The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Here Wanted To Say Hi

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York
Hey guys,
I have read The Fastlane and it was such a eye opener. It's a new year and a new me and want to kick it into high gear this year using the fastlane as roadmap and don't want to be on the sidewalk any longer.

My goal with this forum is to find a mentor that can help guide me to my first million. In return I can also help be a guide to others at least on the tech side of things(Software Engineering).

I am currently working on my startup Your New Roommate which we will be re launching in the next 2-3 months.

I will be posting my progress on some of the failures and successes I have along the way so that others can maybe find a golden nugget or two as we figure this journey out together. Feel free to ask me anything!

Thanks again and looking forward to being an active member in the community!!!

James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2015
Hi
Hey guys,
I have read The Fastlane and it was such a eye opener. It's a new year and a new me and want to kick it into high gear this year using the fastlane as roadmap and don't want to be on the sidewalk any longer.

My goal with this forum is to find a mentor that can help guide me to my first million. In return I can also help be a guide to others at least on the tech side of things(Software Engineering).

I am currently working on my startup Your New Roommate which we will be re launching in the next 2-3 months.

I will be posting my progress on some of the failures and successes I have along the way so that others can maybe find a golden nugget or two as we figure this journey out together. Feel free to ask me anything!

Thanks again and looking forward to being an active member in the community!!!

James
James, can you tell us more about that "New Room mate". Perhaps how it works, is it an app and where you are at now?

ejames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Nov 5, 2015
New York
Hi

James, can you tell us more about that "New Room mate". Perhaps how it works, is it an app and where you are at now?

Hey Perry sure let me elaborate!

I didn't want to post a link in my first post since that might be considered spammy but here is a link to our current app https://yournewroommate.com

So the app basically helps people that need a room for rent be it short term or long term. Now what makes our app so different that a site like craigslist, roomster or some other roommate matchmaking app?

We are taking a transparent approach using real time technologies such as webRTC. We have a concept call quickmatch events (Kind of like speed dating but for potential roommates ) all from the comfort of your own home.

We also are working on a feature called a shoutbox where users can upload videos showcasing their personality or maybe even a virtual tour of their space which provides users a more transparent way of communicating (less scammy).

Currently we are in the rebuilding phase as we leared alot from v1 of our app both from a tech perspective and a marketing perspective (we made alot of mistakes lol).

Here is our 2016 marketing plan (I may make a new thread for this).
  1. PPC Campaigns
    1. Google
    2. Facebook page likes
  2. Contacting Schools/Colleges
    1. Language Schools
    2. State Universities
  3. Backlinks
    1. SEMrush Report
    2. Fiver
  4. Blogs
    1. Organic-Finding your New Roommate
    2. Organic - Airbnb
  5. Street Team
    1. Flyers/cards
    2. Fiver - Hire students to pass out flyers at local schools
  6. Craigslist
    1. rooms wanted
    2. rooms/shares
    3. vacation rental
    4. sublet
  7. Social Media
    1. Facebook Groups posting
    2. Tweet blog post
  8. Brand Ambassador
    1. Get a local representative for each school in the NYC area
  9. Warm Call Sales Team
    1. Hire team to curate and contact landlords to use our platform
  1. PPC Campaigns
    1. Google
    2. Facebook page likes
  2. Contacting Schools/Colleges
    1. Language Schools
    2. State Universities
  3. Backlinks
    1. SEMrush Report
    2. Fiver
  4. Blogs
    1. Organic-Finding your New Roommate
    2. Organic - Airbnb
  5. Street Team
    1. Flyers/cards
    2. Fiver - Hire students to pass out flyers at local schools
  6. Craigslist
    1. rooms wanted
    2. rooms/shares
    3. vacation rental
    4. sublet
  7. Social Media
    1. Facebook Groups posting
    2. Tweet blog post
  8. Brand Ambassador
    1. Get a local representative for each school in the NYC area
  9. Warm Call Sales Team
    1. Hire team to curate and contact landlords to use our platform

All of this of course is totally self financed between my partner and I. This is going to be our fast lane roadmap for 2016!!!!!

What do you think?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...