The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New guy joining the fastlane ride

Mohamad Fakih

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 16, 2016
Hello everyone ! My name is Mohamad and I'm Lebanese..

A little introduction:

I'm 22 currently finishing my masters degree in computer science in France. I've always had ambitions to make a big impact on the world but they were mostly dreams and didn't have a clue how I would do it.. Up until last year, it never occured to me that books would guide me or make me grow. So about a month ago I read the MLF and boy it was a wake up call then I decided to join the forum.

I never thought of entrepreneurship before because I always thought that this is reserved to people who are "better" than me. This year I realized that this mindset came from the way my parents raised me who'd always make me feel as if other people are better than me, or that if I ever wanted to do something new it's probably not my idea but someone else's, which kind of developed an inferiority complex in me. But I forgive them, they didn't know what they were doing and they love me. However, it is my responsibility now to destroy my old belief system, so I'm working on that.

I will not quit my masters degree and jump into fastlane since I'm getting paid to do my masters (Thank you France) and I'm 6 months away from graduation. During this time, I will follow and contribute to this forum, my FL strategy would be related to my field and I will develop my skills and maybe jump into FL without putting much risk on my degree.

I read many discussions on this forum, people here are friendly and helpful, so I'm really glad I joined !

Best,

Mohamad Fakih

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
563%
Feb 9, 2016
Welcome Mohamad,

I'm sure your knowledge in computer science will be instrumental in helping yourself and others on this forum.

This year I realized that this mindset came from the way my parents raised me who'd always make me feel as if other people are better than me, or that if I ever wanted to do something new it's probably not my idea but someone else's, which kind of developed an inferiority complex in me. But I forgive them, they didn't know what they were doing and they love me.

That part of your introduction really stood out for me. I think a lot of people get a negative and unhealthy mindset forced on them through childhood by loving parents who think they are doing good.

However, it is my responsibility now to destroy my old belief system, so I'm working on that.

Good, this is probably the most important part.

I wish you all the best!

Thanks for sharing your intro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.