The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New here

Mono1001

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 20, 2020
Mauritius
Hello..thanks for accepting me here..I read tmf and i found it a real eye opener book
i am from Mauritius island(population=1.2 million) and am working 12 hours a day at a sugar mill
Sorry for my bad english..i dont have big education and understand simple english.
..I dont know much on internet,it took me over 24 hrs to know how to post here
AM here to get advices from you guys about how should i start a business
i dont have savings at all..if i stop doing all things am doing right now like mj said in tmf ,i will be in debts
please give me some ideas..:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted81125

Hello..thanks for accepting me here..I read tmf and i found it a real eye opener book
i am from Mauritius island(population=1.2 million) and am working 12 hours a day at a sugar mill
Sorry for my bad english..i dont have big education and understand simple english.
i dont have savings at all..if i stop doing all things am doing right now like mj said in tmf ,i will be in debts
What kind of things do people need that you can help them with?
What kind of problems do people talk about that you can fix for them?

Listen to your family, friends, neighbours, co-workers, bosses, people on the street.

How can you help people & businesses & get paid for it?

Mono1001

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 20, 2020
Mauritius
What kind of things do people need that you can help them with?
What kind of problems do people talk about that you can fix for them?

Listen to your family, friends, neighbours, co-workers, bosses, people on the street.

How can you help people & businesses & get paid for it?
Thanks for the reply friend...its written in tmf to listen and analyze people and their problems but it seems that i dont ideas from that..

D

Deleted81125

Thanks for the reply friend...its written in tmf to listen and analyze people and their problems but it seems that i dont ideas from that..
If your English & computer skills aren't great that only leaves something local & I have no idea about Mauritius. What works in one country may not work in another.
Look around the forum for ideas, Side hustles for example.
You could also consider improving your English & learning computer skills otherwise you're limited to what business you can do.

Plymouth Oyster

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
May 25, 2020
The Ocean
and am working 12 hours a day at a sugar mill
You have to study, how can you work 12 hours then do another physical job after that?
You could also consider improving your English & learning computer skills otherwise you're limited to what business you can do.
It's 3:13am here. I worked for 12 hours at my full time job, then worked from 10pm until now on creating the new ads and everything.
This man works 12 hours, then 5 hours on a computer.
Study is the only way, or you're stuck in physical labour.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Welcome! Observation is a skill. You can develop it. Don't be surprised if you don't see business ideas the first time you look around. Practice, look for what people need, and for ways to give it to them more efficiently, or better, or faster, or easier for them.

Mono1001

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 20, 2020
Mauritius
If your English & computer skills aren't great that only leaves something local & I have no idea about Mauritius. What works in one country may not work in another.
Look around the forum for ideas, Side hustles for example.
You have to study, how can you work 12 hours then do another physical job after that?

This man works 12 hours, then 5 hours on a computer.
Study is the only way, or you're stuck in physical labour.
Yes i know study is my only way...where i work i get some free time during those 12 hours...i download free books(pdf) on mobile and read..

Mono1001

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 20, 2020
Mauritius
Welcome! Observation is a skill. You can develop it. Don't be surprised if you don't see business ideas the first time you look around. Practice, look for what people need, and for ways to give it to them more efficiently, or better, or faster, or easier for them.
Thanks friend...i think observation is the only way now..i just cannot quit my job and jump onto a business..

Mono1001

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 20, 2020
Mauritius
Maybe your first step is upgrade your skills to get a better job so you can save something for when you get ideas.
I know it's very difficult to get out of the poverty trap.
At the moment all you can do is trade your time for money and that means either higher pay or doing extra jobs in your free time.
It's not the answer you want but I can't see any other way until you see an opportunity.
What skills do you recommend?

LaneMan

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 4, 2020
Mauritius
@LaneMan you're in Mauritius, any suggestions for @Mono1001 ?
i dont have savings at all..if i stop doing all things am doing right now like mj said in tmf,i will be in debts

I'm from Mauritius too. I see you work in the sugar industry and probably get minimum wage and work very long hours.

The first thing would be to get your education in order. This will take a very long time I'm afraid because your work doesn't allow you any extra time for studies and you don't have any savings to quit.

If possible, you should try applying as a security guard at one of the security agencies. They don't require any skill/education and you'll be sitting on your a$$ most of the time and will have plenty of time to read books. You also get 1 day off every week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...