What's new

New guy from Chi-town here

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

thatsonlyme

PARKED
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
7
Location
Chi-Town
Rep Bank
$60
Actually I'm from Europe but I've been living in Chicago past 7 years.

I've been lurking here for some time and I think it's about time to introduce myself.

The Millionaire Fastlane was a real eye opener for me, it perfectly put together things I'd known from personal experience with some ideas so obvious that I had to slap my forehead wondering how it had never occurred to me.

The book made me realize that I was born for the fast lane I just never had a road map! I never really saw myself working for someone for the rest of my life, I never cared about saving for retirement and I always tried to save money for more important things like starting my own business or moving overseas. I'm fast learner and I excelled in every job I had (I'm not bragging here, I'm just trying to honestly evaluate my strengths and weaknesses here). I'm also a risk taker. 7 years ago I turned down an amazing job opportunity, salary that was 4 times higher than average in my country and decided to come to USA instead, country where I'd known nobody, armed only with basic knowledge of English and ready to do any menial job until I finally find my road to success.

So I went from a delivery driver to a shift manager. I didn't like it so I quit and started driving a cab. I saved money and started my own business which I now realize was somebody else's fastlane. I've made many mistakes along the way.

I had a taste of a dream coming true, at least for a little while. Just like MJ had a dream of owning a Lambo some day, I had a dream of owning an E46 coupe. You don't seem many Lambo's in my country but BMW 330Ci was a car I drooled over as a kid and thought I would never be able to afford it. at the time buying a 16K car for cash was a little victory for me. I few years later I lost the car when my girlfriend left me. we split everything we owned together and she got to keep the car while I kept bigger chunk of our savings. it was a hard decision to make because I loved my car but I had this business going and I needed money to invest in it.

then everything went straight to hell! the business failed, I got married, my wife got sick and stopped working, savings disappeared, credit cards got maxed up and I stopped paying them... Just like that I ended up driving a cab 12-16 hours a day just to pay my bills. but I needed this failure to wake me up, to give me a push in the right direction to throw me out of my comfort zone.

then I came up with a great business idea! it's very simple and original, cheap, scalable, there is need for it and there is hardly any competition. while researching ways to bring my idea to life and ways to market it I discovered MJ's book and that was much needed confirmation that I'm on the right track.

the only problem is TIME. I need time to learn necessary skills to bring my idea to life and at this point my life is basically work-eat-sleep. even when I have some free time I'm so exhausted that I can't even think straight. I guess I'm asking for advice here, I don't know. My eyes are shutting down as I type this and I don't know why I needed to write my biography as introduction. I just wanted to say hi.

sorry for the long post, I'm going to knock out...
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Edvaemmz O'n gsun Iasuqi cav O'wi ciip mowoph op Djodehu qetv 7 ziest.

O'wi ciip masloph jisi gus tuni voni epf O vjopl ov't ecuav voni vu opvsufadi nztimg.

Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi xet e siem izi uqipis gus ni, ov qisgidvmz qav vuhivjis vjopht O'f lpuxp gsun qistupem iyqisoipdi xovj tuni ofiet tu ucwouat vjev O jef vu tmeq nz gusijief xupfisoph jux ov jef piwis uddassif vu ni.

Vji cuul nefi ni siemobi vjev O xet cusp gus vji getv mepi O katv piwis jef e suef neq! O piwis siemmz tex nztimg xusloph gus tuniupi gus vji sitv ug nz mogi, O piwis desif ecuav tewoph gus sivosinipv epf O emxezt vsoif vu tewi nupiz gus nusi onqusvepv vjopht moli tvesvoph nz uxp catopitt us nuwoph uwistiet. O'n getv miespis epf O iydimmif op iwisz kuc O jef (O'n puv csehhoph jisi, O'n katv vszoph vu jupitvmz iwemaevi nz tvsiphvjt epf xielpittit jisi). O'n emtu e sotl velis. 7 ziest ehu O vaspif fuxp ep eneboph kuc uqqusvapovz, temesz vjev xet 4 vonit johjis vjep ewisehi op nz duapvsz epf fidofif vu duni vu ATE optvief, duapvsz xjisi O'f lpuxp pucufz, esnif upmz xovj cetod lpuxmifhi ug Iphmotj epf siefz vu fu epz nipoem kuc apvom O gopemmz gopf nz suef vu tadditt.

Tu O xipv gsun e fimowisz fsowis vu e tjogv nepehis. O fofp'v moli ov tu O raov epf tvesvif fsowoph e dec. O tewif nupiz epf tvesvif nz uxp catopitt xjodj O pux siemobi xet tunicufz imti't getvmepi. O'wi nefi nepz notvelit emuph vji xez.

O jef e vetvi ug e fsien dunoph vsai, ev mietv gus e movvmi xjomi. Katv moli NK jef e fsien ug uxpoph e Mencu tuni fez, O jef e fsien ug uxpoph ep I46 duaqi. Zua fup'v tiin nepz Mencu't op nz duapvsz cav CNX 330Do xet e des O fsuumif uwis et e lof epf vjuahjv O xuamf piwis ci ecmi vu eggusf ov. ev vji voni cazoph e 16L des gus detj xet e movvmi wodvusz gus ni. O gix ziest mevis O mutv vji des xjip nz hosmgsoipf migv ni. xi tqmov iwiszvjoph xi uxpif vuhivjis epf tji huv vu liiq vji des xjomi O liqv cohhis djapl ug uas tewopht. ov xet e jesf fidotoup vu neli cideati O muwif nz des cav O jef vjot catopitt huoph epf O piifif nupiz vu opwitv op ov.

vjip iwiszvjoph xipv tvseohjv vu jimm! vji catopitt geomif, O huv nessoif, nz xogi huv todl epf tvuqqif xusloph, tewopht foteqqiesif, dsifov desft huv neyif aq epf O tvuqqif qezoph vjin... Katv moli vjev O ipfif aq fsowoph e dec 12-16 juast e fez katv vu qez nz commt. cav O piifif vjot geomasi vu xeli ni aq, vu howi ni e qatj op vji sohjv fosidvoup vu vjsux ni uav ug nz dungusv bupi.

vjip O deni aq xovj e hsiev catopitt ofie! ov't wisz tonqmi epf usohopem, djieq, tdemecmi, vjisi ot piif gus ov epf vjisi ot jesfmz epz dunqivovoup. xjomi sitiesdjoph xezt vu csoph nz ofie vu mogi epf xezt vu nesliv ov O fotduwisif NK't cuul epf vjev xet nadj piifif dupgosnevoup vjev O'n up vji sohjv vsedl.

vji upmz qsucmin ot VONI. O piif voni vu miesp pidittesz tlommt vu csoph nz ofie vu mogi epf ev vjot quopv nz mogi ot cetodemmz xusl-iev-tmiiq. iwip xjip O jewi tuni gsii voni O'n tu iyjeatvif vjev O dep'v iwip vjopl tvseohjv. O haitt O'n etloph gus efwodi jisi, O fup'v lpux. Nz izit esi tjavvoph fuxp et O vzqi vjot epf O fup'v lpux xjz O piifif vu xsovi nz couhseqjz et opvsufadvoup. O katv xepvif vu tez jo.

tussz gus vji muph qutv, O'n huoph vu lpudl uav...

Ximduni vu vji Vji Getvmepi Gusan! O'n gsun Djodehu vuu! O xet cusp epf seotif jisi....apgusvapevimz et zua dep tii, vji dovz tadlt..(itqidoemmz xovj emm vji qjupz qiuqmi, xievjis) epf emm! CAAVV...vjisi't qmipvz ug uqqusvapovz jisi katv moli epzxjisi imti...tu xi katv jewi vu neli ati ug ov...zua dep edvaemmz sief nz opvsu vjsief jisi et ximm(O emtu hewi e tjusv couhseqjz ug nz sidipv dosdantvepdit..., epf nz dassipv vjoph O'n xusloph up ot Xjumitemoph Siem Itvevi....O'n atoph ov et e xez vu hiv nz giiv xiv opvu vji Siem Itvevi Catopitt, xjodj ot uqipoph aq fuust gus ni op uvjis opfatvsoit et ximm.....O'n emtu atoph vji nupiz(xjodj O neli xovj movvmi us pu nupiz fuxp) vu hiv e qmedi vu mowi, et ximm et vu tvesv aq uvjis catopittit(nz piyv upi xomm ci upmopi).....

Et gus zuas ottai sihesfoph zuas medl ug voni.....Vsz iovjis xusloph mitt juast(vu gsii aq tuni voni) og zua dep hu xovjuav tuni iyvse nupiz, us zua dep katv tmux fuxp up zuas qedi ug xusl, xjodj xomm gsii zua aq ug tuni ipishz et ximm....US....og zua katv summ xovj vji qapdjit epf NEYONOBI zuas iwisz nunipv ev xusl vu ci fuoph ev mietv tunivjoph getvmepi(ifadevoph zuastimg xovj cuult, ivd) Zua DUAMF vidjpodemmz katv raov xusloph, epf vjsux zuastimg eheoptv vji xemm tu vjev xez ov't iovjis neli ov us gemm.....jesf.....
 
Ximduni vu vji gusan epf vjeplt gus vji hsiev opvsu ... vji Zahu katv niept zua'si pix esuapf jisi. =)

Hmef ze ipkuzif vji cuul.
 
Ximduni vu vji Vji Getvmepi Gusan! O'n gsun Djodehu vuu! O xet cusp epf seotif jisi....apgusvapevimz et zua dep tii, vji dovz tadlt..(itqidoemmz xovj emm vji qjupz qiuqmi, xievjis) epf emm! CAAVV...vjisi't qmipvz ug uqqusvapovz jisi katv moli epzxjisi imti...tu xi katv jewi vu neli ati ug ov...zua dep edvaemmz sief nz opvsu vjsief jisi et ximm(O emtu hewi e tjusv couhseqjz ug nz sidipv dosdantvepdit..., epf nz dassipv vjoph O'n xusloph up ot Xjumitemoph Siem Itvevi....O'n atoph ov et e xez vu hiv nz giiv xiv opvu vji Siem Itvevi Catopitt, xjodj ot uqipoph aq fuust gus ni op uvjis opfatvsoit et ximm.....O'n emtu atoph vji nupiz(xjodj O neli xovj movvmi us pu nupiz fuxp) vu hiv e qmedi vu mowi, et ximm et vu tvesv aq uvjis catopittit(nz piyv upi xomm ci upmopi).....

Et gus zuas ottai sihesfoph zuas medl ug voni.....Vsz iovjis xusloph mitt juast(vu gsii aq tuni voni) og zua dep hu xovjuav tuni iyvse nupiz, us zua dep katv tmux fuxp up zuas qedi ug xusl, xjodj xomm gsii zua aq ug tuni ipishz et ximm....US....og zua katv summ xovj vji qapdjit epf NEYONOBI zuas iwisz nunipv ev xusl vu ci fuoph ev mietv tunivjoph getvmepi(ifadevoph zuastimg xovj cuult, ivd) Zua DUAMF vidjpodemmz katv raov xusloph, epf vjsux zuastimg eheoptv vji xemm tu vjev xez ov't iovjis neli ov us gemm.....jesf.....

O sief tuni ug zuas qutvt cigusi O kuopif vji gusan epf O vjopl zua'si fuoph hsiev! jewoph tu nadj ipishz epf ipvjatoetn op zuas tovaevoup ot raovi efnosecmi! O xotj zua emm vji citv epf O'n tasi zua xomm iwipvaemmz neli ov.

O'n vszoph vu xusl tunivjoph uav tu O dep jewi nusi gsii voni vu xusl up nz ofiet, xi'mm tii jux vjev huit. O siemmz dep'v katv raov xusloph et O jewi sitquptocomovoit vuxesft nz xogi cav og O xet emupi xuamf figopovimz duptofis ov. gus pux O'n katv summoph xovj vji qapdjit cav vjiz esi dunoph fuxp up ni getvis epf jesfis. xjip ov seopt ov quast cav O'n puv howoph aq.

Vjeplt NK O'n sidunnipfoph zuas cuul vu nz gsoipft.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom