for some designer work..
Anyways, Gotta get back to working on this app!! :smx19:

Speed+ for you mate!

While not everyone writes good content I think this saying fits here:

Content is the King, Marketing is the Queen...and the Queen runs the House! (heard it from Gary Vaynerchuk.. and guy knows his stuff).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.