The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cameron Matthews

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 14, 2019
Hey guys, this is my first post on here!. I just have one big question about a small gadget I would like to try and put into a physical form. All I have is an idea, but i have absolutely no idea where to start when trying to actually turn it into a physical product. I should probably start with a design of what i think it should look like, but i have no drawing skills whatsoever. Should i just looke for a friend with some skills or what?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
It sounds like your design isn't too complicated and can be explained easily to someone over the web.

What I would do is to hire some indian worker from Fiver. Just search for this words "CAD design", "Solidworks" etc..

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
Hey guys, this is my first post on here!. I just have one big question about a small gadget I would like to try and put into a physical form. All I have is an idea, but i have absolutely no idea where to start when trying to actually turn it into a physical product. I should probably start with a design of what i think it should look like, but i have no drawing skills whatsoever. Should i just looke for a friend with some skills or what?
Have you tested if there is any market for this gadget you want to build?
It would be sad if you invested alot of time and money to find out noone is interested...

I suggest reading the "lean startup" The Lean Startup | The Movement That Is Transforming How New Products Are Built And Launched

The book explains how you go from idea to actual product and all the steps you need to take

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.