- Joined
- Apr 21, 2008
- Messages
- 200
Rep Bank
$280
$280
User Power: 8%
For those with businesses that process credit card payments, what changes have you observed in the spending habits of your customers who use credit cards vs. paying by cash or check?
As we all know, people are saving a lot more in the past year. I would deduce that as part of that trend, people are also making sure that they aren’t spending money they don’t have, as with credit cards. Of course, there are exceptions, but I’m trying to look at the big picture.
On a personal note, I’ve noticed a sharp drop in the number of customers who use credit cards to pay for my carpet cleaning services. In my battle to reduce expenses, I was thinking about dropping the entire credit card processing option, and only accepting checks. So I deciced to look at the numbers:
Last quarter, my average sale was 50% greater for customers who used credit cards compared to those who paid by check. Even during my worst month, the ROI on “average sale increase†to “total credit card processing fees†was still 300%, usually well more than that.
It seems despite a lack of volume of customers who are paying by credit cards, those that do make it worth it for me to continue offering the option. What have your experiences been?
As we all know, people are saving a lot more in the past year. I would deduce that as part of that trend, people are also making sure that they aren’t spending money they don’t have, as with credit cards. Of course, there are exceptions, but I’m trying to look at the big picture.
On a personal note, I’ve noticed a sharp drop in the number of customers who use credit cards to pay for my carpet cleaning services. In my battle to reduce expenses, I was thinking about dropping the entire credit card processing option, and only accepting checks. So I deciced to look at the numbers:
Last quarter, my average sale was 50% greater for customers who used credit cards compared to those who paid by check. Even during my worst month, the ROI on “average sale increase†to “total credit card processing fees†was still 300%, usually well more than that.
It seems despite a lack of volume of customers who are paying by credit cards, those that do make it worth it for me to continue offering the option. What have your experiences been?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
