The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New entrepreneur needs a second opinion on strategy

Marketing, social media, advertising

Jannina Emila

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 15, 2022
Malaga, Spain
Needing an opinion from you guys.

I’m a new ish entrepreneur, past 1.5 years tested numerous different strategies and offers with my business and now finally feels like I’m starting to find the longer term, enjoyable and sustainable way I want to build my business (building a brand in social media, focusing on building awareness, community, having multiple different level offers, some passive funnels, I'm a digital creator and mentor)

However, my challenge is that my savings are running out mid this year. I would need clients to join my world, but I’m hesitating between two options:

1. Keep implementing my long term strategy sticking with this current direction, acknowledging that it takes time before I’m seen as expert and attracting clients to the right offers (this feels so genuine and GOOD!!). BUT with this I’m not making money that fast, it’s a long term game to build audience, gain trust, and get people to join my world.

2. Go back to my old “chasing” strategy including sales calls, hundreds of cold DMs, following up million times until people probably hate me, handling objections... (blah ALL this feels like crap tbh). But I did get 5 average quality clients in a relatively short time with this past strategy so it meant some good sales yes but actually the client work didn’t feel fun
most of the time, they weren’t ready to join my world and that showed as them disappearing for the whole time of the mentorship (not beneficial for them neither for me)

What would you do? I wanted to keep this story short so there is def some gaps, but in general I’m just needing some new point of view. I wouldn't want to go back doing things I hated not only bc I dont like it but also because this isn't the direction I wanna go anyway in the future so I feel like I would take steps backwards. But I also am running out of my savings. Is there anything I could do with this current direction that is more effective or do I just need to be patient since good things take time?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jannina Emila

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 15, 2022
Malaga, Spain
Needing an opinion from you guys.

I’m a new ish entrepreneur, past 1.5 years tested numerous different strategies and offers with my business and now finally feels like I’m starting to find the longer term, enjoyable and sustainable way I want to build my business (building a brand in social media, focusing on building awareness, community, having multiple different level offers, some passive funnels, I'm a digital creator and mentor)

However, my challenge is that my savings are running out mid this year. I would need clients to join my world, but I’m hesitating between two options:

1. Keep implementing my long term strategy sticking with this current direction, acknowledging that it takes time before I’m seen as expert and attracting clients to the right offers (this feels so genuine and GOOD!!). BUT with this I’m not making money that fast, it’s a long term game to build audience, gain trust, and get people to join my world.

2. Go back to my old “chasing” strategy including sales calls, hundreds of cold DMs, following up million times until people probably hate me, handling objections... (blah ALL this feels like crap tbh). But I did get 5 average quality clients in a relatively short time with this past strategy so it meant some good sales yes but actually the client work didn’t feel fun
most of the time, they weren’t ready to join my world and that showed as them disappearing for the whole time of the mentorship (not beneficial for them neither for me)

What would you do? I wanted to keep this story short so there is def some gaps, but in general I’m just needing some new point of view. I wouldn't want to go back doing things I hated not only bc I dont like it but also because this isn't the direction I wanna go anyway in the future so I feel like I would take steps backwards. But I also am running out of my savings. Is there anything I could do with this current direction that is more effective or do I just need to be patient since good things take time?
my current "money making actions" are:
- consistent, strategic content mostly on IG, but also pinterest, yt shorts & tiktok
- using a lead magnet to gain interest and driving ppl towards other offers
- talking about my offers almost daily
- clear CTAs to my offers
- sharing social proof as often as I can

D

Deleted88861

Based on your 1.5 years of testing different methods:
- How long have you been doing your current method for?
- Have you changed it much in comparison to your other approaches?
- Is this current method your most successful out of the ones you've tried so far or are you considering going back to any previous method?

Have you considered reaching out to other content creators with similar/slightly more followings in comparison to yourself and attempt to get some kind of collaboration going, on any platform but in particular IG and or YouTube?

How often are you posting on YouTube? It's still great for organic reach in comparison to IG nowadays.

Hard to say for sure because I'm not sure what sort of data you're pulling in each week/month. If you're able to use some kind of tracker to help with your ideal audiences journey into your funnel then you might also be able to pick up on some potential bottlenecks.

You might find that it could be something fairly simple like increasing your touch points across all of the different platforms you're on.

See what you think, i'm spitballing a bit here, lol.

Take care
Arron

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007